Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-17-2002, 04:56 PM   #1
Faramir
Elven Warrior

Strider The War of All Races: The Actual Story

Sorry for the delay! Here goes:

Luinbrethil, the Leader of the Armies of Lothlorien, had been summoned to the Dining Hall. He had been told thata messanger had come to speak to him. When he arrived at the Dining Hall, he found a very tired looking man. Luinbrethil judged that he was a Gondorian. "Let us speak alone." he said to the gaurds and elves that were in there. After they had left, he said to the man: "What message have you brought?" "I have been sent by the King Ellesar, he wishes that you would come to the aid of our City. Orcs have began to gather in Mordor again. Their numbers have been growing rapidly, and we cannot hold them off much loger." Luinbrethil realized that this was very serious. "I will come with aid to your grand City. But tell your King that it will take time gather a strong enough army. I will come as soon as I can." "Thank you," said the messanger. "You will forever have our thanks." Luinbrethil leftthe dining hall. He went to the Lady Galadriel and the Lord Celeborn. He told them all that the messanger had said. "Very well..." said Galadriel. "Gather an army quickly, and go to Gondor as soon as possible." Luinbrethil left with th greatest soldiers of Lothlorien. His first stop would be Rivendel, to seek the help of the Elvish Lord Fimbren...
==========================
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
I Love Jesus!
Faramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 10:10 PM   #2
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

Meanwhile, in Mordor, things were brewing. The Orc General, Kurkulk, was in his war room when one of his scouts came in the room, panting badly. He could see he was going to have to find another scout fast. "Well, what have you found? Is it anything good that you have for me?" asked the General. Panting still, the scout answered, "Yessss... ssssir." The General shot back. "WELL WHAT IS IT?" he screamed at the soldier. He had become very irate in the past several days, and this scout wasn't helping matters very much. "Ssssir... the men have called... upon the Elvessss... for help." Kurkulk became even more irate than he had been. He decided it would be the best if he got rid of this pathetic piece of stunted slime quickly, so he drew his sword, the Madh-shapat, and cut his head off. "You're fired." the General told the now headless body.
Eäráng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 11:14 PM   #3
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

"Children!" A vast majority of hobbit children looked up from the hard work of playing, except for one. The care-taker sighed. "And Claenoic, please take your nose out of that book." The hobbit, nearly out of her tweens, jumped and looked up with a muttered ,"Sorry". As the care-taker cleared her throat and started to go over what was planned for tomorrow, Claenoic buried herself into her book once more. It was entitled," The Tale of Frodo of Nine Fingers and the Ring of Doom." Claenoic sighed. She wished she could go on adventures like Frodo and Samwise, if not as doomed as they. But what could she do? Little did she know that an adventure would whisk her away to Rivendell, to Minas Tirith, to Edoras - indeed, to Mordor itself...

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Claenoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 08:55 AM   #4
Garina
Elf Lord

In a tavern in Arnor, a hooded figure is sat in a corner. A bustling man came up.
"Would you like another drink?"
The figure nodded in assent, tossing some coins on the table.

The night wore on. The drinkers became more and more rowdy. In disgust, the hooded figure stood up as if to leave, but the way was blocked by a burly man.
"Where you goin'? The party's just getting goin'!"
Pushing past him the figure halted abruptly as the man put a hand on the sleeve of the cloak.
"What's the hurry?"
The figure made an attempt to walk off, but the man was adamant and pulled at the hood. It slid off to reveal a young girl. Hostile green eyes stared at him as she wrenched her arm from his grip. Slightly pointed ears hinted at some Elven blood, while her light brown hair indicated human ancestry as well.
"Well, look what was hiding underneath that!" the man exclaimed, with a predatory look in his eye. Moving towards the girl he was checked by her voice.
"Don't. Even. Think. About. It." she warned.
A grin broke across his face as he got closer to her. "And just how are you going to stop me?" He reached out...
And recoiled in pain as the girl broke his wrist.
Entmoot Resident Bard #2
Wielder of the shiny fire extinguisher
Worshipper of the divine cheesecake

Hamsters and Rangers everywhere, rejoice!!! Minsc, Baldur's Gate 2
Children, don't take drugs. Become a pop star, then people give them to you for free!!! - Billy Mack, Love Actually.

While I'm sure the nice people from the local archery club meant well, a moment's consideration would have made them realise that giving my friend and I lethal weapons was probably not a good idea!

Dammit, eyeliner and dreadlocks should not be that sexy!
Garina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 11:03 AM   #5
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Myanduri was bored. Her family was boring. Minas Tirith was boring. Her life was boring. Every morning was the same. She got up, ran a few leagues, fed the horses, and went into the woods with Jarnal to practice archery. She didn't understand why she had to do that. It wasn't as if she'd actually have to ever use a bow. She was formidable with a sword. Not that she'd ever have to use that either.

She took another swig of her brew and looked around the room. The Glorious Eagle always attracted shady characters. She loved to think of herself as one of them. She fit right in, too. She wore all black that matched her wavy black hair and clashed with her bright amber eyes. She stared curiously at her hand, which was calloused and not at all what a lady's hand should look like. The knife strapped to her right arm had just been sharpened. she might need it with the brawl that was just breaking out.

"But what about the R.O.U.Ses?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
-You forgot to say "May he live forever"
-That's because I don't want him to live forever!
- The Horse and his Boy--C.S. Lewis
Nariel Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 01:43 PM   #6
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

OOC: Looking good so far. I like the four different lines starting out, (soon to be five) which will merge soon enought (except for the Mordor one)

Fimbren awoke to rain on his face, he had spent the night on the porch of Elron's house, though Elrond had been gone for a number of years, Fimbren, and Elrond's sons; Elrohir and Elladan still maintained the colony there. Elladan appeared from a doorway and said, "Come Fimbren, break your fast with me."
Fimbren went in, looking worriedly at the strange dark clouds.
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 03:15 PM   #7
Faramir
Elven Warrior

All of a sudden, there was a loud rap at the door where Fimbren was eating breakfast. Fimbren opened the door. "Hello, may I ask what brings an elf from Lothlorien to Rivendell?" he asked. He knew Luinbrethil was from Lothlorien because of his attire. "We have much to talk of. My name is Luinbrethil. I come fromLothlorien as you have guessed." Fimbren recognized him. They had met, a very long tima ago, even for an elf. "Welcome to Rivendell. Come in. We will discuss this...mmm, whatever it is you came for over a hearty breakfast." "Thank you." said Luinbrethil as he walked in.
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
I Love Jesus!
Old 06-20-2002, 08:22 PM   #8
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

Kurkulk looked at his officer, a largish Orc, but not an Uruk-hai like himself. He knew he would need the Olog-hai to get his troops out of danger. He didn't like it. He would have needed them a lot sooner if his officers weren't so lucky. "So, what do you have for me this time?" Kurkulk asked, sitting in his war room. He had all sorts of trophies, such as a whole decaying elf, several dwarf skulls, and several of those blasted elven swords that he had taken from the dead elves in the Goblin War. That was a good time, although he was only a Corporal. His colonel answered him, "We have word that several things are coming together for the other races to come against us. We have spies everywhere, disguised as humans, elves, we even have a few supporters in Mordor that are not Orcs. We should have the upper hand, though." Kurkulk was pleased with the news that his colonel had brought him. He dismissed him with a wave of his hand and had an Orc draught, just for old time's sake.

Last edited by Eäráng : 06-20-2002 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-22-2002, 03:32 PM   #9
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
Christiana sighed,looking out her window in Minas Tirith.Suddenly,she stiffend.With her Elven eyes,she gazed towards Mordor.There,she saw a thin wisp of smoke.Orcs.

she grasped the window rim,& pulled herself up.from there, she climed 3 stories 2 where she knew Aragorn was takeing lunch...

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Christiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 03:02 PM   #10
Christiana
Elf Lord

Christiana tumbled into the room.Everyone looked up.
"Christa,what is it?"Aragorn asked.
"I saw an Orc camp in Mordor.At least,i thought it was Orcs,but who else would be there?"She asked.
"No one.Its forbidden to all without my leave.and that I gave no one."Aragorn replied.

OOC: ok,tell me if this is bad and i'll edit it.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Old 06-24-2002, 03:30 AM   #11
Garina
Elf Lord

ooc: Nariel, is your character in the same tavern as mine?

The man roared with rage. He lunged towards the girl, and crashed into the wall as she ducked. Utter confusion followed.
Entmoot Resident Bard #2

Children, don't take drugs. Become a pop star, then people give them to you for free!!! - Billy Mack, Love Actually.

While I'm sure the nice people from the local archery club meant well, a moment's consideration would have made them realise that giving my friend and I lethal weapons was probably not a good idea!

Old 06-24-2002, 05:08 PM   #12
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

Kurkulk wasn't in a good mood (not that he ever was). Just today, he had asked the Olog-hai for help, but they had just stared and laughed their guts out, quite literally, as Kurkulk had taken out his sword and sliced their guts out. He was walking down the corridor of his command center, for there was a prisoner that needed interrogation. This particular prisoner had been captured last week, a male human, mid-forties, and was a spy for the rest of Beleriand. This prisoner should be very good in finding information on what the newest developments were.

He had just made it to the dungeon, a quaint little place, at least for an Orc of his caliber, but not so for others. Ah, there he was. His prisoner had almost killed himself when he was captured, but his cronies had taken all weapons away. He had a nasty gash in his head, but that was the only evidence from last week's capture.
The interrogation begun well enough. "So, what's your name?" the vile creature asked this pathetic human.
"Hal... Halcarion..." the pathetic little being answered him. He looked awful. Under nourished, he was a miserable little creature. Kind of reminded the Uruk-hai of the little creature Gollum, who he had himself tortured.
"Where do you come from?" the Uruk-hai asked next.
"Min... Minas... Minas Tirith..." the man--what was his name again? Oh yes, Halcarion.
"What is happening in the lands west of Mordor? Are you going to attack?" the next question from Kurkulk.
"We... are... going to... attack..."
"When?" Kurkulk motioned his colonel to get this down.
"When... we get... elves... dwarves... halflings..." Kurkulk looked at him with greedy eyes. He had used up his usefulness. But even so, they got good information out of him. Kurkulk looked at his prey, then motioned his colonel out. He stood over the man, then lunged. There was screaming, then there was no more.
Old 06-24-2002, 10:05 PM   #13
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

OOC: Garina: umm i don't know. yours says Arnor. Is that the same as Minas Tirith? too many double names!

"But what about the R.O.U.Ses?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
-You forgot to say "May he live forever"
-That's because I don't want him to live forever!
- The Horse and his Boy--C.S. Lewis
Nariel Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 10:57 PM   #14
Mirahzi
Elf Lord

Arnor is the Northern Kingdom.. whereas Minas Tirith is in the South in Gondor
Old 06-25-2002, 05:47 AM   #15
Garina
Elf Lord

ooc: no, then. Oh well, I shall deal with the big guy myself.

When the dust settled, the man was lying unconscious on the floor, a large purple contusion marring his forehead. The bartender opened his mouth to protest, but one look from the imposing girl stopped him. Sara threw a few coins at him.
"That will pay for the damage."
Pulling her hood back over her face, she left the tavern, and walked into the night.

ooc: am I doing ok? I've never done a serious rpg before!
Entmoot Resident Bard #2

Old 06-25-2002, 11:29 AM   #16
Faramir
Elven Warrior

Finrod, I'm waiting for you to continue the part where we are, so if you see this, please post!
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
I Love Jesus!
Old 06-25-2002, 12:59 PM   #17
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

Kurkulk sat musing in his war room over the things that were said last night. He was staring at his rotting elf corpse. Men, dwarves, elves, and... Halflings? For some reason that name had never come up before... Unless, oh yes, that Frodo person. He was a Halfling, was he not? He was smaller than a dwarf, yet he was stouter than any of them. After all, he was the one who threw the Ring down into the Cracks of Doom. Argh, curse that Mt. Orodruin. If there wasn't a path straight to it, then the cursed Halflings wouldn't have thrown the Ring into there. Wait, he also had a title, what was it again? Oh yes, Frodo of the Nine Fingers. That idiotic, manic creature Gollum had gone and bitten his finger off. Oh well, they're both gone, that was good. Now he had to get together a good strategy for his offense. He would strike when the time was right, but not before....
Old 06-27-2002, 12:53 AM   #18
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

OOC: This is really getting wierd. Should I go on with the next part of the RP?

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Claenoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 03:16 PM   #19
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

YES!!! I can't keep this thing going myself. Finrod, where the heck are you?
Old 06-30-2002, 01:15 PM   #20
Christiana
Elf Lord

deleted

Last edited by Christiana : 06-30-2002 at 01:19 PM.