Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-13-2003, 02:18 PM   #1
waytoblu
Sapling

New song about Lord of the Rings released!!!

Back in 1989, I wrote a song about the Lord of the Rings. I had read it a few times and really wanted to capture the heart and passion of the Tolkien's world in a song.

Thirteen years later, I have finally been able to record it with some amazing musicians and put it on a cd. The song is called "Master of the Ring" and is the 5th track on the cd "Parsonage Lane."

The cd cover was painted by an artist friend and was somewhat inspired by visions of Rivendell and the Shire combined with the Carolina mountains and the Catskills in NY. On the back there is a sailboat crossing the sea in the mountain, dolphins jumping in the distance.

Being fellow fans of Tolkien I'm interested in hearing impressions from other writers and fans. You can hear a soundbyte and read lyrics at my website http://www.waytobluemusic.com .

waytoblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 01:54 PM   #2
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

I should download that!

BTW welcome to the 'moot!
Old 06-14-2003, 03:14 PM   #3
waytoblu
Sapling

Thank you

Thanks for the welcome...enjoying a nice Saturday with cool breezes and plenty of sun.

Just got the shipment of cd's and they look very fabulous...just like a scene right out of Rivendell.

Victor, who has a cat named Frodo
waytoblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 11:35 PM   #4
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Lovely lyrics waytoblu. I'm downloading the music as we speak. Taking a heck of a time though. *taps her furry foot impatiently as she waits for the music to the song to download* Welcome to the moot by the way Wayto. Almost there.
Methinks I've heard this before...cool! < *bobs head to the rythym* COOL!
I wish I could ride on a horse named Bill
That's funny...*wrinkles nose in a cute bunny like fashion* That's a cool song, and that's sayin' alot cause I don't normally listen to anythin' but books on tape, Celtic music, Classical, the Phantom Of The Opera, and the LOTR soundtracks.
Good luck with the cd Wayto,
Cheers,
Sam.
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 08:36 AM   #5
Hans Moleman
Hobbit