Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-30-2002, 04:32 AM   #1
Lady of Rivendell
Hobbit

Best Scene?

Okay...being a newbie to Entmoot, I've read a lot of the threads about the movie and I might be mistaken ( which often happens ), but I havn't seen a thread dealing with everyone's favorite scenes from TTT. I know that some people mentioned it in the " What did you think about TTT " thread but I'm curious! So come on everyone...Favorite scene! Fess up! Even those of you who didn't really like the movie must have a scene that stood out as a semi-decent one....=-)

I'll start.....my favorite scene was Gimli and Legolas's kill counting scenes from Helm's Deep. I really wanted that scene to translate over from the book and luckily, it did!
Lady of Rivendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 06:01 AM   #2
ThorinOakenshield
Sapling

Gimli Agree!

Haven't yet seen TTT, waiting for the video, but book-wise I loved their game, especially since Gimli seems to have come out on top. Long live the Dwarves! *ThorinOakenshield*
Old 12-30-2002, 06:10 AM   #3
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Favourite has got to be the start sequence of Gandalf vs Balrog.
It was done extremely well I thought - in particular the distant first shot of the pool - you see the light appearing up top and then they appear ''slowly' - the sense of scale is awesome - swiftly followed by the camera following them down into the water.
Amazing.

It's all downhill from there of course
Old 12-30-2002, 07:34 AM   #4
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

My favorite is when Frodo first calls Gollum Smeagol. I liked the far-off look on Gollum's face as he remembers that he was not always a miserable creature.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 08:57 AM   #5
Elf.Freak
Orli's lil fan

i liked the whole film, but my fav HAS to be the Ents, they were done really well! (oh yeah, i liked Aragorn's comment about 'Beards' on the way to Helms Deep)
~
I've gotta new avatar! looks kinda like me...anime style!
~
LOST: Orlando Bloom. If found, please send him straight to Elf.Freak
Elf.Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 03:41 PM   #6
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

I liked the scene when the battle of Helms deep is just about to begin. Everyone is in position waiting, aiming theur bows and getting ready for war. The rain starts to fall adding great atmosphere and the Uruks start chanting in the black speech.

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

"That's it, set it all on fire; we're gonna smoke out Escaflowne!"

"Oh, I hit the wrong target... never mind that creature was useless to us anyway. Our orders were to get the girl? So he isn't our concern, we don't need him!"

^_^ Isn't Dilandau just fantastic? You just have to love the insane, murderous pyro :-D
Ërendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 04:03 PM   #7
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

That has to be by far my favourite scene! I loved it! When it started to rain and the Uruks ! It was amazing!
I also so loved the Ent's when they were attacking Isenguard! That was brilliant! And when they broke the damm. and when they were marching and throwing rocks! That was just fantastic!
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 04:07 PM   #8
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

Another scene I liked was at the end when Gollum is muttering to himslef about getting "Her" to kill Frodo and Sam, and that "She" would help. I thought that was very clever the way they can now introduce Shelob. I can't wait for that scene!

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

"That's it, set it all on fire; we're gonna smoke out Escaflowne!"

"Oh, I hit the wrong target... never mind that creature was useless to us anyway. Our orders were to get the girl? So he isn't our concern, we don't need him!"

^_^ Isn't Dilandau just fantastic? You just have to love the insane, murderous pyro :-D
Ërendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 05:24 PM   #9
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Gerbil
Favourite has got to be the start sequence of Gandalf vs Balrog.
Quote:
Originally posted by Arathorn
My favorite is when Frodo first calls Gollum Smeagol. I liked the far-off look on Gollum's face as he remembers that he was not always a miserable creature.
Old 12-30-2002, 06:42 PM   #10
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

There were so many good scenes this time around. I loved the Elven archers marching into Helms deep. they were so beautiful. The whole Helms Deep battle was great.

One of my favorite parts though was such a minor little thing, but I just loved it when Gandalf appears to Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas when he returns as Gandalf the White and he says: "I come back to you at the turn of the tide." I just love the way he says that.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 08:15 PM   #11
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I really like the early part when Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli watch the Riders of Rohan thunder past. Aragorn steps out and calls to them. They swiftly circle back, and surround the "Fellowship" with spears. Eomer asks what a man, an elf, and a dwarf are doing in the Riddermark.
I love it because a touch of Fellowship of the Ring is still there, the introduction of Eomer is exciting, and for Aragorn to step out and let fate take her course is intense. The mix of races is ominous, I just love it!
Old 12-30-2002, 10:42 PM   #12
azalea
Long lost mooter

Hey, Lizra, you took mine! And continuing, I'm glad they included Legolas' defense of Gimli.

I also liked the scenes w/ the Uruks running w/ Merry and Pippin.

And I've said before I liked Haldir's death scene. And the part when the elves do their little military "turn, stomp, thump bows" thing.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 11:33 PM   #13
Erawyn
Elven Warrior

Quote:
I liked the scene when the battle of Helms deep is just about to begin. Everyone is in position waiting, aiming theur bows and getting ready for war. The rain starts to fall adding great atmosphere and the Uruks start chanting in the black speech.
And that one guy shoots before everyone else...

Quote:
I really like the early part when Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli watch the Riders of Rohan thunder past. Aragorn steps out and calls to them. They swiftly circle back, and surround the "Fellowship" with spears. Eomer asks what a man, an elf, and a dwarf are doing in the Riddermark.
All the horses turning in unison is beautiful!

Quote:
Hey, Lizra, you took mine! And continuing, I'm glad they included Legolas' defense of Gimli.
You would be dead before your stroke fell

"Be not so bigoted to any custom as to worship it at the expense of Truth."
Johann Georg von Zimmermann
Erawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 12:34 AM   #14
WallRocker
Elven Warrior

Gotta love the Ents! My favorite scene was when Treebeard says 'Come, my Friends. It is possiblle we march to our doom. The last great march of the Ents!', then, the view changes, and we see all the Ents marching to Isengard. The music there is so awesome ! The begining scene w/ Gandalf and the Balrog is one of my favorites as well.

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><<>< <>< <>< <><

I pledge allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America
And to the Republic for which it stands
One nation
UNDER GOD
with liberty and justice for all
WallRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 12:37 AM   #15
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

It was kinda cool when the Ent was on fire and dunked under the water.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 12-31-2002, 12:41 AM   #16
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

My favorite part is when Legolas sticks his arm out and swings up onto the horse. (Just kidding, just kidding...)

It's hard to pick just one. So here's my top three: Gandalf and the Balrog - Enough said. The White Rider - His return as Gandalf the White was awesome. Right before the Battle of Helm's Deep - I love the hopelessness of the scene and while the Uruks are marching in, you could cut the tension with a knife.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 12:46 AM   #17
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

i liked the arwen parts, surprisingly.
i love how it illustrated the monumentous desicion she has to make, and how it tears her apart to have to choose this one fate forever.
and i liked how frodo is yelling at sam. that is a good part to show how the ring can change beings that way (better than the galadrial flip a nut sequence)

happy new year, im off to bed.
Old 12-31-2002, 12:47 AM   #18
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Hey, those Elven archers snapping to attention wasn't too shabby either.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 12-31-2002, 12:59 AM   #19
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I still think that those elves at helm's deep were huorns disguised as elves.
<ducks>

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 01:07 AM   #20
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Yeah, you better duck!

Travel and Tourism Guide