Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2002, 07:40 PM   #1
Pippin Skywalker
Enting

Martin Csokas As Celeborn???

I am sorry and sad to say that this actor was not that elvish. He had a round face (an elf with a cherubic face!!?!) that was not as like to the part as one would like. Plus he only had one line! Celeborn though perhaps not as IMPORTANT as Galadriel was still of note. He was no cheapo "wood elf" but was originally alive in the time of the Silmarillion and supposedly a kinsmen (or part of that group) of Thingol, one of the greatest of the elf kings. Perhaps we will see more of him in the half hour of extra DVD footage.

Do you all agree or you think I'm just being to picky? Open debate is welcome my fellow middle earthlings!

Personally, I think the most elvish looking elf was Haldir. His face was cool...his hair shined...they did a good job with him. Craig Parker did that role well. How about HIM as Celeborn? Legolas was pretty good.....as far as LOOKING his part. You do have to take into consideration that it is hard to find actors who really and truely LOOK like elves. Elves have a rather unique physiology...plus the whole glow in the dark thing throughs a lot of digital artists and FXmeisters for a loop!

Note: That was not an actual quote from J.R.R. Tolkien's novel!
Pippin Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote