Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-10-2004, 01:47 AM   #1
Brian
Elven Warrior

Moutain Biking

I just want to know what you think about the sport of Moutian biking, and if you have had any god or bad experances on a bike that you would like to share ?

slipknot rules and norco is still the best!!

my fourm need ppl!!

http://www.casev.com/lotr/
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 11:52 AM   #2
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
I just want to know what you think about the sport of Moutian biking, and if you have had any god or bad experances on a bike that you would like to share ?
*crashes into tree...

Where to begin! I've biked all over the the Pacific NW, I've had many the bike adventure.

There's the going to class adventures, going to work adventures, the "quick" trip up the mountain adventures, the "only a couple of miles" adventure , the 'gave blood' adventures, the 'absolutely lost' adventures, then there were the 'completely dangerous' adventures, then, my favorite....the 'I was a complete idiot' adventures...

Pick your catorgory, and lets talk bike, LOL

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!
EarthBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 12:11 PM   #3
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Ooh ooh! I'll take "only a couple miles" for three hundred Alex.

I love biking! I don't actually mountain bike, in the true sense of the word, but I have a hybrid bike that I like to take on trails. It's a beautiful Marin Larkspur, with a straight frame, aluminium alloy. It has no shocks, knobby tires, and rapid fire gear changing on a great gear system 8 in the back, three in the front. It does have a little shock in the seatpost, which makes all the difference sometimes. It weighs 14kg tops. The brakes are V-brakes, easy to repair/replace, and reliable.

That's my Canadian bike. The bike I'm riding in Sweden is a piece of crap, like half of the student bikes here. It is unreliable, and 2 of 3 gears work, the rear wheel is slightly bent, the brakes are spaz. In fact, the brakes spazzed yesterday, and my bike is broken because the rear wheel won't turn. (It has pedal brakes. The kind where you pedal backwards to stop.)
I had to carry it a short distance, and my left shoulder tells me it probably weighs about 18kg. Bah. It also has old, bald road tires. However, I love my bike and I wish it worked. I don't take it on any but the best maintained trails though.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 02:42 PM   #4
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
Ooh ooh! I'll take "only a couple miles" for three hundred Alex.

OK, "only a couple of miles" it is...

IN the early fall of 1999 a good friend of mine and I decided to ride from his home in the eastern edge of the coastal mountains of Oregon toward the coast....the divide for the mountain range sits about 3 miles uphill from his family's cabin that we took off from about 7:30 am. The mountains were misting that morning, sort of like a heavy fog. We were soaked before long but after we hit the divide it was all down hill to the ocean (or at least that's what we told ourselves). The mountains hold nothing but logging roads and forgotten ghost towns. Very cool riding. We watched the mileage signs that the logging company had put up for their log truck drivers and before long we'd traveled 27 miles of "through the woods" riding. We'd carefully packed lunches and strategically placed them on the counter in the kitchen to be forgotten about until mile 22 of the bike ride. A flat tire and angry bee later we stopped under the lovely DOWNPOUR that the sky had timely let forth for us. Near the end of the torrential rains we came upon (in our great hunger) a patch of blackberries, we ate our fill and drank water from our bottles. Funny thing about eating berries by themselves, they like to squirt out later, or rather sooner, with plenty of cramping involved for no good reason. Ahem.

We'd also planned our "little trip" carefully by simultaneously forgetting our identification and money, insuring that we'd have no means of purchasing any kind of provisions to help us SURVIVE our 'little trip'.

We hit pavement and continued on towards the coast. We'd given up going back the way we'd come since it was all up hill and it simply seemed a waste of great progress. We eventually spied civilization near dark and found a donut shop to beg water and sugar packets off caring donut personnel. We were pooped after the 48 mile trip, mostly on dirt and gravel roads/trails. We'd seen a herd of elk, several deer, a confused rabbit, and lots of birds.

After a pleading phone call to my mother to come pick us up we sucked on sugar and drank water and discussed the beautiful & hungry ride to the Oregon coast.

My mother still complains about the four hours she wasted coming to pick us up......she insist we implement more "planning" in our adventures now......AS IF!!! LOL

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!

Last edited by EarthBound : 12-14-2004 at 07:14 AM.
EarthBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 03:32 PM   #5
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Fell off my bike at about 70kph. Oh wait, that was on a tar road....nevermind.
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 08:24 PM   #6
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

well the only mountain biking iv done was in puerto rico. and im not sure i will ever go again. lol
2 summers ago when i went on this scuba diving adventure with 7 other kids my age and 2 'couclers' (if you can call them that, they were almost as immature and irresponsible as we were, losing all their cash and then maxing out the 1 credit card between them, causing us to go without food except what we could find for a day)
we were camping on the beach and it was a 3 mile bikeride on old dirt paths to get to town everymorning at 9 where our dive boat left. we were there for about a week and were biking the 3 miles there and back in the morning to get to our diveboat, and then back in the afternoon to snorkle and then shower, and then back into town for dinner and then back home to sleep at night.
after that week i was sooooo proud of myself for being the only one not to fall off their bike or sustain any major injuries. so on our very last bikeride to the bikeshop to return our bikes and catch the ferry home im hopping around bragging that im the best biker and that i didnt fall off or get hurt once... and ofcoarse as i go to put my bike on the rack i trip on the gravel, drop the bike, which lands on my foot, and the gears cut several really deep gashes right above my knee. i still have the scars, and needless to say, i was the worst injured that trip.
lol

so although i bike around my town with nice paved roads, i havent been off paved roads on a bike sinse.

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 08:26 PM   #7
eowyngirl14

id like to hear the 'i was a complete idiot' adventure if ur willing to share...

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

Old 12-13-2004, 11:27 PM   #8
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

lol, thsiis brian, my bro didnt log out and i didnt ralize it.sry

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes

Last edited by gollum9630 : 12-13-2004 at 11:30 PM.
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 11:32 PM   #9
Brian
Elven Warrior

as i said be for im my bros acount: one time i want mtbing at whistler,b.c, and i hit this sweet drop, it wasnt too big(6ft), but it felt great. i was ewondering if anyone has ridden at whistler?

my fourm need ppl!!

Old 12-13-2004, 11:34 PM   #10
eowyngirl14

iv never been the Whistlet, but some of my guy friends talk about Mountain biking there all the time... it sounds a little too hardcore for my tastes though...
i wonder if it is the same Whistler...

- Benjamin Franklin

Old 12-13-2004, 11:50 PM   #11
Brian
Elven Warrior

i think there is only on whistler, it one of the top mtb places in the world, but ya its a gard ride

my fourm need ppl!!

Old 12-13-2004, 11:55 PM   #12
Brian
Elven Warrior

i got a hard tail(no back suspension), its a norco(huge western canda company),click here to see it

my fourm need ppl!!