Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-28-2003, 11:19 PM   #1
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

First words and other childhood thoughts

You know, it's weird because my parents remember all of their childrens first words, or first sentance. But I know a lot of people who don't know what their first words were.
Do you know yours? your childrens? (please exclude the obvious 'mama' and 'papa' heh)

Also, did you ever believe anything weird when you were really little? Ever have an imaginary friend? Your first favorite color/s? I occassionaly remember something from when I was very young but I always forget. Anything weird you did? Some of the most interesting stuff though. I wish I was like 5 again...

Example: I remember one time when I was probably 7 or 8 I went outside to the street (we live on a cauldesact-sp?) and sat down there for hours with a paper bag and a broom and dustpan sweeping dirt off the street by our mailbox...

Last edited by Sminty_Smeagol : 12-28-2003 at 11:20 PM.
Sminty_Smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 01:12 AM   #2
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I think my first word was 'fruck'... either that, or 'ow'. And I thought I had to marry my brother for some reason. Good thing I'm not from the southern US of A, or I could be in for some serious ribbing for that.
Old 12-29-2003, 05:56 PM   #3
Diamond
Hobbit

My mother says that my first word was "cat"... it should have been, we had three of them! (Still do, actually...)

Liz
Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 06:02 PM   #4
Sminty_Smeagol

lol BOP my brother once asked my mom to marry him when he was like 3... he'd always ask her and shed always say she was already married to my dad adn then he would get mad at my dad lol

My first word was Boat... my little brother's first sentance was Shoot Mommy lol
Old 12-29-2003, 06:06 PM   #5
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
My first word was "hot", according to my sister, and "more", according to my mom. Hot because my mom's stepdad fed me mashed potatos that were wayyy too hot for my little mouth, and more because I wanted more of whatever my mom was feeding me (bananas, I think).

We had a swing set when I was little, and I used to jump off of the side into our lawn and pretend I was jumping into a pool. I also had an imaginary friend, Susan, who had two brown braids. I thought my sister was the coolest person in the world. I also wanted to be a cat (still do, sometimes).
Old 12-29-2003, 07:04 PM   #6
Sminty_Smeagol

My older brother's first word was hot, too, because he touched a frying pan or something and burnt his finger...

I know someone who used to think that trees made wind... because their branches start swaying as you feel breeze lol
Old 12-30-2003, 12:12 AM   #7
Goldberry1
Elven Warrior

i think my first word was 'dad', but that's not very interesting... my older brother's first word was 'hat' because my one grandfather always wears these hats.

when i was little, i would never take medicine unless my brother was there! i don't really know why... i guess maybe i really admired him or something.

i didn't like sand when i was little, when we would go to the beach, i would sit in the middle of the beach blanket so i wouldn't touch the sand.

i fractured my skull when i was five... i remember that day. i got ran into and fell over onto concrete and was knocked unconscious, when i came to i was being put into the car to go to the hospital.

just some interesting tidbits
Old 12-30-2003, 02:26 AM   #8
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Sminty_Smeagol
lol BOP my brother once asked my mom to marry him when he was like 3... he'd always ask her and shed always say she was already married to my dad adn then he would get mad at my dad lol
Wow... a 3-year-old with an Oedipus complex. Interesting.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 10:59 AM   #9
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

My first word was juise, wich isn't to interesting, but my brothers first word was birdman- much more interesting firt word, I think. My mom cept track of all of this "first stuff" from when we were babys, she has hair from our first haircuts, my hair was golden and really soft. she also has the date of first steps and stuff.

I remember when I was litle telling my brother that I loved him, and wanted to mary him some day so that we would always live together, and him saying that I couldn't. But I couldn't understand why we couldn't get married some day!

I also remember after it rained going outside and making "mud cakes" and then letting them drie over night and bringing it to my mom the next day, and telling her that I made the cake for her. she would always pretend that it was real, and pretend to eat it!

I also remember selling lemonade with my big sister, becuase my mom said that I was to young to do it by myself, I would make like $3 and think that I was rich, and be so excited!

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
samwiselvr2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 11:08 AM   #10
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

I think my first word was 'light'.
Old 12-30-2003, 11:12 AM   #11
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

And I thought every child's first word were 'mommy'.
Old 12-30-2003, 11:21 AM   #12
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Falagar
I think my first word was 'light'.
The death of the mooters first word was "light"? Interesting... very interesting... you would think that it would be darkness or something.

FRODO LIVES!
Old 12-30-2003, 11:30 AM   #13
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

Quote:
Originally posted by samwiselvr2008
The death of the mooters first word was "light"? Interesting... very interesting... you would think that it would be darkness or something.
Or 'ys' (which is baby-talk for 'lys', light). So you could say that it is a very twisted form of light. *evilgrin*
Old 12-30-2003, 12:59 PM   #14
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

ACtuallly, a lot of people say their baby's first word is "da da" or "ma ma", but the baby doesn't really know that they're saying a word. That's just baby babbling, and it doesn't really mean anything.
Old 12-30-2003, 01:17 PM   #15
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Well, my kids are exceptions.
Old 12-30-2003, 01:27 PM   #16
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Of course Well, if s/he said "Mommy" and looked right at you or addressed you with it, it probably was the first word...but...yeah.

I've been making up stories since I was little. I once told my mom that I'd met a mermaid in the lake and she had given me a magical lifejacket so I wouldn't drown. I was also afraid of my paternal grandmother's hair.
Old 12-30-2003, 07:43 PM   #17
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Have no idea what my first word was, but my older sister's was pöllö, which is owl in finnish.

The thing I'll always remember from my childhood took place when I was 5 or something. Me and my friend disliked a smaller girl very much (I was evil..), so we decided to take a flag that she had on her bike (don't know if u had them, but they were orange-coloured, small flags that were on the luggage carrier on the bike). So we did, and threw the orange part in a bush and took the stick and - scratched a car. I thought it was the little girl's family's car, but it was their neighbour's.. So my friend took the stick and I took a stone and we scratched. A lot. Unfortunately, my friend had just learnt how to write her nickname, so she wrote it on the car. So they caught us.

We weren't so smart, but it has been a strong memory that has connected us for a long time.

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Nerdanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 12:51 PM   #18
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerdanel
Have no idea what my first word was, but my older sister's was pöllö, which is owl in finnish.

The thing I'll always remember from my childhood took place when I was 5 or something. Me and my friend disliked a smaller girl very much (I was evil..), so we decided to take a flag that she had on her bike (don't know if u had them, but they were orange-coloured, small flags that were on the luggage carrier on the bike). So we did, and threw the orange part in a bush and took the stick and - scratched a car. I thought it was the little girl's family's car, but it was their neighbour's.. So my friend took the stick and I took a stone and we scratched. A lot. Unfortunately, my friend had just learnt how to write her nickname, so she wrote it on the car. So they caught us.

We weren't so smart, but it has been a strong memory that has connected us for a long time.
Wow, what a brave kid you were! I would have been to scared to do anything like that, the most I would have done was take the flag off of the car!

FRODO LIVES!
Old 12-31-2003, 05:43 PM   #19
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Yeah, brave.. I'd rather say stupid..

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Nerdanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 08:10 PM   #20
katya
Elven Maiden

My first favourite colour (besides pink) was every-colour-except-brown-and-grey. My kiddie friend got me thinking that.

I don't remember my first word, but I do have a story my mom told me: I got one of those teasets that come with plastic silverware that are all connected. I wasn't strong enough to get them apart. So I told my mom (who was on the phone) to "foke off" or in other words, get the fork off. The person on the other end was a little confused.

My imaginary friend was named "Eek", and she had a sister named Dresasoda. (something in my mind between Minnesota and baking soda and who knows what) My big cousin I hear had an imaginary friend named Jesus.

I don't remember my first encounter with homosexuallity but my aunt does. I must've been really little. There were these two guys who were apperently real flamers, and I asked my aunt why they were doing that. I was really loud, so she was kind of on the spot. She said, "They really like each other, and that's just how they show their affection" or something like that. I said, "Well, my daddy likes his friends, but they don't do that." I don't know. Just a thing I did...

One time I remember dressing up as an angel for Halloween and telling my dad I was going to fly all the way (and I believed it too...).

I broke my leg when I was like 2 1/2. I said it was a bug bite. Dunno where that came from...
katya is offline   Reply With Quote