Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-15-2001, 12:53 AM   #1
bmilder

Entmoot gathering for the movies?

This thread is to gauge interest for a potential Entmoot gathering for the LotR movie in December.

We've been talking about getting together for the movies for months, and it's rapidly approaching. If this thing is really going to happen, we should begin to plan now.

If you would be possibly interested in such an event, post here with your location. The event would most likely be in either New Jersey or Boston.
Old 06-15-2001, 02:14 AM   #2
Darth Tater

Re: Entmoot gathering for the movies?

Ooh, ooh, let's do it! Let's do it!!!

Oh wait, it was my idea
Old 06-15-2001, 02:26 AM   #3
bmilder

How was it your idea? Just like Entmoot was "your idea" ?

(delusions of grandeur )
Old 06-15-2001, 05:20 AM   #4
IronParrot

I have always wanted to get together with you guys for LOTR.

My parents are the major obstacle, but I've told them about this possibility for a year now, so they've been warned well in advance.
Old 06-15-2001, 05:20 AM   #5
anduin

:lol:

If it was anyone's idea it was mine!! Get a grip...both of you!

I live in Louisville, so either place would be fine with me. What I want to know is who can sponser a welcoming party?

Will there be t-shirts? Who is going to be the "offical" photographer? Will we have to have premission slips from our parents? Will there be info for hotels, rental cars, etc. provided? If tickets have to bought in advance, who will get them for us? If we need to camp will anyone be into that?

These are just some of the questions that I think need to be addressed. Does anyone else have any concerns that we should take care of in advance?
Old 06-15-2001, 02:13 PM   #6
GlaurungTheGold

i'm game
Old 06-15-2001, 03:23 PM   #7
Darth Tater

Everything is my idea! Ok, so the get together was anduin's, but I had the idea for a board
Old 06-15-2001, 07:24 PM   #8
gdl96

Maybe Boston would be cool.

My parents would also be a major obstacle. I don't think they'd want to send me on a long train ride to meet with a bunch of "strangers". Or I could just say I'm going to the mall with ben, and I won't be back till the next day. :P

We'll have to get a hotel room, train tickets, movie tickets, and PERMISSION. That could be tough. I say that if we don't hav the plans FINAL by aug/sept, it might not happen.
Old 06-15-2001, 07:54 PM   #9
bmilder

Don't worry Greg, it'll most likely be around here... then you'll just have to walk across the street
Old 06-15-2001, 10:04 PM   #10
anduin

So, is it Jersey then? Tater, could you make it to there? Is there anyone who would prefer a different place? If there was a parental unit along would that make it easier for those who would have to get permission?

I am serious about permission slips. I don't think anyone wants the responsibility of getting some kid to hop on a train and head to Jersey, Boston, or where ever. Also, who ever wants to go and we have some gathering at someone's place, I think we should have some sort of registration so not just anyone would show up. If we kept it simple and just met at a movie theatre of our choosing, then it might not be such a big deal.

More later....I got to run to work.
Old 06-15-2001, 11:20 PM   #11
juntel

Registration?

bah! we'll just all sleepover at ben's...

like a small "Woodstock" in his parent's backyard!

i'll try to do my Joe Cocker/Bob Dylan hybrid imitation/interpretation to make you laugh...
Old 06-15-2001, 11:21 PM   #12
juntel

wow... i was afraid that "Joe Cocker" would have been censored by the ezboard censorizer for some reason...
Old 06-16-2001, 12:28 AM   #13
Darth Tater

LOL, i guess they missed a few things I think NJ would work fine for me, if I'm actually in working condition And I know the Milder's would just love to have a bunch of Tolkien geeks camping in their backyard!
Old 06-16-2001, 01:42 PM   #14
anduin

Cool! Is that true Ben? Man, do you folks know that we are conspiring to have a party at their house? I spoke of a registration because say that there is someone here who is creepy and lurks and sees this an an opportunity to be even more creepy by just showing up and saying, "oh, I visit your board all the time...how else would I have known about this get together?" I don't know if I would want people there that we don't know. Sure we don't really know anyone here, but I think it would be very strange to meet someone that we never have even heard of. It is unlikely that anyone would got to so much trouble, but you never know. I thought that those that are serious about going should have to make some sort of contact with Ben so that they don't just show up unexpected. All those going would have to be on some sort of a list and those underage (17 and under) would have to at least have their parents contact Ben.

Perhaps I am making things too complicated, but I thinking protecting ourselves is important. At the least things should be thought through carefully.
Old 06-16-2001, 02:53 PM   #15
gdl96

Maybe we should do a lot of this through email so that only the people we want to come (no crazy strangers) will see all the information. Ben could also email everyone a little invitation thing to show at the door, so that way if some crazy stranger finds out our plans, he won't have an invitation, so he wouldn't be able to get in.

Possible Itinerary

Day 1

People arrive at bens house in the afternoon. We hang out and do stuff.

Day 2

Go to a mid-afternoon showing of LotR. After movie, go out to dinner.

Day 3

People leave

There's obviously a lot of gaps in there, but that's a good general idea.
Old 06-16-2001, 03:10 PM   #16
Darth Tater

You guys are quite paranoid! Yeesh.
Old 06-16-2001, 07:26 PM   #17
Johnny Lurker

Geez.

Don't worry, people... I'm not going to crash the party.
Old 06-16-2001, 09:13 PM   #18
noldo

Neither am I...
Old 06-17-2001, 12:47 AM   #19
webwizard333

have fun guys at tolkienstock!
Old 06-17-2001, 01:23 AM   #20
IronParrot

I totally agree with permission forms or something, to legitimize this with my parents.

Also, we're not planning to see this opening day, right? Because opening day, I'll probably see the film with my friends here.