Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2002, 06:21 AM   #1
Laurenis
Enting

when was the last time you made a TOTAL fool of yourself??

I was just thinking about this the other day.

It was about two months ago when I was watching this quiz show on tv. It's called 'University Challenge' and colleges and universities all over the country enter and they do all the semis and finals and everything... anyway I was watching it... i don't know why because its boring (hey im a teen) but anyway I noticed that some Cambridge (or maybe it was Oxford i dont remember) University was an ALL MALE TEAM. well anyway being the feminist that I am, I went straight online and emailed them, just generally having a go at them for not having women in the team. i felt very proud until, two weeks later when i went onto their website to see if they'd posted my email and found out that it was an ALL MENS UNIVERSITY. oh dear what I fool i felt. not to mention how my friends had a good long laugh at me for that one. oops.

conclusion:
always check the facts before making assumptions.

anyone else have some really embaressing stories where you've made a total fool of yourself? i could do with a laugh. oh and write a conclusion to warn us all for the future!
'Therefore he willed that the hearts of Men should seek beyond the world and should find no rest therein; but they should have a virtue to shape their life, amid the powers and chances of the world, beyond the Music of the Ainur, which is as fate to all things else; and of their operation everything should be, in form and deed, completed, and the world fulfilled unto the last and smallest.'
Laurenis is offline   Reply With Quote