Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-25-2002, 10:35 AM   #1
RosieCotton
Elven Warrior

Lord of the Rings: Beatles Version

Okay. I was watching the Lord of the Rings pre-show and I got this interesting fact. In the 1970's a different Lord of the Rings movie was going to be made and guess who the stars were: The Beatles! Paul McCartney was going to be Frodo and John Lennon was going to be Gandalf. No, I didn' make this up. It was the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.
~Rosie~
He snatches the moons from out of the sky.
RosieCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 11:32 AM   #2
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

I'm familiar with this as well. The Beatles WERE supposed to be in the 1960s cartoon version of LotR, but George Harrison was to play Gandalf; John Lennon was to play Gollum or someone. Thank the Valar that they did "Yellow Submarine" instead.....
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 11:44 AM   #3
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Arwen Undomiel

He he..sounds funny!

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 06:56 PM   #4
aldesign
Elven Warrior

Mental!!!!!!

i wonder how good LOTR is with LSD?

hmmmm

andy
aldesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 11:08 PM   #5
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

probably safer to wait til the video comes out so one can find out at home.....

probably full temporary mental meltdown with tracers and sound dysfunction by the time the Fellowship hit Caradhras.....
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
Old 03-26-2002, 12:28 AM   #6
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Just think of how they could have stopped Sauron. A wizard, Gollum, and two hobbits singing "All You Need Is Love" while Barad-dûr start toppling down.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...

Last edited by Arathorn : 03-26-2002 at 12:30 AM.
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 10:01 AM   #7
RosieCotton
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Arathorn
Just think of how they could have stopped Sauron. A wizard, Gollum, and two hobbits singing "All You Need Is Love" while Barad-dûr start toppling down.
That's just scary.
Old 03-26-2002, 11:29 AM   #8
barrelrider110
Peer of the realm of Sanguine

Frodo to Gandalf when he wakes up in Rivendell:
"I've Had a Hard Day's Night."

Fear Complacency!
Old 03-26-2002, 11:32 AM   #9
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Gollum caressing the Ring in the beginning:

"He's a real nowhere man
living in his nowhere land
making all his nowhere plans
for nobody"

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 05:50 PM   #10
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
My Little sister would LOVE that. I swear she is such a beatle-a-holic it's not even funny. Here's one: Elanor Rigby playing in the background while Sam tries to wake Frodo up after his incounter with Shelob. YECH.
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 09:01 PM   #11
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Helter Skelter plays when the nazgul appear at minas tirith

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 11:11 PM   #12
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Frodo marching across Mordor with Sam: "I'm So Tired"

Appearance of hordes of goblins in Moria: "Happiness is a warm Gun"

Arwen's Appearance: "Sexy Sadie"

Departure from Lothlorien: "Dear Prudence"

Gandalf's flight from Orthanc: "She's Got a Ticket to Ride"

Gandalf's fall at Khazad-Dum: "Help!"

Appearance of Saruman at Orthanc: "Mean Old Man"

Appearance of Galadriel in Lothlorien: "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds"

Trek thru Moria: "Whatever Gets you Through the Night" [okay, John Lennon solo tune]

Sauron admiring the Ring: "I'm the Greatest" [okay, Ringo Starr solo tune]

Boromir's Fall: "Arrow Through Me" [okay, dagnabit, Paul McCartney solo effort! you guys are good!]

Sauron searches for the Ring: "I Got My Mind Set On You" [okay, okay, George Harrison solo chart, I give up, you folks is too swift for me....]
Old 03-26-2002, 11:35 PM   #13
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

mc cartney solo

the battle at hornberg/ pelenor fields

live and let die

outside moria who that knocking on the door

frodo at the council of elrond hope of deliverance

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Old 03-27-2002, 10:40 AM   #14
RosieCotton
Elven Warrior

Well, the movie would have a good soundtrack....but thats about it.
Rosie
Old 03-27-2002, 01:38 PM   #15
Pailan
Elven Warrior

Frodo and Sam at the foot of Mount Doom: It's All Too Much.

When Gollum and the ring fall into the lava: Helter Skelter

Well these are my contributions, such as they are.

"Who knows, Robin? This strange mixing of minds may be the greatest single sevice ever performed for humanity! Let's go, but, inconspicuosly, through the window. We'll use our Batropes. Our job is finished."

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Pailan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 12:32 AM   #16
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Even better. They go back and make a movie out of The Hobbit. Ringo is Bilbo. Just as he's about to pick up the ring under the Misty Mountains, "Let It Be" starts playing in the caves. Ringo leaves it alone, gets caught by goblins, the rest of the company leaves him and later gets eaten by Smaug. Lord of the Rings never gets "Beatleized". That would be the coolest scenario.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 08:33 AM   #17
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

arwen in the movies

she's got a ticket to ride

rosie cotton to sam ( the reason for so many kids)

i love to turn you on

'Dern Helm"

Old 03-28-2002, 12:03 PM   #18
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

I do believe ringo was supposed to play Gollum......and maybe Pete Best could ahve played Deagol......
Old 03-28-2002, 12:29 PM   #19
Pailan
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by bropous
I do believe ringo was supposed to play Gollum......and maybe Pete Best could ahve played Deagol......
LOL! Very funny, bp!

"Who knows, Robin? This strange mixing of minds may be the greatest single sevice ever performed for humanity! Let's go, but, inconspicuosly, through the window. We'll use our Batropes. Our job is finished."

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Pailan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 12:46 PM   #20
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Ringo Starr as Smeagol and Pete Best enter a transport cafe in Liverpool and grab a table

Ringo: Wewl, Pete, wha' 'ave ye got for me birf'dy?

Pete: I've already giv'n ya the Liverpool kit, Richa'd, more'n I could afford...

Ringo: You've not, mate, you've not giv'n me wha' I deserves.

Pete: I've naugh' else, Richa'd, I swear it! Whatcha gettin' so greedy there for?

Ringo: I want the gig, Pete. The gig wif George an' Paul an' John. I wants it, Pete, give its to us!

Pete (Backing away): Richa'd! You're scaring me! Put down that cricket bat!

Ringo: An' first try for Liverpool Wanderers....an' there's the pitch.....[thwaaack!!!!!] .......Ah, the sound of willow on kull....there's naugh' like it.... where's me drumsticks? I gotta get meself ta practice....