Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-14-2003, 01:09 PM   #1
Turgon_Turambar
Elven Warrior

Nazgul The First Age

This is gonna be like the old story we did before but this time its gonna be based in beleriand. If u wanna join in u can but dont mess up the story. Theres 3 people who are gonna be doing most of it and they already know what the story is about
wait and see if u like wot were doing before joining in ok.
Old 12-14-2003, 06:18 PM   #2
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Welcome to the Entmoot Turgon!

I may have time for playing a small role in your rpg... the one I'm currently in is going at a rather slow pace, and I'll be able to keep up with 2 games now in the hollidays.

Will there be more info on the setting before game starts? Or will all be revealed as we go? ...and what type of characters do you want from other players? Is this up to us? How much power should we put into our characters?

I'll look at it for a few posts and see if I'll be intrigued I know that players joining a game, then just trailing away can be a pain in the butty... so I'll try to have all set afore I join.

- Falathion

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 12-14-2003 at 06:19 PM.
Arat-Falathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 12:43 PM   #3
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

I might be interested in joining, once I know some particulars (mainly what Arat has already said). Since it's the first age I suppose we'll all be elves?

But I'll just hang around a bit and see what comes of it all, and then say if I'm interested
Old 12-15-2003, 03:38 PM   #4
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Yeh, that is one thing... which races are avaliable for playing? Will we be able to play lesser humans?
Old 12-21-2003, 02:35 PM   #5
Turgon_Turambar
Elven Warrior

sorry people i havent answered for a while im having some problems with my password and account. Anyway you can play as elves, men dwarves even orcs or morgoth which i will be playing as (MORGOTH).
Old 12-21-2003, 02:38 PM   #6
Galdor the tall
Hobbit

Strider

i am galdor the tall the king of gondolin high elf of the noldor
Galdor the tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 02:43 PM   #7
Turgon_Turambar
Elven Warrior

Nazgul

i wanna wait until there are some solid players (like galdor) before i start beginning the story. This is really going to be like a turn based war game insted of an in detail character story.
Old 12-21-2003, 03:53 PM   #8
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Hmm... sounds interesting

I'll be Fonen Davator, a human soldier, then... like I said, he'll play a minor role in the game Hmm... too bad a friend of mine has my copy of Silmarillion, I can't place my character on the map of Beleriand by memory (many years since I read that book), any good ideas as to where I could be settled?
Old 12-21-2003, 04:06 PM   #9
Turgon_Turambar
Elven Warrior

Nazgul

Hmmmm as a human soldier you may want to be placed in Hithlum under the control of Filgolfin or you may want to be Lord of Dor-Lomin and be in control of your own army.
As i said this story will be controlled by the leaders of the armies eg. Filgolfin,Morgoth,Feanor,Fingon,Turgon,Galdor,(Fon en if you wish to have your own armie) and the dwarves as there will be ALOT of fighting.
Old 12-21-2003, 04:19 PM   #10
Turgon_Turambar
Elven Warrior

Nazgul Example

Here is an example of how the game will play out.

''Morgoths power was focused now on the pass of sirion. He prepared for a while in the depths of Angband until his plans were fully wrought. So in the dark of night the Gates of Angband opened asunder and there came a vast host of war trolls armed with Black sledge hammers and Battle axes. At their head was Gothmog lord or the Balrog his fires were in a rage about him and the earth withered before him.''

Then someone else COULD write:
''The spies of Fingolfin spotted the terrible host approaching across the plains of Ard-Galen and they rushed back to warn their lord. Time was against Fingolfin as he hurried to prepare his forces and send for help to his allies in the east and south. So he had a force of almost 10,000 in bright mail and white spears to oppose the dread of Gothmog''.............then the battle can go on and Bing Bang Bosh. I only Made this quickly i expect much more detail of your armies and a detailed battle scene. Thank you.
Old 12-21-2003, 05:05 PM   #11
Lord Manafirogh
Elven Warrior

I will be Feanor, son of Finwe and king of the noldor after the death of Finwe of course.
Lord Manafirogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 06:14 PM   #12
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Fonen could be 2nd in command of Fingolfins forces in Hithlum... and it looks like I need to get me a map of Belerian
Old 12-22-2003, 12:13 PM   #13
Turgon_Turambar
Elven Warrior

Nazgul

I dont know if u want to but i was thinking of starting this from the very biginning in Valinor. We can change the story how it suits to us.

By the way im Melkor/Morgoth ENEMY OF THE WORLD im gonna headbutt Thingol in Beleriand i hate him.
Old 12-22-2003, 01:15 PM   #14
Galdor the tall
Hobbit

fingolfin

galdor the tall king of the elfs no longer exists. But there is Fingolfin half brother of Feanor who i am going to be. My men have just spotted many fell creatures coming from the East, they bring with them a dark cloud heading towards the great sea's of ulmo.What these creatures are i do not know but they seem to be the creation of Morgoth the black. Me and my and my people and some remnants of the house of Finarfin prepare for u open war. What Feanor decides i do not know as there has been many problems between my house and his.Him and his son's are in a fearce mood and will allow no council worst are caranthir and curufin who are creating a lot of tension. But i am marching to war with 40,000 strong plus 10,000 of the house of Finarfin those who came and left there lord to claim back what belongs to the Noldor.Feanor (Nertill) put in more detail in. We march with great tall spears shining like the toweres of Valinor. May the valar be on ourside
Old 12-22-2003, 01:19 PM   #15
Galdor the tall
Hobbit

fg

fhfghfghdgfj
Old 12-22-2003, 01:40 PM   #16
Turgon_Turambar
Elven Warrior

Nazgul

Skinny you posted your stuff in the wrong place. U was ment to write all that in my thread THE FIRST AGE you plonka!!!
Old 12-22-2003, 01:51 PM   #17
Turgon_Turambar
Elven Warrior

Nazgul The Beginning

Melkor, from the first days of the Valar was different. He wished to be king and ruler of the Valar and for a time the lands of Valinor were controlled by him. Even Manwe his Brethren could not oppose his might. But this was not to be. His arrogance and Tyranny led his powers astray and he turned to the darkness. This was when Tulkas the Strong was able to expel Melkor from their Blessed realm and sent him fleeing to Middle-Earth.

For many ages under the stars Melkor wrought his evil kingdom on the lands of middle-earth where the elves had not yet awoken.
To him he gathered evil maiar spirits who erupted in flame and were known as Balrogs. His kingdom of Utumno was an almighty fortress in Northern Middle earth was was filled with Monsters and terrible creatures. He twisted the lands about his kingdom and a foul darkness spread across the new world.

This the valar could not accept as the elves awakening was soon coming and they could not allow them to wake up to a twisted and evil world where Melkor was their lord. So they came to Middle-Earth and broke Utumno and sent Melkors servants into the deep places of the world. Melkor was taken back to Valinor in chains as a prisoner.
Old 12-22-2003, 02:28 PM   #18
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Hmmm... I am realizing that this rpg is totaly changing what Tolkien wrote... something I am pretty much against, by principle... hmm... with this realization I must admit the doubt of my interest.

I hope you all understand. I would love to roleplay in the 1st age, but making a game at this scale will change very much of what Tolkien wrote, thus it is not a game for me... I'm really sorry for this, but I must stand by my principles.

- Falathion
Old 12-22-2003, 03:42 PM   #19
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I've merged the Fingolfin thread with this one, since it was meant to be posted here.
Old 12-22-2003, 03:51 PM   #20
Turgon_Turambar
Elven Warrior

Nazgul

Thanks Earniel. And Arat its totally acceptable if you dont want to participate. i understand....