Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-02-2003, 12:07 AM   #1
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Discovery Thread!

I realized today, among all the other things I realized, that I realize a lot of new things in a day. (That's an interesting sentence...) Anyhow. I'm starting this thread in the spirit of the Happy Thread and the Venting Thread--but for those weird things you discover everyday.
I suppose it could also include those "isn't life weird" stories...since I end up with lots of those too.
I'll start. Join in....

Today is the first of October (for those who don't notice things like that...) and I hadn't bought by Oct. bus pass this morning, so I scrambled to find two quarters for my fare--which I promptly left on the bathroom counter. Why I didn't put them in my pocket, I don't know...but I didn't discover I had no money until I was at the bus stop. I also didn't have my September pass, so I couldn't use that and pretend I'd forgot it was a new month (which I've done before... ). We've just got a new driver, so she doesn't know me as well as the other one, and I wasn't sure she'd let me on...so the bus pulls up and I get on, prepared to explain, and stuck on the top of the farebox is a sign that reads, "FAREBOX BROKEN. FREE RIDE. "
I mean really. Of all the days... It made me very happy...

Tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 07:18 AM   #2
Evenstar1400
Elven Warrior

you know, a month or two ago i figured out that that the 1st letter in the disney logo is a d, and not a backwards g. it changed my life forever!!
Old 10-02-2003, 09:01 AM   #3
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Evenstar1400
you know, a month or two ago i figured out that that the 1st letter in the disney logo is a d, and not a backwards g. it changed my life forever!!
I know it's a 'D', but to me it looks very much like a 'G'. 'Gisney' wouldn't make sense

About a week ago I found a pass for the Métro in Paris in my wallet. It had been there since April and I didn't discover it until recently.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 04:57 PM   #4
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan
I know it's a 'D', but to me it looks very much like a 'G'. 'Gisney' wouldn't make sense
It's supposed to be Disney's signature - but supposedly he only ever signed his name like that once. I can't believe you guys thought it was a G or even think it looks like a G.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 05:03 PM   #5
Elf Girl
Lurker

I think it looks like a backwards g.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 05:09 PM   #6
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
It's supposed to be Disney's signature - but supposedly he only ever signed his name like that once. I can't believe you guys thought it was a G or even think it looks like a G.

Now that 'D' is a mirror image of a perfect 'G'
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 06:48 PM   #7
Elf Girl
Lurker

Well I thing it looks like a g.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg disneyg.jpg (2.4 KB, 47 views)
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 07:15 PM   #8
Evenstar1400
Elven Warrior

you see!! im not the only one who thought it was a backwards g!!
Old 10-03-2003, 01:19 AM   #9
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Re: Discovery Thread!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanoliel
I realized today, among all the other things I realized, that I realize a lot of new things in a day. (That's an interesting sentence...) Anyhow. I'm starting this thread in the spirit of the Happy Thread and the Venting Thread--but for those weird things you discover everyday.
I suppose it could also include those "isn't life weird" stories...since I end up with lots of those too.
I'll start. Join in....

Today is the first of October (for those who don't notice things like that...) and I hadn't bought by Oct. bus pass this morning, so I scrambled to find two quarters for my fare--which I promptly left on the bathroom counter. Why I didn't put them in my pocket, I don't know...but I didn't discover I had no money until I was at the bus stop. I also didn't have my September pass, so I couldn't use that and pretend I'd forgot it was a new month (which I've done before... ). We've just got a new driver, so she doesn't know me as well as the other one, and I wasn't sure she'd let me on...so the bus pulls up and I get on, prepared to explain, and stuck on the top of the farebox is a sign that reads, "FAREBOX BROKEN. FREE RIDE. "
I mean really. Of all the days... It made me very happy...

Tano

lol that's awesome Tano. Sometimes the stars are aligned perfectly when you are in need the most
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 01:35 AM   #10
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Yeah...it was pretty cool. Definetely reaffirmed my faith in the strangeness of life.

I also discovered that menstrual blood smells disturbingly of fish. It's weird. (I hope I don't scare you too much...but it's true.)

T

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 10-03-2003, 02:31 AM   #11
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

You *just* discovered that? That, my dear girl, is why I use tampons and not those icky sanitary pads. *watches all the guys vacate the thread* Lol. Speaking of cool discoveries, I found that they produce panty liners for g-strings. Wee!
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 06:03 AM   #12
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanoliel
I also discovered that menstrual blood smells disturbingly of fish. It's weird. (I hope I don't scare you too much...but it's true.)
Heh heh. There's only two things that smell like Grimsby, and one of them's Grimsby. It's not a bad smell, though.

My (re)discovery today is that I'm an idiot. I just got 1,000 fliers printed up for our company and I've unconsciously designed them for left-handed people! They all open up the opposite way you'd expect. D'OH!
The Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 12:35 PM   #13
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheeana
You *just* discovered that? That, my dear girl, is why I use tampons and not those icky sanitary pads. *watches all the guys vacate the thread* Lol. Speaking of cool discoveries, I found that they produce panty liners for g-strings. Wee!
must come in an awfuly small box.

and this all reminds me of a joke about adam and eve and eve gets her period and adam has no idea whats going on so he tells her to wipe herself off with some big leaves and throw the leaves in the river. well this goes on for months and months. and she keeps doing the same thing. well finally adam goes and asks god whats up with this. and god explains oh dont worry its perfectly normal eve is fine. what have you been doing about it? so adam tells god that hes been telling her to wipe herself off and throw it in the river and god flips out and tells him not to do that any more cause he'll never get the smell out of the fish now...

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 01:46 PM   #14
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

i always thought it was a G until i read this thread.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 06:23 PM   #15
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Eh? What g?

I didn't just discover it...I just remembered it.

I discovered today that a certain pen I have is very good for drawing fake tattoos on my skin.

Tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 10-03-2003, 08:54 PM   #16
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

I have recently discovered that the little black dress really does make just about anyone look sexy.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 10:29 PM   #17
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

*prays that this thread doesn't get more weird*
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 10:31 PM   #18
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

I recently discovered that you should always ddo lunges and butterflies before blading anywhere.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:14 PM   #19
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Rána Eressëa
I have recently discovered that the little black dress really does make just about anyone look sexy.
then theres hope for me yet!

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
*prays that this thread doesn't get more weird*
oops too late

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 11:34 PM   #20
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

i just discovered today that i still have a quote from that 70's show in my sig. Crazy

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote