Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-13-2000, 10:10 PM   #1
Michael Martinez

Elemental Films announces "Elessar" project

After many months of leaving us to wonder if it would happen or not, today Elemental Films sent out an announcement to various Web sites about their upcoming movie. The working title we've been going by is "Elessar" and the story concerns the young Aragorn soon after he meets Arwen. There should not be any overlap in the story with Peter Jackson's "The Lord of the Rings" movies.

Elemental Films will also be unveiling their new Web site this Friday, www.ancanar.com/ and an Internet trailer people will be able to download.

All I can say is I think this is pretty exciting news! It's not often that two films are made about related subject matter at the same time, but usually when that happens one clobbers the other. I don't think that will be the case this time around, because "Elessar" will complement "The Lord of the Rings" rather than compete with it directly.
Old 06-13-2000, 10:14 PM   #2
bmilder

Re: Elemental Films announces "Elessar" project

So is this to be a full-length feature film released in movie theaters? And how did they get the rights??
Old 06-13-2000, 11:48 PM   #3
Michael Martinez

BIG MISTAKE

I misinterpreted the announcement. This movie is called "Ancanar" and is NOT, I repeat, NOT, the Tolkien project they originally discussed with online fans a few months ago.

The confusion is all mine. "Ancanar" will be a fantasy movie, but it's not the Aragorn and Arwen story.

Sorry about that, folks.
Old 06-14-2000, 02:17 AM   #4
IronParrot

Oopsies.

I'd actually heard about some rumoured "Elessar" project for a while now... I suppose your mistake was the same mistake everybody else made, then?
Old 06-14-2000, 03:53 PM   #5
Darth Tater

Oh well, maybe it's for the better. Two different actors playing Aragorn would be kinda weird.
Old 06-14-2000, 10:40 PM   #6
IronParrot

Uh oh, Dark Horizons published your original, mistaken report... "oops"...
Old 06-16-2000, 12:32 AM   #7
Michael Martinez

Actually, unless they have edited the report based on my retraction, what they posted on the Web site is correct. "Elessar" is on hold.

I'm just surpised they used my net radio page as a link.

Hope there are a lot of Rock and Country fans who read Dark Horizons.