Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 05:05 PM   #1821
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

Ooooh....i get it. they should got to full-bloom.net, it's got message boards there for olri fans.
Old 12-22-2002, 05:43 PM   #1822
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Winter Solstice yesterday

Hangover from Hades today

Beatallica
Old 12-22-2002, 07:15 PM   #1823
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Quote:
Originally posted by TinuvielChild
You know what else I hate? The influx of newbies just because of a movie. Especially when 3/4 of said newbies don't last more than three months, or appear to be able to type/use the English language properly. Also all the Lij/Orli/Viggo fans...grrrrrr.
Gah! Don't remind me! I'm hoping that they won't show up. *gurgle*
*choke*
*gwork*

I also HATE THE 90 SECOND RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Old 12-23-2002, 12:35 AM   #1824
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
who doesn't?
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 12-23-2002, 12:44 AM   #1825
Duddun
I Antha

Bmilder??

I have to move out of MY room, because the relatives get to use it! Urgh... I have to sleep on the hardwood floor with a sleeping bag thats all!
I'm Not Evil!
If the critics say it's good, is it really That good?
It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's a balloon!
Duddun, Son of Bubbun
Old 12-23-2002, 03:56 AM   #1826
WiseWizard
Elven Warrior

Location: the darkest region of Mirkwood (and trust me, it's really dark)
Well, from the latest reports my step-grandad is now in a nursing home which he really hates but must stay in becuase he now has a case of dementia and other physical problems which can only be taken care of by a nurse attending on him full time. Few things I learned today. One, dementia has no cure. Two, for the past few days his condition had been improving dramatically from the wreck he had been in the ER a week or two before. So today he decided he felt so well that he ordered two taxis and was going to check out of the facility. Only thing is, he didn't realize that once you check out, you can't get back in. The attendents thankfully saw wha he was trying to do, stopped him, called my stepdad and other relatives in, and pretty much had to tell him he couldn't leave.
I'm glad he has been able to live so long with fairly good health until now, but after slowly degenerating over a year or two after a heart attack, I wonder if his time has come. And the fact that I even think of that saddens me and angers me.
------------------------------------------------
"It's been a while since I've been 130." -Aaron Reichgott
You know, the world's full of apathy...but I don't care.
"I would've honked, but I might have hit you." -Janaki
"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have gone to college that year." -Lewis Black
"I have one speed which varies according to my mood." -Kristy Pihl
"When I get a fever, I can hear my mom's voice in my head. But she's alive, not dead, so it's not as exciting." -Anna Crandall
"It doesn't matter what your body type is, as long as you're bloodthirsty." -Rachel Carlson
-------------------------------------------------
"My mind is a whirling miasma." -Jeff E.
"I think earth is the Alabama of the universe and we don't even know it."
"You can't just apologize the laziness of my bunnies away." -Taylor S.B.
I'm a sadistic massochist. I'm always happy.
Old 12-25-2002, 11:39 PM   #1827
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Two words:

Ignorant newbies

'Nuff said.

Especially the ones who are only showing up because TTT just came out. *shudder*

(Yeah, yeah, I was a newbie once, and I was ignorant once too, and I apologize to those of you that were here then and put up with me, and showed me the error of my ways. But honestly!)

Okay, sorry if I offend anyone, but this is the Venting Thread, and nobody is to take anything vented about in here personally!

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 12-25-2002, 11:43 PM   #1828
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Also, people who overuse exclamation marks. I may be hyper, but if I am ever that perky, please, somebody, shoot me.

[edit]And that bloody 90-second rule!!!!!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 12-26-2002, 12:45 AM   #1829
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Vent:

My brother. The git. Hmph.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 12-26-2002, 02:09 AM   #1830
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by TinuvielChild
[edit]And that bloody 90-second rule!!!!!
*BANG*

Not really a dramatic vent: Why is it that a kid gets a new bike for Xmas then they manage to get a puncture on the first day? .........it's 6am and I've already had a friend on the phone asking if I can fix her bairns bike this morning (poor wee so an' so is distraught because she woke up, went to admire her new bike and discovered the flat tyre )

Guess I know what my morning is going to taken up with now

*searches the tool-shed for a puncture repair kit*

Beatallica

Last edited by Coney : 12-26-2002 at 02:24 AM.
Old 12-27-2002, 12:29 AM   #1831
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Too much to vent...

Eaten too much chocolate... upset tummy... And I've only got the horrible strawberry flavoured ones left. Blech. Bored out of my skull; not in the mood for reading, nothing happening on the 'moot, nothing on tv... *sigh* AND, the stupid car alarm keeps going off outside -- I swear I'm gonna egg it if it goes off again! And finally, stupid illiterate movie fan people flooding the moot with stupid illiterate posts! Argh! And what's with the overusage of exclamation points?! And WHY oh WHY are all the books I want $25.99??? when my voucher is for $25??? I mean, who's gonna look like a daft dick, when she tries to pay .99c on her eftpos card?! Ah, there it is... right on cue: stupid car alarm!! *Where's the eggs?*
Old 12-27-2002, 01:02 AM   #1832
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Is there some way to have posts so there is one exclamation point after a word? Vent: Stupid store didn't have The Silmarillion, so now I have to go early tomorrow morning to a big shopping centre to hunt for it. BoP's right, there is nothing going on here, we need some more posts in the book forum, but I can't think of a topic. Maybe I should just search some old threads.
Old 12-27-2002, 01:46 AM   #1833
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

*Declares war on horses everywhere*

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate some of the mares at my barn??
~Libby first crushes me against the gate while picking a fight with Glory, then shoves past me right out of her pasture without a halter.
~Glory (I particularly hate her) drags me half way to the barn and pins me against the wall when we get to her stall.
~Phayra, stupid two-year-old that she is, spooks at EVERYTHING on the way to the barn, then throws a fit once we're in her stall.

Then there's those stupid geldings:
~Footlights rears when I get him out of the pasture. Grr.
~Smudge steps on my foot and drags me into his stall.
~Quest tries to amputate my hand with his grain bucket, so I drop it and the grain is all over the place.
~In an unseemly fit of temper, I kick Quest's bucket at Roper, who then refuses to come near me.

Today was really NOT my day.

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Old 12-27-2002, 02:46 AM   #1834
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Bloody evil slash on my thumb where I was closing my pocket knife....

And I really am getting annoyed with people who put at least one exclamation point after each sentence, even questions! Grrrrrrrr....Reminds me of that girl in Maskerade, in Discworld, the one who was pretty and couldn't sing to save her life, what was her name...Ah yes: Christine. She annoyed everyone except the Ghost. Bugger it all.....

On the good side: Am going to see LotR:TTT again tomorrow, and have warm fuzzy kittycat right here. Well, not here, exactly, more one floor down, but hey. And Cassie Claire posted the VSDs of Aragorn, Part Two, and Theoden (in her LiveJournal, though). All in all, not too bad a day.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 12-27-2002, 07:08 AM   #1835
Vortûriel
Sapling

My rant is people who discourage newbies by assuming they are ignorant an only here because they fancy Orlando Bloom.

I am hoping that not all newbies are considered ignorant and 'only here because of the movies'? I read the Hobbit when I was 9 years old and from the age of 10 until I was about 15 I had several attempts at LOTR until I finally succeded. It has to be said that I only managed the Sil this year (reasons are given in another thread) but I have been a lifelong Tolkien fan.

What I was ignorant of were the amount of Tolkien websites and discussions available, now that I have found out I am very happy to be here and will encourage newbies to develop a healthy obsession with all things Tolkienish whatever their reason for being here.

I also hate pickled beetroot.

Old 12-27-2002, 08:07 AM   #1836
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Hi Vortûriel

That happened last year too. I, and some other folk here, were sometimes mistaken to be ignorant of Tolkien's works because we registered after the first movie came out.

Personally, I've read LOTR and the Sil about 9 yrs ago. What the movie then did was to make me ask myself if there are other people interested in discussing Tolkien-based themes for more than your regular movie time a day.

I hate the fact that I forgot to file for a holiday leave and, thus, I am in the office now. Good thing we have a fast connection and a DVD drive to view the Extended FOTR DVD.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Old 12-27-2002, 04:06 PM   #1837
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Bleedin' tired

(might not seem like a big thing but I hardly ever get really tired, 'specially not at 8pm )

Yeesh, old age must be creeping up on me

Beatallica
Old 12-27-2002, 05:11 PM   #1838
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

Nothing to do, nothing to say, and the faeries are telling me to take a vacation...If this isn't vacation, what is? Maybe I'll go watch a movie...But what? Maybe I could play w/ Petra...dunno...

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Old 12-28-2002, 04:13 AM   #1839
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Wheeeeee...drunk on life. Yeah. Had an adventure tonight...wanna hear?

Good. Okay. Here goes.

Daughter of Elros and I snuck out tonight to try out our purty new elven shoes (made of duct tape)(pattern found here somewhere...search around) in the Boston city streets. Mainly because we had to go to CVS to get more duct tape. We wore our entire elven costumes (dresses and cloaks), as well as the shoes. On the way back, we were accosted by one very drunk young man (I think he was somewhere in his late twenties. Mind, I'm 14, as is DoE.) who apparently wanted to shag the both of us. Erm. Yeah. Apparently he finds elves quite a turn-on. Much adventurousness reigns supreme tonight...and I'm practically incoherent because I did something I shouldn't have, and mixed chai with hot chocolate. Waaaaay too much sugar at waaaay too early an hour.

I think that was a vent...maybe not...oh well..

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 12-28-2002, 05:23 AM   #1840
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

whoosh! can't make eyes focus anymore. . .no more Diablo for me. . .

. . .which is too bad because i was actually getting somewhere.

i hate not being able to find people when i want to find them. er. yeah.

i hate not having a job, but i dread the prospect of looking for one. can't go to england this summer without money and money means job but i don't want to look for one and who wants to work anyway, eh?

anti-vent: i'm finally going to get my driver's liscense! i took the written test today and the lady said i was probably the first one to pass that day. yeesh. but vent: i have to take the driving test on tuesday and i'm reeeeeaally nervous--not that failing is the end of the world but still who wants to fail?

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Closed Thread