FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 04:52 PM   #1
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

Location: In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby
Quote:
Originally posted by samwiselvr2008
I'm sorry! In a while they will forget though! Do you go to a private school?
No. i go to an all girls school. You had to take an entrance exam,but it isnt that hard.

Why dont sheep shrink in the rain??
Old 12-14-2002, 06:03 PM   #2
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Hanza
No. i go to an all girls school. You had to take an entrance exam,but it isnt that hard.
Oh, what is it like? I mean, did you ever go to a regular school?

Vent: I am SO low on money! I owe my mom $17, I could paye it off, but I need that money for Wendsday. True, the ticket was only $7.50, (my friend pre- orderd it, and I have to paye her back on Wendsday) but I'v been looking forward to TTT since January 10th! I know that that dose not sound like ver long to hyou, but I haven't been this ubsest over a movie/ book/ story/ history ever before! And to wate 11 months, is torcher for me!

My mommy just left to go out on a date, this is the first one since my parents got divorced 8 years ago! I don't want my mom to start dating, and to have less time with us, but I want her to be happy, and she was really excited about it! I need some adult advise, but I don't want to talk to anyone that I personly know, so I was wondering if anyone here could give me some good advise!? If I told her that I didn't want her to, then she wouldn't date, but I don't want to do that if it is going to make her not be as happy as she could be! What should I do?

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
Old 12-14-2002, 06:47 PM   #3
Dunadan
The Quite Querulous Quendi

Quote:
Originally posted by samwiselvr2008
My mommy just left to go out on a date, this is the first one since my parents got divorced 8 years ago! I don't want my mom to start dating, and to have less time with us, but I want her to be happy, and she was really excited about it! I need some adult advise, but I don't want to talk to anyone that I personly know, so I was wondering if anyone here could give me some good advise!? If I told her that I didn't want her to, then she wouldn't date, but I don't want to do that if it is going to make her not be as happy as she could be! What should I do?
Difficult thing to give advice on, but it sounds like you're doing the right thing. It seems like she's been putting her kids first for the past 8 years; she's not going to suddenly stop that and run off with some new bloke after all this time. If it makes her happier, in the long run it'll be good for all of you. I can understand it must be pretty scary, though.

cheers

d.
Old 12-15-2002, 02:47 PM   #4
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! !!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thnx. Needed that. Was baby-sitting no less then 5 disgusting little twerps. Laurelyn was over here helping. Was hell.

(Laurelyn) is currently too lazy to log in. Love venting thread. Nice, kind venting thread. Excuse me -- *aaaah!!*

('lenka) Aah, sweet venting thread. Here I can yell out my frustration...gtg, the men in the white coats are after me...

(Laurelyn) loves little kids. Hmm . . . (coughing is heard. In coughs are words sounding suspiciously like "not".) Other than that . . . 'lenka's poor cat got tortured bigtime. I wanted to destroy the kids' eardrums by the end. One well- timed screech . . . too bad the adults were downstairs lisening. *sigh* But there is a monster in that hallway! Honestly!

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Old 12-15-2002, 03:22 PM   #5
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Hanza
So do I and so did I!!!!!!!!!!!

It's sometimes annoying not having boys but you can meet them after school!
Old 12-15-2002, 06:00 PM   #6
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Not much to vent on today! (Venting is fun, but I'm geuss that it is better to be happy! Then I can go to the happy thread!) I have alot of homework to do, and I don't understand any of the math part. I'm taking pre- algebra, and I don't understand how to find what x (or the another letter) is when you have dubble negative sentices... this is an exsample: j3+9=j7-56, if you understand this and can explain it to me, then please email me as soon as possible at Samwiselover2008@aol.com

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
Old 12-16-2002, 02:18 PM   #7
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

j3 + 9 = j7 - 56
-j3 -j3

9 = j4 - 56
+ 56 + 56

65 = j4
divide by 4 (both sides)

65/4 = j

Whatever you do to one side, you do to the other. Does that help? Hope so.

AUGHHHHHHHHHHH! Just finished test---one long essay on Totalitarianism. Augh! I think I died somewhere in there....if any of you spot my life floating around, can you send it back to me express? Same goes for my brain. Thanks.

-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 12-16-2002, 02:21 PM   #8
Nibs
Head Hollara

Ha! You'll be venting about calculus, if you ever chance to take it... I don't know how I ever passed that AP test...

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Old 12-16-2002, 03:21 PM   #9
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
Uhhh.....I HATE ALGEBRA!!!!

Its annoying!!! At the moment we have a trainnee teacher and you can't understand a word he say's!!!!

Its like:
Quote:
You add y,know 4 to y'know 6 then y'know take y'know the total from y'know 10 then divide y'know the answer by y'know x.
etc etc etc
He repeats it over and over again and it gives you a splitting headache! You just want to scream:

YEAH, WE KNOW!!! SHUT TH F**K UP!

O.K I know its mean but we have him for a double period and you just feel so ill and you just don't lean anything because you can't understand him! He gives you a detention if you take the mick out of his accent!
Old 12-16-2002, 04:21 PM   #10
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Argh . . . what good's the @#$%^&*! ibufprofen if I can't @#$%^&*! find it when it might be useful?!!!
Usually, I like being a girl. Now is not usually. Cramps = @#$%^&*!

Oh, and it's exam week. Fun!!!! NOT. Must remember to give my parents heap mucho grief for saying I'm not allowed to go see TTT on Wednesday. Must wait til friggin' THURSDAY. Because of an EXAM that I don't have to even STUDY for. QUERF!

Err. Bad mood. In case you didn't guess.

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Old 12-16-2002, 06:24 PM   #11
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Grrrr..... am so jealous, my friend has tickets to see TTT on the 17th december. Because I don't have anyone to go with and because of two presentations on both thursday and friday I'll be happy if I can see it saterday evening which of course will mean overfull cinemahalls because plenty of people can only see it then which means I'll have to pretend I'm deaf for 2 to 3 days so I don't hear too many spoilers.
Old 12-16-2002, 08:25 PM   #12
TinuvielChild
Padawan

3 words: Costume. Not. Done.

I'm going on the 17th @ midnight, and I need my costume, and it's not done yet. Fun.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 12-16-2002, 08:34 PM   #13
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
THen just have some of the posse that follow you around help (not including me) they aren't doing anything after school except looking for an excuse to put off their homework anyway.
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 12-16-2002, 11:28 PM   #14
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Oh so true....except for the fact that my mom's the only one who actually understands the language of sewing, and thus she interprets the directions for me. Eh, well.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 12-17-2002, 07:54 AM   #15
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I was Christmas shopping at "The Big Mall" yesterday, and saw a kiosk with lots of dresses and clothes that looked just like Arwen and other middle earth ladies! I was bummed cause I'm too old for such stuff! These dresses were really cool!
Old 12-17-2002, 01:13 PM   #16
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Quote:
Originally posted by TinuvielChild
3 words: Costume. Not. Done.

I'm going on the 17th @ midnight, and I need my costume, and it's not done yet. Fun.
Costumes?? COSTUMES! GAh! I forgot about my costume!

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Old 12-17-2002, 05:28 PM   #17
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Lizra - where do you live? And can you tell me where the mall is? And how much the costumes cost? So my friend can get one?

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 12-17-2002, 07:06 PM   #18
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

5 minutes after midnight on Wednesday AM, or Thursday evening with Laurelyn?

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Old 12-18-2002, 05:04 AM   #19
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Grr! Main vent: I just tried to post a HUGE message about LotR:TTT, which I just saw, and the stupid computer deleted it! So now I have to retype it....

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 12-18-2002, 05:31 AM   #20
Miranda
'Bohemian princess of Covent Garden

Quote:
Originally posted by TinuvielChild
Grr! Main vent: I just tried to post a HUGE message about LotR:TTT, which I just saw, and the stupid computer deleted it! So now I have to retype it....
My school computer is always doing that and its sooo annoying- I can sympathise! Mx