Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-24-2004, 08:40 AM   #161
Beor
founder of the color blue

Thanks for the support, and I dont care if you are sitting at home reading this, my wife is at home too, but that doesnt make it any easier for her, hell, its probably harder, from a mental standpoint.

At any rate, I know i will make it, and i feel bad when I bring my problems to the moot, but who the hell else am I going to vent to (you all listen so well ) (and I do appriciate it too )? I cant to my wife, because I need to keep her strong to keep myself strong, so I can only really tell her I am fine, and i willl be home soon, the guys here, we all vent to eachother all the time, but everyone here is here , so that only goes so far, you know.

Thanks for listening and supporting me, i appricate it so much for real, and thanks for the *hugs* . I will get out of here, just give it some time (some more time )
Old 05-24-2004, 08:45 AM   #162
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Hey! As we used to say in the 60's..."Let it all hang out" No problem!
Old 05-24-2004, 09:13 AM   #163
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Beor, I want you to know that I think about you a lot and wonder how you're doing in Iraq. Sad to hear that the last week has been hell for you, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger eh?
I hope that in a very near future, you will sit down in the couch with your wife and a cold beer in your hand and think about how you survived that hell in Iraq and will probably never have to go through such difficulties again.

Keep your chin up, and try and hang out as much as possible with your friends at the moot
And stay safe, otherwise we'd all get very pissed at you
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:07 AM   #164
Beruthiel's cat
mystical divinity of Unashamed Felinity

Location: New York's beautiful North Coast -- we're all mad here!!!
Hang in there, bud. We're all pulling for you to get home safe and sound. I hope that knowing all your friends on the 'Moot are here and willing to listen and support you makes your time a little easier to bear.

Keep your head down and when you have the time Moot 'til you drop!!!

"Never try to out-stubborn a cat!" -- R. Heinlein

~~~~~~~~~

"But I don't want to be among mad people, " Alice remarked.
"Oh, but you can't help that," said the Cat; "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." ~~ Lewis Carroll

~~~~~~~~~~~

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana...
Beruthiel's cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:49 AM   #165
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Yes Beor - hang in there and keep posting... just anything that's on your mind. Stay sharp too! Don't get sloppy from the fatigue and stress, OK!

I had been thinking to ask if you had lost anyone yet. We sure get the sense that things have picked up over there lately.

Still praying for you with my boys... and will do so all the more in the coming days and weeks.

Heh, btw... a good friend of mine just moved up to the Brainerd-Baxter area... are you from around there or another part of the state? What's it like around there? He's already trying to talk me into going up there and taking a job at his firm.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 12:44 PM   #166
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Beor, I can't say much. I want you to know that I think of you.

You're strong - you've already shown that. We all bring our problems to the moot, so please don't feel bad about bringing yours. Ok?

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Nerdanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 01:42 PM   #167
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Beor
....and all I want is a beer, sex, and not to hear anything explode for a while.
Oh damn. *sadly puts away ACME smoke bombs, corset, and heineken.

Stay Safe Beor! For Gods sake, I don't know what I'd do without your comrades' pants. You WILL steal 'em for me, won't you?
Old 05-24-2004, 02:09 PM   #168
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Just got back to the Moot and was VERY glad to see a post from you, Beor! It's so good to hear from you! Take care and Moot when you can and vent away if it helps! I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of a soldier from your company. Keep alert, and watch out for those Bradleys!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 02:11 PM   #169
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

(ps - so YOU were Rog? How funny! I remember responding to a post from you, and how I loved the FoG and Rog and his company - I never knew it was you! I admired Rog's good taste in literature, tho )

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 02:16 PM   #170
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by RÃ*an
(ps - so YOU were Rog? How funny! I remember responding to a post from you, and how I loved the FoG and Rog and his company - I never knew it was you! I admired Rog's good taste in literature, tho )
Hehehee... a little 'scheme' me and Beor had going.

Though it didn't last long.

*hugs Beor... again*

Hey vent as much as you want. I know we're just a computer screen and a couple of random piccys to you, but we're all here to listen and help if we can.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 02:58 PM   #171
Beor

Quote:
Hey! As we used to say in the 60's..."Let it all hang out" No problem!
will do, hon
Quote:
Keep your chin up, and try and hang out as much as possible with your friends at the moot
And stay safe, otherwise we'd all get very pissed at you
Yes, I would also get mad at me , and thank you for your good words, Jon, I do appriciate them
[quote]Hang in there, bud. We're all pulling for you to get home safe and sound. I hope that knowing all your friends on the 'Moot are here and willing to listen and support you makes your time a little easier to bear.

Keep your head down and when you have the time Moot 'til you drop!!! [/qutoe]
It does make it easier, yall make me smile, thanks again, and i will keep my head down. That is no problem, believe me
Quote:
Yes Beor - hang in there and keep posting... just anything that's on your mind. Stay sharp too! Don't get sloppy from the fatigue and stress, OK!
Heh, btw... a good friend of mine just moved up to the Brainerd-Baxter area... are you from around there or another part of the state? What's it like around there? He's already trying to talk me into going up there and taking a job at his firm.
I will, and I wont get sloppy, just more and more pissed off at the whole situation, man, but I will survive. THank you for the prayers, and i am from southern Minnnesota, but I go to Brainerd all the time, my cousin drag races a Chevy Nova up there in the summer, man, its cool.
Quote:
Beor, I can't say much. I want you to know that I think of you.

You're strong - you've already shown that. We all bring our problems to the moot, so please don't feel bad about bringing yours. Ok?
Hey, dude, its enough, just knowing yall care, it is very calming so to speak. I know, but I signed up, so all my problems are sort of self imposed, in a way. I will still bring them, though! too late!
Quote:
Oh damn. *sadly puts away ACME smoke bombs, corset, and heineken.

Stay Safe Beor! For Gods sake, I don't know what I'd do without your comrades' pants. You WILL steal 'em for me, won't you?
Well, if you keep out the corset, you need to keep the smoke bombs . the heineken is cool though, ship it here, the address is, "Bill, Iraq", should get the stuff here
And I already have, BP, i already have. What do you think I have been doing this whole year? Leaving unsecured pants lying around? But they are not for you *walks off with box of pants, whistling* heheheheheheheheheheh
Quote:
Just got back to the Moot and was VERY glad to see a post from you, Beor! It's so good to hear from you! Take care and Moot when you can and vent away if it helps! I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of a soldier from your company. Keep alert, and watch out for those Bradleys!
It is good to be back, Rian, and yes, i am Rog, and he kicked ass! But now i am Beor again, even if the damned shift key on this computer sucks. I am back, and I intend to stay that way!
Quote:
*hugs Beor... again*

Hey vent as much as you want. I know we're just a computer screen and a couple of random piccys to you, but we're all here to listen and help if we can.
Hey, what can I say, sis, you kick ass!!

I really appriciate all of your concerns and prayers and pants-stealing and appriciation and thanks, really, yall mean alot to me, as you are pretty much my only connection with the outside world, and a virtual family (until the Beor European Tour of 2004 hits, then there will be no one who is safe! )

Anyway, thanks, and I will be around whether you like it or not, or until I get banned Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
Old 05-24-2004, 03:05 PM   #172
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by Beor
Hey, what can I say, sis, you kick ass!!
You kick ass too! Luv ya bro!

I think I'm getting all tearie again.... hang on....

*goes away a minute to get a tissue*

Damn these emotions!

Quote:
I really appriciate all of your concerns and prayers and pants-stealing and appriciation and thanks, really, yall mean alot to me, as you are pretty much my only connection with the outside world, and a virtual family (until the Beor European Tour of 2004 hits, then there will be no one who is safe! )

Anyway, thanks, and I will be around whether you like it or not, or until I get banned Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
Hehehee...

Now get that sand covered ass of yours over to those pm's!
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Old 05-25-2004, 12:55 AM   #173
Beor

Yeah, sorry about those PMs, I really really hate these computers the majority of the time. I got it now, though, just took me about twelve hours.

I am sorry, man, dont mean to keep you hanging, it is out of my control, dude

Love
Old 05-25-2004, 01:28 AM   #174
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Oh Beor, as if a box of pants would be safe from me! And just so you realise the futility of trying to hide pants from me, be sure to read this comic by my good friend PC_Builder from another site I haunt. My notoriety precedes me. (Panel two is especially relevant....'secret pants stash')

Last edited by BeardofPants : 05-25-2004 at 01:30 AM.
BeardofPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 03:25 AM   #175
Beor

I dont give up so easily, BeardofPants, if that is your real (user)name!! You will never get these pants!! I have hidden them, and the only way to get to them is to solve a series of riddles, each more difficult than the one previous!! Good luck, BeardofPants! Bwahahahahahahaha
Old 05-26-2004, 03:44 AM   #176
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Oh look! *points* Behind you! A three-headed monkey! *steals box of pants while Beor looks away* *checks box* Ah, smell that - that my friend, is the smell of one primo box of pants. *happy sigh*
Old 05-26-2004, 08:02 AM   #177
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Ewww! ......which room in the museum are you putting them BoP? The "multi sensory" room? Sniff, sniff...
Old 05-26-2004, 11:25 AM   #178
Beor

Yeah, dude, I dont mind the box stealing, but hey, BeardofPants, that is a box full of pants that have been sweated heavily in for at least a year (most of them for more than a year), I dont know about sniffing them, dude. But, hell, too late now.

Put them in the 'sandy drawers' room. That is what I would do

Guess I need to update those riddles....
Old 05-26-2004, 11:32 AM   #179
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Yeah, your 'What looks like sand? Feels like sand? And tastes like sand?' riddle was getting too old...
Old 05-26-2004, 01:28 PM   #180
Beor

You think so? Has anyone figured it out yet?

Okay, check it out, I have come to realise that due to this extremely slow internet connection that we seem to have here, and the lack of a reliable generator to consistantly supply the place with energy, I will not ever be the spammer that I once was, until I either get the hell out of this country and get onto my own high-speed internet, or until they get a decent server and some good reliable power source. It really pisses me off, because this place is one of the few ways that my morale goes up. Lal and Val, I got your PMs, and Sister Golden Hair, I got your reply, and no problem. I will not be able to reply to them tonight. I tried to, but the computer took so long loading up the reply screen, that I had time to win three games of solitare. Please dont make me recount how many I lost . Anyway, i will reply tomorrow, when hopefully I have more time and the internet goes faster. For some reason, it loads the normal forum replys faster than the private messages.

There is a war going on over here, and people do really stupid stuff to eachother, and some of the worst horrors are seen, yet, all my friends manage to stick together and support eachother, even through the tough times. My company commander had a really tough decision to make, and he had to write a really tough letter, one that I hope I never have to write, and one I wish he never had to. Tough decisions are sometimes made, and the ability to make a decision and follow through with it is what being a leader is (among other things). People need to realise that.

I am sorry that I cannot be around much, but I promise you, it is not my fault, it is these damn computers.

Later to all!!

Beor

Last edited by Beor : 05-26-2004 at 01:38 PM.
Beor is offline   Reply With Quote