Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-08-2006, 03:27 AM   #161
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

" All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes. "

- T.E. Lawrence

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 03:31 AM   #162
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Dali - Dream

Old 01-08-2006, 04:53 AM   #163
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

What a creepy picture! Shivers running down my back!! I hate what he did to the elephant...

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Serenoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 09:04 AM   #164
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

I LOVE that Lawrence quote, Lotesse!

Yesterday my dream was very life-like... There was my best friend with me, and she was in that I-hate-everyone-don't-you-talk-to-me mood of hers...
Old 01-08-2006, 09:07 AM   #165
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

Paul Klee - Dream City

Old 01-08-2006, 12:06 PM   #166
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

This is me all over.

------------------------------
Lawrence: My manner, sir: it looks insubordinate, but it isn't really.
General Allenby: You know, I can't make out whether you're bloody bad-mannered or just half-witted.
Lawrence: I have the same problem, sir.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:57 PM   #167
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

" You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not? "

- George Bernard Shaw

Old 01-10-2006, 08:42 PM   #168
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I had a flying dream last night! It was amazing; I just LOVE flying dreams. I had invisible giant feathered "angel" kind of wings, but I was also using my arms to help me fly. I flew all around this beautiful dreamscape strange planet. So cool.

Old 01-11-2006, 12:34 PM   #169
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

Hook: arr I'll get you pan

Lotesse: what?

Hook: you're flying and stuff you...dang it you have wings you must not be pan...

Robin Williams: of course she isn't, you idiot I am, and...wait you're supposed to be dead...

Lotesse: I must be dreaming.

edit: I had to finish this, when I was writing it the first time a library PC conked out on me.
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.

Last edited by rohirrim TR : 01-12-2006 at 12:24 PM.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 06:12 AM   #170
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

I had the weirdest dream last night, where my father was telling me of how Rian was the inventor of some fantastic internet mall (or something like that), and then she became fabolously rich with it. I even had a vision of a young Rian with dark short curly hair, dressed up like they used to in the 1950s, inventing the stuff!!

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Serenoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 12:55 AM   #171
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

I had a series of flying dreams once, when I was about eight, and never again since then I think. In the last one, there was a party at my house and I was trying to shouw some people how to fly--I'd done it before--but it was so hard to get off of the ground this time it wasn't even fun. Eventually I moved about ten feet through the air, very slowly, and when I landed no one believed me, though they had obviously just seen me do it. It was so frustrating.

Come to think of it, I have a lot of recurring dreams. Is that true for anybody else here?

That's sorta not a good thing.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:39 AM   #172
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

Ah, nice pictures Lotesse! I love that Dali painting.

It's a while since I remember any of my dreams. And I have the feeling I always dream some boring stuff, that don't make sense at all! Most dream don't make sense, but I feel I dream about the wrong kind of nonsense.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:50 AM   #173
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

Heh, tonight, just before waking up, I had a dream of being chased. I think that type of dream is very common... but this, this was really weird. I was being chased around the university buildings, in and out, and up, up the stairs, by thousands of monkeys. Now what on earth can that mean?
Old 01-13-2006, 02:55 AM   #174
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Ciao, you guys! EVERYtrhing we dream about is the right kind of nonsense; EVERYthing our brains play with at night is right. There is no "wrong" or "abnormal" dream - that's part of the beauty of dreams. You can't go wrong. All dreams are what they're supposed to be.

But check it out - they all try to tell you something, too; the subconscious tries to inform the conscious of ways to resolve issues, using imagery and symbols as prompters. Last night, I had one of the most disturbing and telling dreams I've had in a very long time. It could have been a nightmare, if I had been terrified, but although I was repulsed and soberly disgusted, for some reason I didn't wake up screaming like I often do with these kinda dreams. It was - I was on this weird forced-labour work crew, and the leader of the crew was taking us down to the dark, expansive dirt-floored basement of this giant mansion. I recall this crew leader's face; he was reminiscent of this one Hollywood Mobb (a gang) member who used to relish telling us girls horror stories, back in the day. Anyway, in my dream, here he is, pasty, demonic looking soulless face and all, and he was - brace yourself - burying babies in the dirt of the basement of this mansion. Not only that, but he was forcing me and my crew-mate, another young woman, to help him bury these babies. One of the babies was alive, and he wanted to bury this newborn baby alive, in the dirt, and I was trying to save the baby... Whoo! heavy, heavy stuff. But it represented me thinking I was being forced to bury my dreams, my ambitions. The babies represented what dreams and hopes I had...

Stuff like that.

Old 01-13-2006, 03:16 AM   #175
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

*shudders* Heavy and dark, but really a telling dream...

Mine might have something to do with exams. I mean, monkeys hunting me throughout the uni... Might have been the result of my feelings - most of the time I feel good there, but now I'm becoming to fed up with exams and other people's stupidity, and my own stupidity...

(but I did escape the monkeys!)
Old 01-13-2006, 01:07 PM   #176
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

I'd get thee to a library and check out a book on dreams.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 01:14 PM   #177
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

littleadnanel, those monkeys must have represented all the "monkeys" you might deal with in real daily life, and yeah, it makes sense if you feel lately like you've been surrounded by idiots lately. I know THAT feeling.

The dreams I've been having every night lately, I REALLY need to get a few books on dream analysis and try and figure them out more. Lot of self-discovery opportunities within our dreams, if only we can learn how to interpret them. I think Carl Jung was big on dream analysis.

Old 01-13-2006, 03:35 PM   #178
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

dream

yea i've had dreams that i fell in love with a boy in my dreams and he turned out to be a socipath killer and kept chasing after me saying i didn't kill anyone i love you. then my best friend popped up and he killed her and i woke up sweating...
HAS ANYONE EVER DREAMT IN BLACK AND WHITE?

Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer:
Rimmo nin Bruinen dan in Ulaer!

REST IN PEACE GRANDMA, GREAT AUNT, GREAT UNCLE .....they're gunna fly with the angels now so say goodbye..but i can't. You don't really realize the importance of someone until they are gone
Tamuril Sirfalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 04:02 PM   #179
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
I'd get thee to a library and check out a book on dreams.
well, it might be useful to have one of those books at home... one of the serious ones, I mean. really, I suppose I go check the library database right now. and then tomorrow maybe the bookstores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
littleadnanel, those monkeys must have represented all the "monkeys" you might deal with in real daily life, and yeah, it makes sense if you feel lately like you've been surrounded by idiots lately. I know THAT feeling.
yeah, I thought of the same. honestly, in these last couple of days - exams, and then the queues at the teachers' doors to get our marks signed - I have encountered more idiots than during the whole semester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamuril Sirfalas
HAS ANYONE EVER DREAMT IN BLACK AND WHITE?
hmm. I think I have. once, long ago... it had something to do with ponies... and was weird because of the black-and-white. I don't really remember it now... just that it felt somehow uncomfortable. dunno why.

Last edited by littleadanel : 01-13-2006 at 04:14 PM. Reason: typo...
littleadanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 09:48 PM   #180
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

If you're looking for a book, try this one: http://www.practicalpsychologypress..../dreamtoc.html
That was mandatory reading for me in a psychology class I took last year. It's a nice, short, easy read, but explains a lot very understandably. It's written as a guide to understanding your own dreams personally. The only reason I wouldn't reccommend it is if you're looking for some sort of tome that will make you an expert on the dynamics of dreaming; then for you it might be a little superficial. It's just an explanatino in layman's terms.

A lot of students in that class last year said they dream in black and white more often than not, but I don't remember ever dreaming in black and white. My guess is because they strongly associate black and white with certain things; possibly outdatedness, boredom, or the feeling that the Dick Tracy movies give you or something. It could indicate anything to different people. To me it means nothing in particular, so if I were to dream in black and white, that wouldn't give me any particular impression, which dreams are supposed to do.

That is a very wierd dream, Lotesse. But it's so much better when you understand what the most disturbing dreams are actually about. After that, it's actually a good feeling.

Last edited by Bombadillo : 01-14-2006 at 09:49 PM.
Bombadillo is offline   Reply With Quote