Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-07-2002, 05:27 AM   #161
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

In the safe hiding from orc arrows...

Both BĂ*renath and Turion was standing behind the trees, waiting for the horde of orcs that would start screaming fearsly and outnumber them... ...and they waited.
Turion carefully glanced in the direction from which the arrow had come, carefully sticking his head out from behind the trees.
"I can't see anyone, and it is not the habbit of the dark servants to play tactical games like this."
He went over to the tree where the arrow had hit and drew it out.
Coming back to BĂ*renath he said: "Strange. They have left," he quipped as he examined the arrow. Along its shaft in the middle was printed vividly the sign of the White Hand. "Saruman... ..." Turions grip around the arrow strengthened and in seconds it couldn't resist the powers of the man, and it broke.
"We must flee into the forrest!" Turion started to look in every direction, as if there were eyes everywhere. "NOW!"

Turion draged BĂ*renath with him and they ran into the forrest (no, not the Pentagrid Forrest, they are not there yet...)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: They are running in the opposite direction from where your elite orc stands Selwythe...

- Falathion
Old 04-07-2002, 01:34 PM   #162
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

"So be it," Slythre said irritably. "Well then our paths shall part. Until we meet again," she said, nodding toward both of the women and kicking her heels against her horse's sides. Quickly, she turned her steed toward the top of a nearby rise and rode off, following the prints of the orc party backwards toward their source. Mal and Harnauro were only a moment longer before pursuing her.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 01:56 PM   #163
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

Irid followed the trail Tessar's horse had made. Just before the trees, it bent away west (?). In light galop she rode on. In an open space she halted. A little hut in front of her. She dismounted and knocked on the door... She had a feeling she could find Tessar here...
Old 04-08-2002, 12:49 AM   #164
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Malagar looked at Harnauro as the others rode away. The wolfman looked worried, and constantly looked around in many directions.

"The orcs..." said Harnauro, "I worry about not having detected their presence. I worry that there are more of them, nearby..."

"It is not like you to worry so," said Slythre, who then shook her head. "Fear not. We shall deal with any orcs - though this forest does worry me, far more than any fear of orcs..."

Malagar looked at the forest over, and said softly, "That it does, that it does..."
Old 04-08-2002, 10:25 AM   #165
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

The door swung softly open and an old man stood on the other side. "May I help you?" he asked gently.

"I . . ." she said, uncertain as to how to put her odd request.

The old man's expression cleared. "Ah I see!" he said in delight. "Do come in! You must be one of Tessar's friends! Do, do come in . . ." he took her by the arm and drew her inside, closing the door behind her after glancing around briefly outside for any others.
Old 04-08-2002, 10:42 AM   #166
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

*OOC: Right arm? *

IC: Irid stumbled inside, clearly in pain. THe old man had dragged her inside by her wounded arm of which had not been taken care yet. She grabbed it with her healthy arm. Then she turned to the old man. "Before we go further, would you please be so kind to let my wolves in? You locked them out outside..."
Old 04-08-2002, 12:34 PM   #167
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Tessar jumped up when he saw the pained look in Irids face and strode over to her.

"Irid! are you alright?" She looked at him and said "Its my arm, it was hurt in the battle after you rode away" she wished she had not said the last words when she saw the look of shame that came over his face as he turned away and looked at colmade.

"I think perhaps You should open the door and let her wolves in as she requested, she talks to them and is quite attached to them"
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 01:10 PM   #168
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

"Wolves?" Colmade's expression showed distaste, but a moment later he relented. "Well, so long as they behave themselves."

He opened the door and let the wolves in. Shortly after, he turned his head to Irid. "I am terribly sorry about hurting you; in my excitement at having you here I didn't notice your arm was hurt."

He swiftly turned his attention to other matters though. "How many other companions do you have?" he asked eagerly. "And are they skilled in the use of arms?"
Old 04-08-2002, 01:35 PM   #169
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

Irid turned with her eyes. She asked Tessar if he could help her with her arm, and the wolves if they could stay still because the old man clearly didn't like them.

"There is Alfwine, a man of rohan, who was supposed to have come here, but i don't see him. Then there is Kaytrien, half elf (was it?), well trained in arms. Slythre will proceed her hunt for orcs. So will Erenfor. So us four is about all you will get i'm afraid."
Old 04-08-2002, 01:57 PM   #170
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Running in the woods...

They had been running for a while now, Turion and BĂ*renath, and so they slowed their pace and got their breath settled. Both standed still now, trying to detect any sound that could remind of orcs. All they could hear though was the happy song of a bird flying between the treetops.

"I do not think the orcs are following us" Turion said. "We should carry on in normal tempo, we won't get to your brothers hut untill tomorrow though. We'll find a place to hide and sleep before it gets dark."

And so they continued through the forrest and walked among trees, bushes and grass...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Nanye Falathion...
Old 04-09-2002, 04:29 AM   #171
Selwythe
Elven Warrior

Fearn trudged slowly around the clearing, guided by the awry hand of its rider. Alfwine searched the ground in uncertainty, and his eyes were not deceived. He had followed the trail - and he was now alone in the wilderland.

A growing sense of insecurity gnawed at him as he explored the clearing, and found no clues.

"There will be more when they came from"

The thought echoed in his mind as he turned his face toward the trees in the far end of the clearing. A distinct rustling sound was definitely emanating from them, and it chilled him.

*OOC* Perhaps make it that Colmade enchanted the trail so that only those of Tessar's kind could follow

---------------------------

The creature smiled to itself as the two companions slowed down. They were convinced that it had left, yet it had not, following slowly behind. They were in the forest, and it satisified it, for it had been told that the secret, the artifact its master so desired to possess, was secured in the thickest of the veils of the forest, secured to all but the reach of Saruman.

They would lead it to where it could find its way, then they could be disposed of.

Last edited by Selwythe : 04-09-2002 at 07:38 AM.
Selwythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 10:32 AM   #172
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

"The orcs came from this direction, and it is likely more will be where the band came from." Slythre inspected the trail, with Harnauro nodding in agreement at her words.

Malagar glanced at the ground, where the orc prints were surprisingly hard to see - and atop them, more obvious and more recent hoofprints.

"And the boy rode right down this way, as well. With out luck, he'll land in the middle of their camp. Or worse, end up in the forest." Malagar smiled grimly, while the others simply frowned, and moved on.

Slythre finally responded, as the group moved swiftly through the brush. "We should watch out, ourselves, to keep only on the outskirts of the wood. This collection of trees is barely worth calling a forest - but we have already seen the danger of the true Pentagrid."

Harnauro suddenly stopped, raising his hand. The other two fell silent, and almost by instinct faded into the shadows. The three moved as one, quickly tying their horses in place, and then moving ahead to scout - a trio of shadows beneath the trees.

Ahead was a clearing, and within its branchy confines stood Alfwine - whose attention was turned to the other edge of the clearing, which rustled ominously with the sound of approaching beings. Too few to be orcs, thought Mal, but who else would be wandering through these woods?
Old 04-09-2002, 02:17 PM   #173
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

"Hopefully that will be enough to last us for a while," Colmade answered, glancing quickly at those assembled. "But I doubt we will be able to hold off our enemies for very long.

"But I have heard of this Erenfor. He leads a band of fighters against the orcs . . . yes. Perhaps one of you could go and collect him. Kaytrien maybe, as I doubt she could have nearly so many years of experience as you two," he smiled at Irid and Tessar. "With his force, we could hope to destroy the enemy once and for all, but I doubt that I could do it alone. Unless they were stupid enough to venture off the path in the Pentagrid, and that hardly seems likely."
Old 04-10-2002, 10:12 AM   #174
Selwythe
Elven Warrior

Alfwine cursed as he espied the trio of travellers approaching from the corner of his eye. Of course, it dawned upon him, the forest was enchanted and with it perish and bend its trails and paths, and he had rode full circle.

He turned his attention back to the trees and stood still in his poise. Then did he rear Fearn up in a magnificent sight, rider and steed blended in a shape, before charging forward with a tenacious speed such as was the charge of the Rohirrim cavalry. His arm was closed around his shining lance in a tight grip as Fearn gained speed, preparing to leap the low-lying foliage.

"Retreat!" a voice commanded from behind him, but he paid no heed. With a triumphant neigh did Fearn leap high in the air and he nearly fell off his horse in alarm, for under him was not a troop of Orcs, but an Elf and Man, paralysed in fear. He switched aside his lance and pulled hard towards the right on the reins as Fearn swerved, precariously balanced on a single leg. It withstood, but the rider was flung off.

Alfwine rolled to a stop and lifted his head dazedly, and what he saw shocked him. It was a fleeting glance, but he saw a pair of eyes, yellowed, dimmed and ruthless without emotion in the bushes, but they disappeared.

He had seen those eyes before, glimmering of hate and wrath, and telling of villainy. Then did he turn and his face paled, and he trembled in rage.

-----------------------------

The creature cursed as he left by the cover of the forest. His aim had been true, and would have found the Elf if that horse had not barged into the line of fire. A doubt lingered in his mind as to what a foul Rohirrim would be doing in these parts, but he laughed coarsely. A soldier of Rohan was nothing without his steed.

Still, their non-existent deaths did not perturb him. They had led him near enough to the forest, enough for him to complete his mission. He looked around furtively. He was in a precarious situation, and knew well neither an Elf, Man or Sauron Orc could be allowed to see him without living to tell the tale. He was alone in his predicament, but he had the advantage of stealth, and back-up, once he completed his mission, would not be lacking.

Last edited by Selwythe : 04-10-2002 at 10:17 AM.
Selwythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 11:16 AM   #175
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Turion withdrew his sword and placed it safely back in his sleave. "Foolish man of Rohan. Can't you glance the difference between orcs and men? or elevs even?" He walked over to him and helped the man up.

"Someone is following you" the rohirim said glancing into the bushes. "I know" Turion replied. "He has done so all day, I really thought we had lost him for a minute until you came in all your pride." He laughet flatly. "I am Turion, the wayfarer." He glanced over at BĂ*renath. "And this is BĂ*renath, highelf from Valinor, the undying lands." The rohirim glanced over at the elf, and first now BĂ*renath saw this was the rohirim from the Inn. "I believe we have met before" BĂ*renath said with a slaight smile. "Yes we have".
"But tell me, rohirim. What are you doing in these parts? Are you lost?" The rohirim did not seem to notice the question and countered: "What are you doing here?"
They walked over to the horse of Rohan as Turion spoke:
"I used to guard outside of the Shire a few months back. Though Aragorn, our leader, left. He didn't come back, and for a very long time we waited. The counterforce of evil trying to get into the Shire has increesed lately, so I decided to travel out and look for him. I haven't seen him yet though, and haven't heard from him eather..."
OOC: Do not forget that we are not extreemly close to the Pentagrid Forrest now, that is, we can not see it right now... I have my plan covered you see ... or whatever :P

- Falathion, CĂșrion, BĂ*renath

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 04-10-2002 at 11:22 AM.
Arat-Falathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 11:18 AM   #176
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Malagar and the others approached from the trees, looking over the newcomers now talking with the Rider of Rohan.

"Greetings," said Malagar with a bow, "To whom do we have the service of encountring in these forbidding woods?"

He kept his eyes on them. For even the outskirts of a forbidden forest, indeed, there seemed a great deal of activity this day...

Last edited by Mathron : 04-10-2002 at 11:56 AM.
Mathron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 11:20 AM   #177
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

"I am Turion, the wayfarer" Turion answered looking Malagar in the eye. "Ar nanye BĂ*renath" the highelf said with a polite bow.

- Falathion

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 04-10-2002 at 12:08 PM.
Arat-Falathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 09:58 AM   #178
Selwythe
Elven Warrior

*OOC*, Um...the horse is dead and Alfwine is in no mood to communicate.

The tears welled in his eyes as Alfwine beheld the horse lying on its side, a black arrow firmly embedded in its shimmering white coat.

O cursed villain! Scourge of the earth! Alfwine turned towards the trees, his eyes blazed in rage. He knew who was capable of this deed, exposed to its horrors but a few days ago.
Old 04-11-2002, 10:53 AM   #179
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Harnauro drops to the horse's side, looking over the arrow, and then looks at the stricken Alfwine.

Meanwhile, Malagar glances at the elf, and says, "Elen sĂ*la lĂșmenn' omentielvo." He nods his head in a short bow, and then glances back at the other. "I am Malagar D'Orthand, and my companions are Slythre and Harnauro, wanderers of the world - and at the moment, hunters of orcs."

He pauses and surveys the situation. Harnauro is inspecting the arrow, and looking off into the woods. Malagar continues, "You seem to have met some hidden trouble yourselves, with some dark foe. Slythre, any thoughts? I would doubt a single member of the orcs we chase would hunt alone, in the woods, so close to the forbidden forest..."
Old 04-11-2002, 05:31 PM   #180
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

"No," Slythre said, shaking her head, "almost certainly not an orc. Besides, look at the sky. Orcs operate mostly at night; they hate the sun.

"Have any of you gotten a close look at whoever it was that attacked you? And do you have any idea where the main body of the orcs is? It is that that we seek, so that we can tell General Erenfor, our leader, where they are and what their purpose is."