Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-23-2004, 10:27 PM   #161
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Just about everything said was over Evelyn's head. Something about wraiths in the Westlands, something about Kirsinari's son being one of them, and her powers diminished. The only thing Evelyn caught was what Padroot said.

She was speaking sense...things Evelyn could understand. Battle. Prepare. Well, there was that one thing about going to meet with Areanna, but she could deal with that. She watched Calyniel's shocked face as Padroot left. Evelyn stood, "Wait, I'll go." she called after Padroot. She looked around, and stood up straight. "I want to go with you. I can definately be of some help when it comes to battle, and I would love to be of help, if I could. I'm nothing to Areanna, you could use me as a pawn or just plain company for the road." Evelyn grinned a little. She was begining to like Padroot now. She was a straight-talker, and that's how Evelyn liked it.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 11:36 PM   #162
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

"Wait!" called Calyniel, but Evelyn didn't hear her. She turned to face Kirsinari. "Areanna knows about Evelyn. She sent an assassin after her."
She paused for a moment, but once she started she couldn't stop. "And she's looking for Dulin's piece of the Key... and your pieces. Somebody found her another piece of the Key, and she really wants the rest. We can't let her have it!"

OOC: was there anything else?

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."

Last edited by ethuiliel : 12-23-2004 at 11:40 PM.
ethuiliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 12:33 AM   #163
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ic: Dulin stood outside now confused and reminded of the stories passed trhough time about the nine fallen kings. Could that mage really be what she says she is?
Dulin would not doubt it excpet the fact he never met someone as close to his age except his people and Gandalf.
Dulin left the tent and sat on his tree limb again further from the group than last time. And this time he placed Orodrochs dark blanket over him so he would not be as visible as last time.
Dulin fell asleep in a small leaf nest he made (now I can't tell if it was night time or not but I am guessing it is.) on the sturdiest branches. As he fell asleep he thought back on Elebar. The mage had reminded him of his old land and during the first war between Sauron and the elves and men. Very rarely had Dulin met a human before then and he thought of them as quite brave and determined for such fragile creatures. They were very hardy and Dulin enjoyed their company during his stay. He had traveled to Gondor along with a few of his kind to help fight the erupting battle with the elves and humans. It was another attempt to gain peace with the elves of light. Unfortunatly it did not work. Dulin and his group tried to fight with Elrond and his archers but when it was all over they seemed dismal and Elrond was quite mad at Isildure for some reason. Yet they were only partly forgiven and that was at least something.
That was about the time Dulin met Sarumon and he was not sure of his council and ways but respected him for his power and intelligences as far as leadrehsip. Dulin loved Gandalf and so did his sister Elebar who met him later on when GAndalf decided to visit the shadow elves. He performed many tricks and Elebar for once did not seem as sick as she usual looked.
Yet when Gandalf noticed the stone around her neck he suggested that it be removed. It may have been the cause of her sickness. Naturally Elebar had become attached to the stone and did not give it up. Gandlaf told them that it was vital that they keep a close watch on her when she has the stone. He did not specify the reasons though which made Dulin curious.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dulin fell asleep and the last sound he heard was screaming form the camp from an apparent fight over bread or who got to brush the horsesmain...he really couldn't tell. he only cared that he was out of sight form the people he could not yet trust.
Old 12-24-2004, 05:58 PM   #164
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

ooc: Okay, Ethuiliel and I have worked a way to get me back in. Yay! ^^ Let me know if I screw up; it's been a while... -meep-

ic: Belaparthalion was airborne once again, gliding swiftly and silently on the cool currents of the night sky. He travelled far, and soon he was in the territory of the thrice-accursed Fala Naera. Slipping in unnoticed would be difficult, but Belaparthalion was confident in his abilities.

Belaparthalion touched down about a mile outside a city. Dawn threatened to spill over the horizion at any moment, causing the Ompatha'in to hurry to the city of the Fala Naera.

He wondered how he was going to get the Ranareth alone and out of sight. Suddenly, a bold idea came to mind. He paid a child a few copper coins to find Evelyn and tell her an important message was waiting for her outside the city gates, and then departed to wait and see if the Ranareth would take the bait.

ooc: I hope I didn't screw anything up...

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 06:08 PM   #165
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Evelyn had just left Kirsinari's tent, looking for Padroot when a young boy came running up. He looked out of breath and tired, but panted out his message. "Are you Evelyn the Ranareth?" he asked hastily.
Evelyn cocked her head, "Yes." she said uncertainly. She looked the boy over. He looked poor, and like he needed a good meal, but he certainly had some energy in him. He was bouncing about like a toad and waving his arms and looked like if he did not speak soon he would explode.
"I have a message for you!" he gasped.
Evelyn's eyes narrowed for a moment. "And?"
"A very important message awaits you just outside the city." the boy said, bouncing on his heels.

Who would want to speak with her? Was it someone from the Ranareth camp? And if so, why hadn't they come to see her? Who would specifically want to speak with her? This was strange. Too strange. Evelyn noticed something as he bounced. He was jingling.

She decided to go, if she didn't it would gnaw at her insides. If it was someone from home, it might be very important. But she would not og alone. She nodded to the boy and turned back inside Kirsinari's tent and asked Calyniel if she would go with her. maybe Dulin too, he looked like the kind of person who could come in handy if something went wrong.

Old 12-24-2004, 06:22 PM   #166
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

"Don't go!" Calyniel said to Evelyn when she came into the tent. "Don't trust it! I was just telling Kirsinari... Areanna's found out about you and sent someone to kill you. Please don't go... or if you do, take someone with you, as a guard."

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
Old 12-24-2004, 11:33 PM   #167
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Okay I will bring Dulin down from his tree for this...YAY something for Dulin to do.

Ic: Dulin hopped down from his nest in the tree and untied Orodroch from his limb and walked towards the camp. Dulin noticed a thin young boy wearing ragged clothing and was out of breath as he stood waiting next to the large dome like tent.
"Are you okay?" he asked the lad curiously.
The boy looekd at him with amazement then nodded. "I am sir, just getti'n my breath back."
The boy eyed Orodroch curiously and Orodroch only turned his head away not enjoying the stare he was getting. Dulin only petted the llama's neck and offered the boy some bread he had left over. He figured since nobody died last night from eating it then the boy would be safe. The boy grabbed the bread and wolfed it down with relief.
Dulin then noticed the tent flap open and Evelyn and a very uncertain Calyniel emerged.
Old 12-24-2004, 11:56 PM   #168
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Evelyn simply shrugged, though Calyniel seemed extremely stressed. "I seriously doubt Areanna herself would come and pick me up, and I assure you I can deal with whomever is sent. Especially if I have backup." she looked over at Dulin and his llama.

"Besides," she said with a flick of her raven hair and a grin. "I'm just an extremely talented and potentially dangerous Ranareth, while you on the other hand," she said speaking toCalyniel. "Are much more important than I am, so I would be more worried about myself if I were you. I'll simply go see what this bloke wants."

Those were pretty rash words, she thought after she had said them. Maybe she shouldn't go. But what would be gained? At the most there would be some sort of fight, but between her, Calyniel and Dulin, they could break it up. Maybe they should take Talwren too.

Evelyn made sure her blades were strapped securely to her back and checked her other small daggers before pulling herself into the saddle. "So--are you coming?"

Old 12-25-2004, 12:33 AM   #169
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Ic: Dulin looked shocked as Evelyn hoped up on her horse after telling Calyniel how much she could defend herself and take whoever apparently sent her a message.
"Go where?" Dulin asked the Evelyn.
"To meet the one who wishes to give me a message. There is rule that it is never good to go alone to a person or place you don't know." She said and Dulin looked at the lad and guessed that he was the message deliverer.
"Might I ask what kind of person sends a child to deliver a message to one who needs to go to the one who has the message?" Dulin asked.
Everyone, including Orodroch looked at him in confusion.
"Okay so that made absolutly no sense butit quite hard to word that sentence correctly." Dulin said and decided he would go just to see who the messenger was.

ooc: By the way I guess I can ride my llama as long as he doesn't have a burden to carry.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:13 PM   #170
Narinya_Cocachitawa
Enting

her question was to see if she could trust the newcommers. Tavin and Calyniel had all ready known, but she had to see how the others would react. Truth be told, she was much stronger than she'd said, just pretending to be less, as Padroot had said she might need to be for a while.

Then something else about what Padroot said started to gnaw at her. Since when was Areanna brave enough to send her forced directly at the Fala Naera's lands, let alone to her military's strongest base. No, perhaps she meant another kind of battle. After all, war wasn't only physical and mental.

As she pondered this, Kirsinari did not notice that Talwren had left the tent after Padroot.
"Hold it right there!" Tavin stormed after Padroot.

Padroot turned around, a slightly amused and quizical look upon her face.

"You know as well as I do that her power means very little to her except for the use of protecting her people! She told me onece that if she had to give it all up she would, just as long as thoes she was sent to care for were saved. What have you to say to that, woman?"

Come and visit Rathlas.
It's always being updated!
NEW ON RATHLAS: Links to Stargate Atlantis fanfiction posted.
Narinya_Cocachitawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 04:38 PM   #171
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Calyniel shrugged. "I'm coming with you. Just let me get my sword. Oh, they took it." She thought for a minute, went back to the tent and got the dagger she kept in case she couldn't get to her sword. "I'm ready," she looked at Evelyn. "Do you have any idea who'd send you a message?... supposing it's not the assassin I know Areanna sent after you."

Old 12-25-2004, 07:18 PM   #172
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Evelyn pulled her cloak about her, it was getting cold outside. She waited for Calyniel to grab her weapon and watched with amusement as Dulin mounted his llama.

"Assuming it's not Areanna's assassin," she said with a smile as if an assassin was as dangerous as a milk-man. "It could be someone from home. Things were going ill when I left, though Kirsinari sent aid, something could have happened, and that's why I am risking the possibility of a killer after me." She said, giving her horse the go as they sped off for the ouskirts of the city.

Old 12-25-2004, 10:19 PM   #173
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

"I still think you're taking this too lightly," Calyniel said, speeding up her horse to match it's pace with Evelyn's, then smiled slightly, "Not that I am exactly one too talk, considering that I risked my life for news nearly every day." Just then they arrived at the gates, and she turned to Evelyn. "Ready?"

(OOC: I don't post again by 11 AM tomorrow (Central Time) you guys have control of my character until I return. And Gulio, just don't kill her, don't chop any of her limbs off, (but you can hurt her) and don't have her do much besides fight you and defend the other two. If the fights over before I get back (which it probably will be), just leave her unconcious for a while.)

Last edited by ethuiliel : 12-26-2004 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-26-2004, 08:32 PM   #174
Gulio, Strength of Many

ooc: What? No limb-chopping?! You take the fun out of everything!

ic: Belaparthalion waited a short distance from the city gate, wondering if his ruse would succeed. It was not like him to use methods such as these, but he didn't have much of an alternative, considering the Ranareth was in the very heart of the Fala Naera's territory.

A satisfied smile crossed his lips when he saw Evelyn exit the city. However, she was not alone. The Ranareth had wisely brought two capable-looking people with her. One of them, the other female, seemed familiar to Belaparthalion, but he couldn't quite recall where he had seen her before.

"Well met, Ranareth," his deep, raspy voice sliced through the peaceful atmosphere. "My master holds you in high regard. You are a bit of a threat, I'm afraid. And because of this, you must die."

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.

Last edited by Gulio, Strength of Many : 12-27-2004 at 01:26 AM.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:20 AM   #175
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Evelyn peered out into the night, hoping to see another Ranareth, one of her people. But what she saw was not comforting. An Ompatha'in standing there looking terribly evil and intimidating. She nudged her horse forward, because it seemed reluctant to go near this stranger. Evelyn secured her reins on the saddle and her body was tense–ready for a fight. She didn't dare look over at Dulin or Calyniel, but she was sure they understood that this was not going to be good.

"Well met, Ranareth, My holds you in high regard. You are a bit of a threat, I'm afraid. And because of this, you must die."

Evelyn's hands went to either wrist and grasped onto the small daggers hidden beneath her clothes, but she did not draw yet. "You know," she said in a tone that was way too casual for the time. "This is kind of a bad time for me to die. Maybe you can come back later and threaten me, I don't really feel like it right now." Her voice suddenly became icy, a tone that she rarely used and seemed quite unlike herself. "This is your last chance to turn back. Go back to your master now and we will not harm you. If you haven't noticed I have two very valueable companions, one of which is of the great race of the west, and other who could very well decapitate if she liked." Well, that never seemed to work before and it sure didn't now. She kept a firm hold on her daggers and waited for him to make the first move.

Old 12-27-2004, 01:25 AM   #176
Gulio, Strength of Many

"We shall see..." Belaparthalion said with a wicked grin. He drew his red scimitar, the jagged edges glinting in the harsh sunlight. He lunged for the Ranareth's horse, hoping to spook it enough so it would either flee or dislodge its rider. He kept low to the ground, keeping the Ranareth's allies in sight. Every muscle was tense, ready to react at a moment's notice of danger.

Old 12-27-2004, 09:23 AM   #177
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Evelyn felt the horse rear up beneath her and quickly sprang up into the air and unfurled her wings, using them as a parachute to glide back to the ground. She quickly loosed both of her small daggers and unsheathed her long curved blades from her back. "Well guys, looks like we'll have to give this one a peice of our mind." she said to her friends, swinging both blades and waiting for him to attack.

Old 12-27-2004, 09:34 PM   #178
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

IC: Dulin stared at teh dwarf wondering why this "master wanted Evelyn and who he or she was. At that moment the dwarf bounded forward and scared evelyn's horse and Evelyn hoped off using her wings as a means of safe landing. Dulin sat shocked as he stared at the wings that had just unfuraled(sp) from the woman's back.
But he did not stay still for long. He hoped off of a very relieved Orodroch who prefered not to be ridden and drew his bow switfly and aimed at the dwarf. He also wondered why it would take three people to kill one dwarf but also reminded himself how surprising his journey has been so far.
Dulin noticed that Orodroch had also armed himself with a large wad of spit and gurgled it in his mouth threateningly.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:38 PM   #179
Narinya_Cocachitawa
Enting

ooc: O'kay, still waiting on TB and Padroot

Come and visit Rathlas.
It's always being updated!
NEW ON RATHLAS: Links to Stargate Atlantis fanfiction posted.
Narinya_Cocachitawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 01:08 PM   #180
Lostyia Delr-Padroot
Enting

Location: on this little place called earth or is it middle earth
Sam Gamgee

occ: sorry holiday season you know. also, ethuilienl(sp) said shell be gone for a few days with limited acess to a computer.

ic: Padroot staired at the flaming mad fool and asked him in a causual tone, "you must know everything about her. I mean you knew about her son didn't you? oh, wait you didn't. Now don't give me a stupid speech if you don't know what you are talking about. Now look I am a very busy perso...."

Her words were cut off suddenly then she fell to the ground like a force of great strength attacked her. Tawlren just stood there in shock. Padroot woke up, but not in the same place as before. instantly she recongnised where she was: a village, one that had been burned down over two millinia ago. but surprising anough it was lively and propastorous. 'this isn't possible' she started to think before she an old man, then knew exactly why she was here. this was a message, a message from the long decesed. Her old trainer knew it was time.

As quickly as she was out she was back. She stared upwards at Talwrins face and knew that time was limited. She stood up and started an incantation. then Talwrin tried to interrupt and soon met with no voice. she had no time to mess with distractions. She had soon relised that the prophacy was not only talking of Calyniel, but more of Evelyn. and in no time Evelyn, Dulin, Calyniel, the llama, and a stange dwarf was infront of her.
takin by surprise Belaparthalion lunged at the old lady which then she used his momentium to redirect him to the ground, not even braking a sweet(Sp).

She turned to Evelyn and Calyniel and spoke "To cease being hunted you must become the hunter."

She then turned around and spoke to the grounded man "Belaparthalion. Yes, I know your name, i also know why and by who you were sent here by. so don't try to play any games. Now let me tell you the real reason why you are here. You are here to escort me and some of my associates to Areanna. The time is urgent so we must be on our way."

As she turned away she spoke a warning "oh, and if you attempto to kill Evelyn i will turn you into a rabbit and have you for dinner."

Then she went into her hut with out another word.
----------------

Her mind was racing, 'how could this be happening so fast, so sudden? Why did Kethlin leave her with such responsibility?' (kethlin: her teacher that showed up in the 'vision')

She took all the possesions in her hut and put on her person. then went outside and grabbed a blade. she hasn't used one in ages but she still is one of the best fighters around.

(occ: gotta go. someone elses turn )
emokid, i.d. selling -metophysically
she raises her wooden flute to spite pavhowlh.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/612f359b.jpg

visit my site at http://cr8tivmind.proboards44.com/
Lostyia Delr-Padroot is offline   Reply With Quote