Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-20-2004, 08:14 PM   #161
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Working for Voldemort! I must have missed something! The heir must be good, good, good!
Old 08-21-2004, 12:08 AM   #162
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizra
Working for Voldemort! I must have missed something! The heir must be good, good, good!
Ah. I just looked through it again, and it he looked through his memories for stuff about Voldemort. The first time I read it, I thought it said for Voldemort. I don't really know why... I assumed that since that's what I thought it said, he'd be doing it in secret.

I always thought the Heir of Gryffindor would also be good, but I now think it would be so cool if he wasn't. Of course, I used to think the Heir was Harry and now I don't... not that I have a problem if he is good.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 06:06 PM   #163
azalea
Long lost mooter

Yes, I think the Heir is good, kind of the anti-Tom Riddle (heir of Slytherin). We can make him plenty odd and mysterious though, to make it interesting.
I just hadn't come up with a name for him, I was just calling him the Heir of Gryffindor because I think he'll be a descendant of the original Gryffindor.

The mirror can be repaired by (who else? ) Hermione in one of the earlier chapters. And yes, I think it would be great to include it in your chapters, Rad.

All of your ideas are good -- feel free to change/ add as you see fit!
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 09:45 AM   #164
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Wow this looks cool, can I join.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 11:18 AM   #165
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Welcome TD...Read our outline so far an tell us what you think!
Book update:

Chap. 1: At the Dursely's, Harry whines about being stuck there. We find out what Dudley saw during his previous Dementor attack. Harry's dreams of Lord Moldy Shorts are renewed and he is pissed.

Chap. 2: Harry ponders on what Dudley saw and wonders why his life sucks. (JKR said that this book would be the shortest summer at the Dursely's.) Lupin comes to Privet Drive and takes Harry to the Order of the Phoenix headquarters. We find out that Kreacher has left Grimald Place to work for Narcissa Malfoy, since he technically belongs to her. But Kreacher is strictly forbidden to divulge any secrets about the OotP.

Chap. 3: Harry is filled in, and fills in his friends, and maybe they try out some advanced magic they've each learned over the summer. Harry gives the shattered two-way mirror from Sirius to a very curious Hermione. We find out that Harry is the new Gryffindor quidditch captin. Harry's OWLS scores are as follows:

Charms- O
Transfiguration- EE
Herbology- EE
Defense Against the Dark Arts- O+
Potions- scraps an O
Care of Magical Creatures- EE
Divination- P
Astonomy- P
History oMagic - P

(Remember, it's Outstanding (O), Exceeds Expectations (EE), Acceptable (A), Poor (P), Dreadful (D) and Troll (T).)

Some of Harry's classes this year are:

Defense against the Dark Arts
Transfigurations
Charms
Potions

Chap. 4: Harry learns that his parents were both Aurors. Dumbledore comes and apolgizes again for not telling Harry of the prophecy, and he and Harry are buddy buddy once more. We hear that Voldemort has been busy attracting followers and attacking muggle born families. We see Neville and learn that he and his grandmother have been staying at the Order Headquarters, because they are in serious danger from the Deatheaters. Thus, Harry gets a new friend (they were friends before but now they're closer becasue they're in the same boat.)

Chap. 5: They go get their books They visit Fred and George's shop. The shop has been quite successful, and the twins are definitely not returning to Hogwarts. Enter the new and even more evil Malfoy, with new and more evil/angry mother. They do/say somthing VERY nasty and/or threatning, and rather ominous too! They find out the new DADA teacher is
Professor Chaudry, from India. He has unusual ways of doing things, that conflict with the Hogwarts routines and traditions, thus making the other teachers somewhat annoyed. But the students like him and start imitating him ....causing all kinds of wacky fun! Prof Chaudry is really strict in lessons, but he often involves himself with the students lives outside of lessons.

Chap. 6: Sirius's will is read. Sirius made sure to update it and included Harry as his heir. It was very important to him. As a result, Harry inherits Grimmauld place. Harry is thrilled to have his godfather's home. Sirius also took care to have Remus appointed Harry's guardian..

Chap.7: Professor Snape starts the dueling club up again, and always seems to set up Harry, Ron and Hermione in dangerous, stressful duels. Things are getting quite touchy and personal between Slytherin and Gryffindor, and Prof Snape seems to thrive on it. Prof Chaudry's unusual ways of doing things causes conflicts in the dueling club also.

Chapt. 8: Harry's dreams are being invaded by Voldemort, and Harry actually has a spell during the Halloween party where he starts spouting parsel tongue, terrifying everyone, and himself! Prof Chaudry is instructed to continue Harry's very important occlumency lessons.

Chap. 9: Ginny Weasley has matured greatly over the summer, and Harry notices and developes a crush. Now it's his turn to act awkwardly around her! Ginny is preoccupied with her upcoming OWLS and doesn't appear to notice Harrys new attitude towards her.

Chap. 10: Several muggle-born Hogwarts students ( to date, a Hufflepuff, and a Ravenclaw) vanish mysteriously and the staff suspects port keys have been planted on the school grounds by Voldemort supporters. Where the muggleborn students are being transported to is unknown. This "problem" is kept hush hush, but Hagrid accidently "spills the beans" when he overhears Ron freaking out because he thinks Hermione (Gryffindor) will be next.
Hagrid also has his hands full trying to keep the creatures in the forest safe, and his giant half brother is suspected as a trouble maker.

Chapter 11- The MoM is making a full search for the missing Muggleborn students, but they are keeping it very secret, as it's not supposed to be widely known. Harry dreams about Voldie and the disappearences, so he goes to Dumbledore to tell him about it, but then he realises that Voldie will have known about the dream so it wouldn't do much good anyway.

Chapter 12- Hermione is trying to improve inter-House relationships because once agian that's what the Sorting Hat said. Ron doesn't like that and/or doesn't believe her and they have a big fight. They refuse to talk to each other.

Chapter 13- Hermione suceeds in her plan. Blaise Zabini (A Slytherin girl) goes to the OotP side (Or says she does!). Ron doesn't trust her, but Dumbledore says he should. Blaise and Harry strike up a bit of a friendship through their mutual interest in Quidditch broom handling techniques. Ginny becomes a little jealous, putting Harry in the "hot spot" with the ladies.

Chapter 14- Hagrid takes the Trio to visit Grawp again. He says he's become much better behaved over the summer. Amazingly, they find he has. They have a (semi) intelligent conversation with him, but it's like he was a small child.

Chapter 15- A Quidditch match, vs. Slytherin. Malfoy has a Firebolt. He keeps cheating so Gryffindor gets lots of penalty shots. Ginny is a Chaser and she's really good and Ron is still keeper, but he's improved, so have the new beaters. Unfortunately the Gryffindor team isn't very experienced, and they are tied with Slytherin. Then Harry gets the Snitch and Gryffindor wins, but the game is very close. Blaise is impressed with Harry's skill, complimenting him.... much to Ginny's annoyment. Ginny joins her brother Ron in the distrust of the "good" Slytherin.
16 -- Harry meets the Half-Blood Prince, who is the Heir of Gryffindor. The heir has come to Hogwarts at the behest of Dumbledore to...? How about, he is an historian who is also gifted at Legilimens. He gives a bunch of backstory about Slytherin and parseltongue, etc. Then he enters Harry's mind to try to discover what can be gleaned about Voldemort and his plans. (I had no idea about this, but it seems like Harry ought to meet the title character at this point!)

17 -- Uh, this chapter can be about...*thinking* more details about missing students, the deepening relationship of the houses through the dueling club (which those in DA are using to help further their skills), and more innuendos involving Ginny & Harry, and more angry stuff between Ron and Hermione. All of this proves a distraction from another task -- helping Hagrid with Grawp (teaching, and also keeping him from being "exterminated" by the MoM for being a danger to the students).

18 -- Prof. Chaudry invites the students to do some Eastern spell of some kind to try to locate the missing students (I feel we need to start to wrap some of this together!). The chapter revolves around this "seance" of sorts, with all the players there from the different houses ("our" Gryffindors, plus the assorted students from other houses who are part of the attempt at a coming together). Luna is really into this. Everyone is trying to come up with theories about where they've gone and how.

part 1
Old 08-26-2004, 11:20 AM   #166
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

part 2

19 -- They have a Hogsmead weekend, and there Harry runs into the Heir of Gryffindor at (?), because that is where he is staying for the time being. He also meets Lupin there, who updates Harry on the goings-on at the house. Fred and George are having a slight drop in business, because there was a rumor started that one of their candies was causing the disappearances, although it is ridiculous because only Muggle borns are disappearing. (of which there have been four others since chapter 10.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:32 AM   #167
Telcontar_Dunedain

Thanks Lizra. I just have two things to add
1. I think Harry will also do Care of Magical Creatures because Hagrid is still the teacher for it
2. Snape will begin to see eye to eye with Harry after Sirius' death.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 08-26-2004, 12:14 PM   #168
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Very good TD...I agree about Hagrids class! Snape beginning to see eye to eye with Harry might require a little discussion! My thought ...is Snape bad or good...I still can't decide where his loyalties "really" lie, because I don't know why Dumbledore trusts him so.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:38 PM   #169
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I'm sure Snape is good, I'm not sure what 'eye to eye' is.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 12:48 PM   #170
Telcontar_Dunedain

Well I mean I think he might start to cut Harry a bit of slack so to speak. Might cease with the tactless looks and comments.

Old 08-26-2004, 02:15 PM   #171
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

That's where I think you're wrong. I don't think Snape will ever cut him some slack. Snape just hates him too much and I don't think that will ever change. And what would Sirius's death have anything to do with it. Snape hates Sirius soooo much.

But I do agree about Hagrid's class. Though I dont think he needs any more stress... and Hagrid's class is certainly stressful. But I don't think he'd want to give it up.

Good to have you though!

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
Old 08-26-2004, 04:05 PM   #172
Telcontar_Dunedain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirigorn
That's where I think you're wrong. I don't think Snape will ever cut him some slack. Snape just hates him too much and I don't think that will ever change. And what would Sirius's death have anything to do with it. Snape hates Sirius soooo much.
It never says that Snape hated Harry, just that Snape hated Harrys father. And I think that if Snape had had the chance he would have saved Sirius.

Old 08-26-2004, 04:49 PM   #173
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

You're one of those Snape redemtion people aren't you? Well, I do believe that Snape is on the side of the light, but I think that he hates every last one of Sirius's guts. And every last one of Harry's as well. Where's the canon evidence that he would have saved Sirius? And it does say Snape hates him, he keeps being described as having hatred in his eyes and in the fifth book, when he saw his worst memory, I think even if Snape hadn't hated him already, he would after that.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 08-26-2004, 05:45 PM   #174
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Telecontar, Why do you think Sirius's death would make Snape change his attitude towards Harry?
Old 08-26-2004, 06:01 PM   #175
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I agree. and remember how Snape reacted in the Third book - I'm pretty sure he'd kill them, if Dumbledore hadn't calmed him down. I don't think Snape hates Harry, he just dislikes him - and he'll continue to act as he acted, IMO.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 02:51 AM   #176
Telcontar_Dunedain

Yeah but sooner or later, however much he hated Harry's fater he has to accept that he saved his life. I know he saved him in the Philosophers Stone but knowing how much Harry has done to stop his old master returning. I can imagine Snape not wanting to see him again after he deserted the DE's. I don't think he will totally stop it at Harry because people are going to know somethings up if he does it in public but he won't be as evil as he has been.

Old 08-27-2004, 01:45 PM   #177
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Yeah but sooner or later, however much he hated Harry's fater he has to accept that he saved his life. I know he saved him in the Philosophers Stone but knowing how much Harry has done to stop his old master returning. I can imagine Snape not wanting to see him again after he deserted the DE's. I don't think he will totally stop it at Harry because people are going to know somethings up if he does it in public but he won't be as evil as he has been.
What do you mean, "I can imagine Snape not wanting to see him again after he deserted the DE's." Who is 'him'? If it's Harry that makes no sense because he deserted the DEs before he'd ever even met Harry. And when you say you don't think he will totally stop it, what is 'it'? Hating Harry? I think that he won't stop hating him at all. He's always hated Harry, why would that change?

TD, I'm sorry if I sound rude, but I really don't agree with you about Snape and I'm trying to find out why you feel that way. I don't mean to be mean, I just don't know how to say it otherwise while still getting my point across.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 08-27-2004, 02:11 PM   #178
azalea
Long lost mooter

I think he means that Snape hates Voldemort, and Snape knows Harry is the only means of destroying Voldemort, so he will do what it takes to keep Harry safe. I also think he would have tried to save Sirius (not that it has any bearing on anything though -- how did that come up? )
Yes, he hated Sirius, but he also would not have wanted an Order member to have been lost. And I don't think he hates Harry, he just resents him (at least, that's what I read JKR had said in one of those interviews). He also would have understood the importance of Harry's having a guardian, etc. He doesn't "care" about Harry, but as I said above, he knows Harry is needed.
I am one of those Snape-redemption people, but I don't think his attitude toward Harry will change much, especially not till book 7.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 03:19 PM   #179
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Ooooo... that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up, azalea! And it came up because TD said that Snape would see eye-to-eye with Harry after his death and I asked what that had to do with anything and he said "And I think that if Snape had had the chance he would have saved Sirius." So thats how it came up.
If you put it that way, I might have to agree with you about him saving Sirius, azalea. Just because he's an Order member. And goodness knows there arent enough of them...but TD, Snape may not really hate Harry, but I don't think that his attitude towards him would change, like azalea said. And I also don't believe that he would see eye-to-eye with Harry.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 08-27-2004, 03:30 PM   #180
Telcontar_Dunedain

I think more people will join the Order after Fudge admited Voldemort was back. I just think that Snape will come good and do something important to help Harry.

On the Snape thing if we vote and I'm out numbered then I'll shut up.

Last edited by Telcontar_Dunedain : 08-27-2004 at 03:53 PM.