Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-12-2002, 11:08 AM   #161
TinuvielChild
Padawan

nice avatar Evenstar! good idea sam! last night i woke up in the middle of the night and started thinking up a letter, while listening to LotR soundtrack (at 3:55 in the morning). i'm not sure which address i have, i'll check and get back to you on it. it might be the same one as you have, i got it off of a website that has addresses for Dom, Lij, Viggo, and one for Orli.

i'll post them later, i don't have it handy at the moment.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 10:54 PM   #162
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
TC you should get one for Billy and Sean. Then we can write ALL the guys and see if we could ge them onto the Moot. That would be SWEET!
If we are Evenstar(considered crazy fans) then what harm could it do? Elijah would reply once and then we could leave it at that.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 11:13 PM   #163
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Good ideas Sam. Although I must say, I hope that the question "How old are you?" was just an example b/c I know that off the top of my head - he's 21.
Oh, and I'm gonna write my letter tomorrow. Expect it soon!

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 05:39 PM   #164
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Here's my letter. What do you think?

Elijah,
Hi :-) I suspect you will be getting alot of letters from fans off of one Messageboard called "Entmoot". Let me explain. I got on the Entmoot and claimed that I had met you in a convenience store in Pocatello Idaho, that got alot of people excited and then it was my idea yet agian to write to you. So I hope you dont mind. ;-)
What is there to say?( By the way you can call me Sam. That's what everyone on the Moot calls me.). I guess the first thing to say would be...well Thank you. It's cool knowing that a favorite actor can be liked not ONLY for his acting style or because he's cute but also becaus he's bound and determined to stay out of trouble, and....live a good life, even if Hollywood says that isn't cool.
THANK YOU! :-) For not letting yourself get pulled into the mold. Oh thanks also because I have gotten a deeper intrest in theater and acting and all since I became a fan. Thank you for that too.
I REALLY enjoyed The Lord Of The Rings, and that the comradship that went on with you and your fellow hobbits(and Elf) REALLY showed up on the screen and added spice to the movie(not that it needed anymore spicing up.). It was a good movie, and you all did a good job despite the 4:00-4:30 wakeup calls and all. ;-)
I also really enjoy your other movies(well the ones I've seen so far). And if you haven't guessed I am a major LOTR freak and enjoy reading the books as much as watching the movie.
Thank you yet again for bein' the cool person you are.
THANKS!
Sam.
Ps. We were wonderin'. -Well my fellow half wits and myself- were wonderin' that if you could-and if you have the time- visit our forum online and answer some questions. If you can the website is www.tolkientrail.com The forum is under FANGORN on the main page. It's the Entmoot forum.
Your fan
Samwise of the shire.

What do you guys think? And what Idea are you guys talking about? I had two ya know.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 04-13-2002, 05:52 PM   #165
TinuvielChild
Padawan

that's cool!
the idea that i was saying was good was the one about sending one to each address.

oh, instead of giving instructions to the Entmoot board from Tolkien Trail, you could just say "http://entmoot.tolkientrail.com" and be done with it. we'd have to set up a special thread for questions and chat with Elijah if he came!!!

oh and one of my friends is being especially burst-bubbly today and was saying how it won't be a reply from Elijah, it would be from the people who are just there to answer his fanmail. oh well. hmph.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-13-2002, 06:00 PM   #166
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

How's this? We write on the envelope "Please if it is at all possible to have Elijah answer at LEAST one of the letters with the word ENTMOOT in the upper left hand corner. But it would be appreciated if he could answer all of them. But we understand if only a few could be answered personally.
Thank you
Halfwit Management.
Whatcha think?
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 04-14-2002, 09:04 AM   #167
galadriel88

Cool. And actually, Tinuviel, that might not work because if I type in "www.entmoot.tolkientrail.com" (without the qoutation marks of course) it tells me the page cannot be found. But if I follow a link from the History menu, it works just fine. How weird is that?

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 04-14-2002, 09:12 AM   #168
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

When entmoot is added before tolkientrail it takes on the prefix so www is no longer valid.
the address is http://entmoot.tolkientrail.com
emplynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 09:35 AM   #169
galadriel88

Ohhh, okay....

Old 04-14-2002, 10:18 PM   #170
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

*Starts twiddling her thumbs; whistles a tune to which the bath song lyrics could fit quite nicely*
Ok I posted MY letter. 'Ooo's next? I think Luthien YOU might wanna post yore' letter a' leas'. Ooh's all in on this anyway? TC wot's that there address you got? An' which plan are we gonna do an' all tha'? We need some questions andswered an' tha's a fact. Answered not by ME anyway. Wot's the popular vote?
A confused and restless
Sam
ps.*starts pacein' and carryin' on;WHistles a tune to which Old Troll could fit to.*
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 04-15-2002, 11:18 AM   #171
TinuvielChild
Padawan

k. here goes.

the address that i have is:

Elijah Wood
760 North la cienga Boulevard
Suite 20
Los Angeles CA 90069
USA

and the site that i got it from says to include a SASE (self addressed stamped envelope) if you want a reply.

and i'll post my letter as soon as i write it .

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-15-2002, 01:25 PM   #172
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

YOU STOLE MY ADDRESS!!! That's the one I HAVE. Ok then we'll just bombard him with Entmoot letters. The reason I think that is his home address is because of the Suite 20 thing. You know suite like somehting you live in. So sweet(no pun intended) who's all writin'?
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 04-15-2002, 02:10 PM   #173
TinuvielChild
Padawan

yeah, i figured that too. i'm writing, but i haven't written it yet. must do that this week. sorry sam that it's the same address, i thought it might have been cuz i didn't see any "c/o" which is usually a good indication that it's not their home address.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-15-2002, 03:27 PM   #174
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

umm sam, i pmed you my letter, if i be sending it myself, (if you still have it) pm it back to me so i can take care of it, cause silly me forgot to save it anywhere.
are we sending the what would you do story??
Old 04-15-2002, 03:40 PM   #175
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Quote:
Originally posted by LuthienTinuviel
are we sending the what would you do story??
\
Ai! You want to scare him away or something? He'd think we were a bunch of crazies!

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 03:53 PM   #176
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Quote:
Originally posted by Laurelyn
\
Ai! You want to scare him away or something? He'd think we were a bunch of crazies!
...my point exactly. i have no problem with the rest of this, but sending him the "What would you do?" thread is a little much. hmmm..*starts typing up her letter*.oh, sam, can you post Luthien's letter (with her permission, of course) on here? for us to read and review??? is that all right with you Luthien?

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-15-2002, 06:52 PM   #177
LuthienTinuviel

aww i think it's cuuute!
the only page that might scare him is the first one with the "ok, now strip!"
Old 04-15-2002, 10:48 PM   #178
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

I THINK... the best think we can do is to have us ALL mention the story in our letters, justin case he doesn't answer them all which is ver likely. I ask again WHO IS IN ON THIS?! I want to know so we can know how many Elijah could be expecting an' all. Then when and IF he comes we can direct him in the direction of the story. Post the letters on the thread so we can see them and all. If you want to, it'd be neat to see other letters an' all.
Sam the excited.
ps. I think we should send our letters on the same day. Just for the heck of it. Just for fun an' all. Whachathink?
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 04-16-2002, 04:15 PM   #179
LuthienTinuviel

helo elijah!

how are you doing today? i hope your good. i have to tell you about a wonderful Lord of the Rings site called entmoot
where everyone is nice and we all talk about lord of the rings.
fun indeed. there is lovley story that everyone pitched in to make, and i love it. it's awesome, which is why you have to at least come to the moot as a guest and read it. it is a thread called "what would you do?"
i saw you on the osbournes. aren't kelly and jack sweet. my mom even likes to watch that show, she says that she wants to be like sharon, and have the guts and flair to throw ham into someone else's yard.
well this is just a short greeting. im sure you get lots of fan mail so i'll let you get on with it.
oh yea, i almost forgot to tell you that i loved lord o the rings. see, to me it's just a given fact to everyone and i sometimes forget that other people don't know. well, you were perfect in FotR, and im sure you'll do niceley in TTT and RotK.
even though some (ahem) changes were made to certain scenes, it was stil a great movie. casting, costumes, the elvish, the scenery, it was all perfect.
one more thing, i am really into filmaking and stuff like that and i was wondering besides the forced perspective and size doubles, how did you get so short? i mean did ya just not eat your wheaties?

have fun
luthien.
Old 04-16-2002, 04:17 PM   #180
LuthienTinuviel

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
my letter look up look up look up look up