Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-20-2003, 01:57 AM   #161
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

I fail to see the connection, but would rather not have you elaborate. give the guy a break. Iran-Contra was 20 years ago.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 02:01 AM   #162
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by crickhollow
I fail to see the connection, but would rather not have you elaborate. give the guy a break. Iran-Contra was 20 years ago.
I just don't think he's a good interviewer.

Although Fox shares a lot of my views - I feel they make too much editorial comments. But at least it's not the leftist editorial comments from CNN. I have to balance between the two.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 02:14 AM   #163
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by crickhollow
I wont elaborate too much as you requested but Ill just say hes considered a joke and a farse within military circles so the idea that hes out there "in the trenches" giving us military information makes me queazy. I had enough of him when he tried to run for senator here. ok rant over.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 02:22 AM   #164
Baby-K
Corruptor

Agh ffs! Do we seriously need another Iraq thread?
Old 03-20-2003, 02:29 AM   #165
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Baby-K
Agh ffs! Do we seriously need another Iraq thread?
Well if you don't want to participate or read it - then don't. No one forces anyone to click on the link to go into these threads.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 03-20-2003, 02:32 AM   #166
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Well if you don't want to participate or read it - then don't. No one forces anyone to click on the link to go into these threads.
kinda difficult when the just about only threads open lately are about the war
Old 03-20-2003, 02:34 AM   #167
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Rubbish! (no offence ) We have spring break, dark sides, vampires, Judaism, venting, women...all sorts of things. And that's just in General Messages, without even going to the main part, the Tolkien boards.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 02:36 AM   #168
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Baby-K
kinda difficult when the just about only threads open lately are about the war
Then start a thread on something you would like to talk about. That's doable too.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 03-20-2003, 02:37 AM   #169
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Rubbish! (no offence )
none taken - the statement was rubbish I suppose - who really cares anyway...................
Old 03-20-2003, 02:38 AM   #170
Gwaimir Windgem

???

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 03-20-2003, 02:39 AM   #171
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
Rubbish! (no offence ) We have spring break, dark sides, vampires, Judaism, venting, women...all sorts of things. And that's just in General Messages, without even going to the main part, the Tolkien boards.
I was going to point that out too. There are only about 3 threads open which currently deal in one form or another with Iraq.

Baby-K - There is a WHOLE message board out there - go exploring.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 03-20-2003, 02:46 AM   #172
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
???
I meant I moved my gripe to the venting thread, therefore you were right the statement was rubbish - so I didn't take offence to you pointing it out ('twould take a lot more to offend me)

Quote:
Baby-K - There is a WHOLE message board out there - go exploring.
sure, I would but I've lost me compass

ye know I guess it wouldn't bother me if 'twasn't for the fact that the same info just gets regurgetated in the war threads and eventually people get so bloody worked up they end up flaming & spewing godawful insults. I open the threads to see what people's views are, but after a couple you tend to notice that they all run along the same lines. But I'll follow yer advise & just keep 'em closed

Feeling very fatalistic today - must be the weather
Old 03-20-2003, 02:51 AM   #173
Gwaimir Windgem

Or, if you're interested in fantasy writing, there's a petition to sign in the Fantasy And Sci-Fi forum.

Anyway, we seem to have digressed from the topic at hand... o.O

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 03-20-2003, 04:00 AM   #174
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

I personally like Fox News the best right now, that is when I am not flipping to good old Peter Jennings

I like Fox because they aren't afraid to run reports of stuff that aren't completely confirmed with other sources yet, and they come out and say it, showing other possibilities. For instance, tonight out of all the different channels I've been watching, Fox News is the only channel that has mentioned anything about Mosul, where Al Jazeera says the US bombed and where Saddam's bunker is thought to be. Every other station hasn't even given word of the name Mosul and are talking as if Saddam is in Baghdad. I like the fact that Fox is going out on this limb and providing extra information, taking the chance while at the same time telling their viewers they have yet to receive a secondary confirmation. In my eyes that is professionalism and up to the minute coverage, whereas the other channels are just repeating the same stuff over and over and over...

Kinda refreshing to see new information
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 09:17 AM   #175
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

Here's my new favorites source of info

It won't last that long unfortunetly.

http://www.dear_raed.blogspot.com/

yup a blog from Iraq. Choice stuff.

and his data confirms what I've heard elsewhere. That means it's probably legit stuff. I'm going to rely on it until all the landlines are cut.

Last edited by markedel : 03-20-2003 at 10:04 AM.
markedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 03:03 PM   #176
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

just curious.... anybody remember what they were doing when hostilities first broke out during the first gulf war? I was a dominos pizza boy. *laugh* I can remember watching it on a little tv in the managers office with like 20 other drivers and employees.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 03:12 PM   #177
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
I personally like Fox News the best right now, that is when I am not flipping to good old Peter Jennings

I like Fox because they aren't afraid to run reports of stuff that aren't completely confirmed with other sources yet, and they come out and say it, showing other possibilities. For instance, tonight out of all the different channels I've been watching, Fox News is the only channel that has mentioned anything about Mosul, where Al Jazeera says the US bombed and where Saddam's bunker is thought to be. Every other station hasn't even given word of the name Mosul and are talking as if Saddam is in Baghdad. I like the fact that Fox is going out on this limb and providing extra information, taking the chance while at the same time telling their viewers they have yet to receive a secondary confirmation. In my eyes that is professionalism and up to the minute coverage, whereas the other channels are just repeating the same stuff over and over and over...

Kinda refreshing to see new information
I also liked that. Fox was the only one that was questioning whether the broadcast of Saddam Hussein was live as they claimed or if it was taped or if it was a double. They indicated that it seemed to have been taped in advance by the way it jumped. Now everyone is sort of questioning it.

My cousin's nicknamed me Peter Jennings - because I always have to watch World News Tonight. I also always have to watch Nightline. Ted Kopple is the best reporter and is right up there with Walter Cronkite and other "very best of reporters" in my opinion.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 03-20-2003, 03:17 PM   #178
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
Is it true USAians call French fries, freedom fries because the French wont go to war?
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 03:36 PM   #179
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackboar
Is it true USAians call French fries, freedom fries because the French wont go to war?
You mean Americans? Some do. And it's not because they won't go to war either. It's because they actually lied to Colin Powell right before 1441 went to the UN. He asked them point blank - fi Hussein does not comply wigth 1441 that they would not prevent action from being taken and finally putting to rest this cat and mouse game. They said yes - but then when it came down to it - they backed away and have done everything to stonewall us. France wants to shakle America and be a "world power" and basically rule Europe. They're going to find that more Americans are going to support strong action by our government if they try to do that.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 03-20-2003 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-20-2003, 03:37 PM   #180
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

well, no, not all Americans. Some restaurants have changed the name on their menus, and some people have picked up on it, but it is by no means a nation-wide phenomena (not that I'm the expert, as I am currently out of the country ). But renaming food is nothing new. Frankfurters got changed to Hot Dogs during WWII (or was it WWI? I can't recall). Funnily enough, that name stuck, and v. few Americans say Frankfurter to this day. Liberty Cabbage wasn't quite as popular, so we still eat those American Hot Dogs with Saurkraut.

Quote:
just curious.... anybody remember what they were doing when hostilities first broke out during the first gulf war? I was a dominos pizza boy. *laugh* I can remember watching it on a little tv in the managers office with like 20 other drivers and employees.
I was nine years old, and had just moved w/ my parents from southern california to NW washington. I was homeschooled, so we watched the news everymorning after breakfast.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote