Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-16-2002, 11:48 PM   #161
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
Quote:
Originally posted by Ërendil
If you thow a stick and she doesn't see where it goes, she moans and whines until you thow another one.
I used to have a Golden Retriever like that.
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 11:57 AM   #162
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

She's lovely Della she wouldn't stop trying to lick me yesterday!!!

Another pet I've always wanted is a Chipmunk I love them soooo much. I also love Chinchilla's and Macaws!!!!!
I have wanted those three animals for so many years!!!!!!
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 12:54 PM   #163
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

A typical two minutes at my place:

Woof runs up to me with some or other toy. Woof has a curled mouth, so it looks like she smiling from some angles...ahhh cute! She wants me to either 1) play a "tugging" game with her, or 2) throw it for her to fetch. It doesn't really matter which one I choose, because she growls like Satan incarnate when I lean closer to grab the toy....

Anyway, so I choose to throw the thing for her to fetch. After about half a minute of trying to get the damn toy out of her mouth....which normally works by holding the toy at virtually my eye-level while standing (while she continues to growl...), she runs down the passage (yes, this is all hapening indoors), and sort of hides behind a couch with one eye sticking out -- this doesn't help Woof's coordination, as she can't accurately determine distance like that.

So then I throw the toy. Well, actually I dummy a couple times (Woof is quite forgetful, so I get her to pounce out all the time without her catching on -- she does growl quite a bit if this continues for extended periods of time). Then I throw it. She runs after it as if she is pitbull and has just been told that there are no more copies of FotR:EE (i.e insane desperate growling). Once she acquires the toy, she promptly proceeds to thrash it around (while growling). Then she lies down on the ground, biting the toy, while looking up at me with an expression on her face that could only be described as a challenge to the death (i.e. head down, eyes looking up).

At this point I'm typically 7-8m away. If I take one step closer, she drops the toy from her mouth and growls. If I perhaps make another step (gulp), her growling becomes far more intensified snarling, and she struggles to breathe. So I stand rooted to the spot. The funny thing is, if I take a step back, she growls too....

Finally she picks up the toy and jumps onto a nearby couch. Now it's okay for me to be about 2-3m away from her, without her growling. So I sit down and watch. This period now involves Woof gnawing and chewing on the toy. She normally does this on the edge of the couch on either side. She has thus far never failed to drop the toy over the edge.

As usual, she stares at the toy (now lying on the ground), then she pounces at it, with the same tenacity as before.

If she's playing with a ball, she will run around with it and then drop it by mistake. How do I know it's a mistake? Because she runs after the ball growling and snarling like an insane reality challenged uninformed jackhammer.

In the mornings she jumps onto my bed and falls asleep on my pillow, curled up around my head.
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 04:01 PM   #164
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
lol

I LOVE DOGS!!

I've got 6 at home; Jessie, a minature schauzer
Kitty, a dalmation
Charlie, a scottie
Puss, a great dane
Oxo, a labrador
and Clomp, a Jack Russel

I also had another called Bobby;a retriever but he died of a brain tumor

*sob*
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 02:36 PM   #165
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

awww how sad.

that's a lot of different kinds of dogs. i've always wanted a great dane and a scottie.
right now i have a black lab-Rocky. before that we had a black lab and dalmation mix-Sparky. i think he was born the year we moved here and then his mother kicked him out in the snow and he froze so then we brought him inside and saved him and had him till '98 when he ran away. he was about to die when he ran away. at one time we had about 10 cats,a chow,2 dalmations,2 dalmation/lab mixes,some little black long haired dog, and some little white haired dog.and this big dog that i have no clue what it was. but somebody shot it or something. i love dogs.
Old 12-11-2002, 03:21 PM   #166
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
I LOVE DOGS!!

lol

I have two dogs, and I have NEVER been with out a dog.

My first two dogs were Lady Padora of Abalore and Captain Caos.

Lady Pandora of Abalore (pandora or poodie) was a West Highland White Terrier. She was sooo sweet. I loved her to peices and lived until 12years old. Which is quite old for a puppy mill dog.

Captain Caos (Caos or little man) was a Scottish Terrier. He and Pandora lived together untill in 1998 Caos was 10 years old and was begining to get doggies Alziemers and cancer. We had to put him down. :*(

The dogs I have now are mutts They are really great. We have Lady (3yr old LabX? mix) and Princess (5yr old 3/4 rottweiler 1/4 Austrailan Shepard)

They are both incredably smart (i think Lady is smarter but then again she is my baby )

I *love* them both to peices and could go on and on and on about them.
Old 01-18-2003, 10:32 PM   #167
Sicirus
Elf Lord

I have a new dog as I have already announced on the happy thread.
We have adopted the most sweetist grayhound wityh the most odd name to be given to a grayhound.
Slo-mo.
He is beautiful with redish gold fur. KInda yellow red, with black soidery stripes around his whole body. He is very muscular and small. He has a curled tail and small head. And his ears stick straight up. He is sooooo cute and funny. He peed on most of the house and loves to beg. my other dog is teaching Slo-mo that he is the boss. Slo-mo loves the mirror and likes to beleive another dog is there and paws at it.
I LOVE MY NEW PUPPY.
He is only two years old. He refused to race on the track so they got rid of him.
I will try to show you pics of him when I can.
Old 01-19-2003, 09:56 AM   #168
Elf Girl
Lurker

I don't have any dogs but I have a snake and she's really pretty and timid and sweet.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 11:13 AM   #169
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

I have a dog named Buddy. He's a Chesapeake Bay Retriver (spl?) Mixed With a German Short Haired Pointer. He is sooo cute! And he is really big so every one is scared of him but he is really gentel and sweet! I also have two cats and two fish (the fish are named frodo and sam).
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 01:57 PM   #170
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

ok, myt list has expaned since the last time i posted.

a 30 gallon (114 l) fish tank with all the members of the fellowship in it, plus luthien tinuviel (beren died ) and some other names that i liked from LotR and the Sil. i also have a 5 gallon (19 l) tank that holds two frogs, salty and No Name.
ive got a hrmit crab named hermie, a rabbit named bobber a dog named rocco (black labs rock) and i want to get a green gecko or a black asian spiny toad.weee.

does anyone have an english or bull mastiff? or a shar-pei? those are my favourite doggies, oh and black labs..

ive always wanted a black lab named frodo.
Old 01-19-2003, 02:17 PM   #171
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

My fish (named frodo and sam) just had babies!!! I guess I'm going to have to change frodo's name to Rosie since I found out he was a girl!
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 05:44 PM   #172
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by LuthienTinuviel
i also have a 5 gallon (19 l) tank that holds two frogs, salty and No Name.
Frogs? What kind of frogs?
Old 01-23-2003, 04:18 PM   #173
Elf.Freak
Orli's lil fan

I have Rodesian Ridgeback dog called Jade and a Welsh pony called Penny, they're so sweet!
~
I've gotta new avatar! looks kinda like me...anime style!
~
LOST: Orlando Bloom. If found, please send him straight to Elf.Freak
Elf.Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 05:34 PM   #174
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn
The Elven Queen Of All Pyros

Location: Im like a little bug stuck in the lamp...never going anywhere
i love animals..all kinds...thats why im a veggetarian

Procrastinators Unite!!!.....tomorrrow....

Kids in backseats cause accidents...accidents in backseats cause kids

As long as there are tests..there will be prayers in school
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 11:24 PM   #175
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

I have 2 dogs, a Lab Border Collie named Cindy, and a lapso-apso/pitbull wannabe named Gizmo

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 11:26 PM   #176
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

Oh yeah, i also have 2 cats, they are called Tuesday, i got her from my cousin, and a little blck cat named Beggerrah, form the Jungle Book. He always plays with Gizmo, they are best friends, its hillarious.

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 09:45 PM   #177
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Sorry to be sucha downer but we are thinking about putting my dog Barney to sleep. We think that his cancer is hurting his paw and he can bairley move any more.*sniff*
My poor little brown dog.
Old 02-25-2003, 10:06 PM   #178
Elvellyn
The Redneck Elf

I have a chocolate lab named Ginger.
Old 02-26-2003, 05:05 PM   #179
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

i have a bunnie named Dorothy colour: gray and white
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Bunnie_Queen_1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 06:49 PM   #180
Evenstar1400
Elven Warrior

u must like bunnies... and ur probibly english cause u spell color colour.

*cough dogs rule cough*

im not a big bunny fan.... they try to eat me when i sleep