Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-05-2004, 06:59 AM   #161
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

Faligorn, upon hearing a noise, turned around to see Devak leading a captured orc back to the camp "What's this, Devak?" he asked, "Have you captured an orc?"
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 07:02 AM   #162
Amea
Elven Warrior

Strider

Devak: Quite, Their all around us, just slowly go for your weapons, we'll need to fight, *truns to captive* Now you lay down right here and don't you dare think about runing, I can run faster than you and remember that...
Akkar: Where are they?
Devak: Quite, please,you can hear them now there are a few there *points to trees on the left* and there *points to trees on the right* They suround us on most sides the only side that's "safe" is the one that goes to the river, so we are stuck unless you want ot ford the river but our chances of getting acrossed are very slim, especaly(sp) If there are ten, even twenty orcs on our tail...

*devak laughs crazily*
Blue: Oh boy, She's cracked, She's gone nuts, Devak, Devak get a grip.
*Devak grabs blue by the throat*
Blue: Good grip
Duh! I've got markers!!!! :P

Last edited by Amea : 03-05-2004 at 07:11 AM.
Amea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 07:36 PM   #163
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Thanks, my characters look really inept now!

Aranek and Greyson had walked away from the camp to scout the area again. They had done this half an hour before, but weren't too worried since this land was still at peace. They had barely started away from the camp when Aranek saw movement in the trees - orcs! They retreated back to the camp as quickly and as silently as possible, but the suspected the orcs had been following them, and already knew where the camp was.
Hamish and Hamid were up, with weapons silently drawn from beside their sleeping rolls. Pansy had mounted her attack llama Cory, and Rorin, the taciturn dwarf, was ready to fight with a battle axe.
The camp was silent and tense. They were in a small clearing, midway up the slope of a long hill. They had to time to gain the high ground, since they were surrounded. The Haradrim formed a loose circle in the centre of the clearing. Since they were surrounded they had to make their stand here.
Their horses were picketed at the edge of the clearing. Akkar wanted to free them from their pickets, though Akkar felt it would be better to fight on foot since the clearing was small, and the forest's underbrush was fairly dense. Before any of the Haradrim could release the horses, the orcs attacked!

OOC: I think each person can describe the battle over-all when they're posting for their character. If you want anyway. Whatever you guys feel makes the battle go smoothly. Just, not too many bad guys, since there are only ten of us.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 09:18 PM   #164
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

ooc: Yay! Fighting! I can post now! DIE EVIL ORCSES!!!!!!

ic: The orcs seemed to come from everywhere, it was hard to tell how many there were in the confusion. Rorin blocked a viscous blow, and rolled into the feet of the orc. He brought his axe down on the prostrate orc.

He barely missed getting his head taken off by another orc. Fortunately, someone finished it. Rorin didn't see who it was. He hurried to his feet and was beset by two orcs. He swung his axe at one, and got a slash on the back from the other for it. He barely noticed, the battle had consumed his thinking. His mind registered nothing but what was happening in battle.

He feinted to the right, and came at the orc from the left. This caught the orc by surprise, and it was soon felled by Rorin's merciless axe.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 10:43 PM   #165
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC:YAY! I can eat people in a cat form!!!!! YAY!

IC:
Callinya shifted into a mountain lion and watched Rorin go at it for about two seconds to long because she got a gash on her arm...leg. She turned around and ripped open and orcs leg and fell to the ground and she finished it off by cutting the jugular(sp?). Attacking some more she killed 3 but ingured many. Maybe this wasn't the best way to fight...she shifted into a coral snake and slithering around feet she nearly bit one of her companions but swereved just in time to deliver a heart stopping bit to a foe.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 12:05 AM   #166
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Akkar quickly guessed that there were roughly eighteen orcs as he fought. He and Hamish were fighting beside each other, and five orcs came towards them. More orcs attacked people behind them.
He could see Callinya fighting on his right, wreaking havoc as a mountain lion.
Hamish killed an orc quickly. Akkar parried an attack from a second with his shield, and seeing an opening, killed him. He was suddenly beset by two more orcs when he saw Callinya dissapear. He fended off both their attacks, taking a blow to the shoulder. Abruptly, the orc on his right fell screaming. He could only assume Callinya was somehow responsible. Hamish killed the fourth orc.
Now the bulk of the group was on top of them. The fighting was close and they were completely surrounded with orcs. Akkar whirled and slashed and parried, seeing his companions occasionally, but he couldn't tell who they were amidst the furious battle.

OOC: Let's say there's about 20(ish) orcs?
Body count: 9 orcs dead.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 03-06-2004 at 12:13 AM.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:54 AM   #167
Amea
Elven Warrior

Strider

Devak: *smiles as she hackes down orcs left and right, blood splattered all over her, and she loved it, It reminded her of the days when she just killed for fun.. the battle was over as soon as it started, Devak looked around* No one's dead... good, Akkar I'm going to get cleaned up okay *Walks away from camp and heads to the stream, Slowly undresses and dives in, the cool water, started to wash away the blood*

*devak laughs crazily*
Blue: Oh boy, She's cracked, She's gone nuts, Devak, Devak get a grip.
*Devak grabs blue by the throat*
Blue: Good grip
Duh! I've got markers!!!! :P
Amea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 01:14 AM   #168
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Suddenly, there was no more yelling. One orc was writhing on the ground, so Akkar put him out of his misery.
Callinya's prisoner had crawled to the edge of the clearing, but it was slow going since his hands and feet were tied. Aranek jogged over to him, and stomped his arm. "Going somewhere?" He let Devak deal with him.

Akkar counted twenty-one dead orcs. That battle had been short - an advantage to them, the smaller party. As his adrenelaine started to go down, Akkar realized his right shoulder was throbbing in pain. His armour was partially ripped away from the shoulder. He didn't think it was injured too badly.

During the battle, the horses dragged their picked lines. Pansy rounded them up easily mounted on Cory. She didn't appear injured from the battle.

Greyson approached Rorin. He didn't know the Dwarf well, but he had killed an orc that almost killed him. That deserved thanks. "Thank you for killing that orc, you fight well," said Greyson.

"I say we learn what's going on around here, and cross that river. It might take a while to find a good ford, and we need to know if all our enemies are dead. They could have been an advanced scout to an army," said Akkar. None of his men were seriously wounded - knowing that he turned his mind to the next important matter, their safety.
"We would have noticed if an entire army was following us," said Hamid.
"We should have noticed the group that was following us. I want anyone who isn't injured to thoroughly scout the area," Akkar reprimanded, but he was reprimanding himself as well. They should have had some warning.
"Also, if anyone of you have skills in scouting or tracking, they'd be much appreciated right now," Akkar added.

OOC: Sorry for the godmod Gulio and Pip, I'm not totally sure when you guys are going to post and I didn't want your characters to be left in the wayside.
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 03-06-2004 at 03:28 PM.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:10 PM   #169
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC:The orc isn't my pirsoner. I don't know what to do with im so I'm just gonna leave him unconcious on the ground for now.

IC:
Callinya wacked the orc on the head and left where he was then she wandered off to help scout. Truning into a wolf she bounded inot the forest and being in a playful mood after the battle she lept on top of several members of the camp and loped off when they seemed ready to fling stones at the "wolf". Somone must have told them who she was however because no one really messed with her...in fact they stayed back a little knowing that a wolf could follow sencts better than they. Picking up on the trail Callinya followed it untill she was close tothe river where it suddenly stopped. She went all the way to the river then searched along it's bank then returning to the spot where she had last smelt the trail she searched around there for a while even sniffing trees...but with no luck. By now Callinya was ver very very angery, she had never losta trail before and she didn't like it especially now that it was so important that she find it. So instead of taking her anger out by tracking some more she left the members of the camp who were halping her tarack and she returned to camp. Standing over the orc as a panther she sat and waited for him to wake up.

OOC:I know he's not my prisoner but can I qeustion him? Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please?
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 01:47 PM   #170
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

Putting away his two swords away, and counted the bodies around "5, " he said, "How have you lot done, are there any injuries?" he enquired looking around their now bloodstained camp, littered with dead orcs everywhere. Luckily, Faligorn's great black steed, Firefoot, was unscathed.
Old 03-06-2004, 01:59 PM   #171
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

ooc: Thankkies Nurv!

ic: Rorin nodded politely to Greyson, and branched off to scout the area. He did his best to be quiet, but that wasn't very good. Dwarves tend to have a hard time being sneaky, and the throbbing wound in his back didn't help any. He knew he would be fine, and shook off the pain for now.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 03:34 PM   #172
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

OOC: SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE, Forget me.
[j/k ]

<5 orcs, pitiful,>I thought to my-self, about self. "Well, if anyone has any wounds that need healing, I'll patch you up."

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 03:43 PM   #173
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Callinya's playful jump at him had really made Akkar's shoulder throb with agony. He had wanted to help track, but he was being painfully reminded that he had to take care of his shoulder. "I'd be greatful for some attention on my shoulder, thanks Jan," said Akkar. Greyson came over and helped take off his armour.
Aranek, Hamid, and Hamish were unhurt, and went to scout with Callinya.
"How did we fare?" said Greyson. "Well, I did okay, I wounded more than I killed though."
"Same story with me," said Akkar, "You guys didn't leave many for us. Devak went berserk over there and killed about six."

OOC: I fixed the prisoner thing Fim.
Quote:
Old 03-06-2004, 03:50 PM   #174
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

"The pain will pass, Akkar," said faligorn
"The main worry at the moment, though, is that there may
be more orcs about, that may have been only a scouting party,
we should prepare ourselves for another attack" he continued.
He walked over to Firefoot, and took a ration of his food, a twice-baked honey cake (which keeps good for many months) and sat down to eat it, after wiping the stained blood fromhis 2 swords.
"Forgive my rudeness!" he suddenly exclaimed, "Does anyone else require nourishment?" he enquired ...
Old 03-06-2004, 05:35 PM   #175
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Boin, tired of waiting, mounted his horse and rode on. Not long after, he heard two voices comeing from his right. A man's and a woman's. He dismounted his horse and crept closer to them.

"You expect Terenin will kill 'em?" said the first, Terrenin's newest recruit, Suliard.
"Most likely," said the second, the woman's voice belong to the assassin Rennati, "they were just slowing him down anyways. Now with Boin sent off to where ever, it will be easier. He never did agree with us on this."
Suliard laughed, "Aye, with him out of the picture, everything will be easier. Do you expect he is dead by now?"
A cruel, cold laugh came from Rennati, "Aye. I believe he is. If not, he will most likely meet us here, which we are waiting for."
Boin clenched his fists, So, he expected me to go off and do my last for him and then kill me 'eh? I think not. Boin drew his sword and crept behind Suliard and with one swift movement, slit his throat. Rennati jumped up and drew her sword as Boin came out of the shadows. "So, you not dead eh Boin?" she smiled, "Terrenin will reward me greatly for this." She lept at him as he blocked the blow, but let her knock him off his feet. She lifted her sword as to stab him but she made one mistake, she stood too close to him. This is exactly what Boin wanted, and he stabbed her leg with his knife. She took a few steps back, cried out and fell to the ground. He sheathed his sword and walked over to her, "You expected me not to fight you?" he said when he stood over her.
"Its not like you to kill your own commrades, Boin. This is exactly why Terrenin wants you dead. You have become too soft for your own good."
Boin laughed quietly, "Really? Yet it is I who do most of the killing fo him. But no, it is not right to who you have fought alongside."
"That is why you will not kill me now." Rennati smiled.
"I said I would not who were my commrades and loyal. You don't fit into either catagory Rennati, but still, I need you to send word to Terrenin. I think you know what to say."
Boin grabbed her sword and turned back to the road, not looking back.

ooc: sorry its so long
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 06:20 PM   #176
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Where was Boin waiting? Is he on the other side of the river?

"I know," Akkar said. He wasn't sure what Faligorn meant - he hadn't been complaining about the pain. "Thanks for taking care of that Jan." He put his armour back on, sucking it up when it pressed on the wound.

Aranek, Hamish, and Hamid came back to the clearing shortly after an angry Callinya. "We lost the trail. I don't understand, though it was faint, Callinya had been following it easily," said Hamid. "I'm not sure what to make of that."
"Me neither, except that we're dealing with a stealty foe," said Akkar.
"'Stealthy' isn't a word I'd use to describe orcs," said Aranek, recalling the War of the Ring.
"I agree," said Akkar, knowing what Aranek referred to. "But this is a small party of orcs in hostile territory, and without a powerful leader. Perhaps they're more stealthy than we gave them credit." Akkar didn't want to dismiss the issue. "What do you think Callinya?" he asked, as he walked over to Faligorn.
"I'd love to try some of your rations. If we all share they won't seem so boring after a few months," said Akkar.
Hamish followed him over. "I'd like to try some too please," he said.
Quote:
Old 03-06-2004, 06:25 PM   #177
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

"please do" said faligorn, walking over o Firefoot,
"They keep good for many months, an old family recipe"
he took some cakes from his pack on the great horse, and
handed them around"I once heard my mother say they have a strange healing quality" he said with a smile, as he
passed them around "I also have a few flagons of my mead,
should any of you be in need of some liquid refreshment..."
he then took out 2 flagons of mead, and proffered them to the members of the company
Old 03-06-2004, 06:37 PM   #178
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Hamish and Akkar tried the honey cakes and mead, and found them delicious. "There are better than our own supplies. If they have healing properties, maybe we should save them," said Akkar.
"Not that our own provisions aren't good. They are nice, but... mmm... honey," said Hamish, finishing his portion.
"We should deal with these orcs now," said Akkar.
"We don't have time to bury them, let's let them lie," said Hamish.
"I know, I mean living orcs that may be potentially around here," Akkar clarified. "I think we should assess if we will have another battle, and be ready for it, as has been mentioned. Then we should get ourselves across the Anduin as soon as we can."
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 03-06-2004 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-06-2004, 06:40 PM   #179
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

"yes," said faligorn, drawing his swords, crouching to the ground
"we should all prepare for the inevitable..."
he picked up the remainders of his hurried meal, hurling them into his pack before walking back to the edge of the camp, to prepare for any attack
Old 03-06-2004, 06:46 PM   #180
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

The Haradrim quickly packed up their gear, and were ready for another battle. Akkar cleaned and sheathed his sword, and strapped his shield and pack to his horse Flathorse.
"I think the trail you found could have been a scout who was killed in the battle. Do you think it's safe to go on, and ford the river?" Akkar asked the scouts.
"That's a plausible explanation Akkar, he could have doubled back on his trail, and joined the battle. That would explain why the trail ended so abruptly," said Aranek.

OOC: Let's go on and try to meet up with Boin. Aewionen should be able to finally post with us.
Quote: