Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-13-2005, 10:23 PM   #161
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

I accidentally passed my post #4,000 in the Teacup Café, without noticing . I will post now to express a little of my experience at the 'Moot.

4,000th post sort of

My first couple years here I spent in the RPG Forum, focused upon the fantasy RPGs my friends and I were playing. In time, I entered General Messages as well, focusing almost exclusively upon the debate threads. I was very, very bad at arguing. I knew almost nothing about my Christian beliefs. However, I was also very confident. With my zip experience and equal-to-that knowledge, I challenged the most brilliant atheistic and agnostic minds on the website. As I did, I talked with the Lord, and he said, "It's high time I taught you a thing or two." And so I lost . And lost.

My atheistic buddies here happen to have indirectly taught me much of what I know about my religion. Their challenges against my beliefs forced me to research, and researching, I began to gain a foundation. I learned also that it wasn't very intelligent to go and challenge everyone on every viewpoint I happened to automatically, Christianly, disagree with. I learned that it was smarter to research the issues and learn about them before taking a stance on them, otherwise like an overinflated balloon, I would keep on bursting with all the dramatic sound effects that balloons make when passing away.

So I began to withdraw from certain debates and remain in others. When I knew what I was talking about, I would argue. If I didn't, I would just look at the arguments every now and then and learn. I'm doing better now, than I was.

Eventually, I left the RPG Forum, because I wanted to remain true to Tolkien's world in the games I played, but I also felt as though I was bumping against the tight boundaries of what he had written. With a good friend named Arat-Falathion, I went and created a new website, at which I do my primary roleplaying:
http://www.atharonrpg.com/phpBB2/index.php
On that site, myself, several of my family members, and some other friends have a general great time. On this site, I continue to debate and to learn! My Entmoot experience has been wonderful, and I look forward to many more pleasant years here .
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 12-13-2005 at 10:26 PM.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 09:34 PM   #162
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

My 500th Post!

This is my coming of age post in a way. I think I should start from the begining of my experiences on the Moot

I first found Tolkien Trail while doing research for my famous person speech for Speech class my Junior year of High School. I had choisen J.R.R. Tolkien. I vowed to return when I got my own computer. Fast forward 1 year, my aunt persents me with a computer and soon after I'm connected online. One day, being bored off my rear-end, I decide to go back to that site i'd found the year before. Problem was I couldn't remember the address I Googled Tolkien and I soon found it. Traveling along the trail on the adventure, I discovered this message board called Entmoot. Using a name I'd found on a name generator, I registered. My first post was in RPG with Eowyn. I soon found myself posting nonstop. I loved it. This was my first message board and I considered the Mooters like family. And today, I leave behind the elven warriors and join the ranks of the elf lords!

I don't think my time here would be great without Butterbeer, Doc, Spock and many others I couldn't possiblely list here. I 'll be back for an update at post 1000!

Love y'all
Acally

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 04:42 AM   #163
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Most kind. We look forward to many more posts.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:29 AM   #164
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Nice posts and my thanks too Acalewia and Lief - heh, the tradition is catching on - i didn't even have to hound those two! ..

best all BB

now if only Gordis would do her 1,000th (plus) moot experiences ...

edit: btw when i am gone ...keep your eyes peeled for mooters not here represented near landmark figures... and bring em on over...

Last edited by Butterbeer : 12-20-2005 at 06:37 AM.
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 04:45 PM   #165
Elanor
Hobbit in the Music

Time for a custom title, Acalewea. That is, if you want one... *notices Butterbeer never got one*

Segovia Mazes
Elanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 04:59 PM   #166
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

ahhh - the conspiracy theorists are up and running, heh?

best BB
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:18 PM   #167
Acalewia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanor
Time for a custom title, Acalewea. That is, if you want one... *notices Butterbeer never got one*
I PMed Ben for one but I don't think hes been on lately.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 12-22-2005, 02:21 PM   #168
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

You should PM Sister Golden Hair! She'll do it for you, for sure.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 02:35 PM   #169
Acalewia

Thanks for the advice, Tess.

Old 01-16-2006, 06:09 PM   #170
inked
Elf Lord

I saw this and thought of JD, not because of the prayer, mind you, but FRANCE.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...3/ixworld.html

One cogent blogger suggested that if you don't want grace at your meals, don't ask bishops to lunch (or at least not RC bishops, because aI'm not sure and ECUSAN one could do grace at meals, given their lack of grace nationally).
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 08:42 PM   #171
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

It's 2006 and time for a change.

The thread title has been modified to fit into current reality.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:54 PM   #172
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

My 500th!!!

Hurray! I'm an elf lord! *does sprightly jig on bedroom carpet*

I LOVE ENTMOOT!
... and all MOOTERS
!

...And, now without further ado, I go in seek of a title... I would like to include a thank-you list, and write down everything fun that I did, and all the people who made entmoot feel like a home... but I'd get misty-eyed, and besides, I'm saving it for the more momentous 1,000th! If I ever reach it, of course!

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Serenoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:57 PM   #173
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

congrats, Serenoli!!!!!!!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:58 PM   #174
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Here it is! I was wondering where BB's "JD Syndrome" thread went -

Again, Congratulazioni littleadanel! Before you know it, you'll be at a grand. It goes faster the more you moot; it's just like time - or the concept of time. Now I'm starting to sound like trolls' bane!

Anyone else around here think this thread sounds an awful lot like the Academy Award Oscars ceremony when the winners are accepting their awards onstage? I swear!

Old 03-11-2006, 12:11 AM   #175
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

I know! I felt exactly like that when I was thinking what to write for the 500th... it was starting to sound just like the traditional: 'thank you to so-and-so without whom none of this would be possible... and, of course, so-and-so... we had the best times ever... etc etc'

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Serenoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 12:19 AM   #176
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

This Thread was Originally Named By Butterbeer, in Honour of JerseyDevil

I will keep stirring the bubbling cauldron of my thoughts, as they simmer away, and soon enough I'll think of a nice post to plunk here for my official 5k "I'd like to thank the Academy and my mother" post, but in the meantime, I thought it bore remembering who started this thread in the first place, and why, and to give respect to old BB who's thread name was altered against his wishes, because someone who weilds the mod wand - oh, you know the rest.

following as posted by Butterbeer, when starting this thread -

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Experiencing JD syndrome and my experiences on the moot
(this being my 500th post even if it still says 499?)

In times of adversity, in times of emotion and stress i wearily and somewhat accidently stumbled across the Entmoot. Having but today overcome the terrible and deadly on-line virus that could well be the scourge of the 21st century, and wishing JD well with this crippling syndrome (Jd-itis) I am now free for another 500 posts before I get another (much lesser) case of this disease than the great man himself even now is heroically fighting.

This then is my story: it is my small victory against JD syndrome: may it be a hope to those in dark places … or new Joisey … or wherever in the world they are sadly afflicted … Our communal Moot thoughts go out to you.

This 500th post is therefore dedicated to jersey devil, who on the moot has been on occasions a friend in need and an unofficial mentor (who, having sometimes to put up with some incredible rambling rubbish from me always found the time to get back with some good advice) and it is also a personal piece on my moot experience from unsuspecting entling through to Elf Lord.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

Old 03-11-2006, 12:32 AM   #177
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Edited because my original comment is no longer relevant. This is a good thing though since I also forgot to congradulate Lotesse on her 5000th post!

Congrats on your 5000th post Lotesse! I made you pie.

Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 03-11-2006 at 07:21 AM.
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 10:32 AM   #178
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoli
Hurray! I'm an elf lord! *does sprightly jig on bedroom carpet*
Congrats Serenoli! We got there almost at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Again, Congratulazioni littleadanel!
And again, thank you. And congrats to your 5000!

I posted my 500th in the Teacup Café, because it is an awesome place.

>I hereby take the opportunity to say congrats to Nurvingiel again! <

The whole Entmoot is an awesome place, with awesome people who made me stick around. Before I stumbled across the Moot and peeked in, I never thought of the internet as a way of communication (apart from occasional e-mailing). Now I do.

Gotta love you Mooters.
ALL OF YOU. And by that I do mean ALL.

Julie Adanel

Last edited by littleadanel : 03-11-2006 at 10:36 AM.
littleadanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 10:55 AM   #179
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Congrats Lotesse and Nurv.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 11:13 AM   #180
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
Congrats Lotesse and Nurv.
Indeed!

And Serenoli! It was so recently that you have been intimidated by Elf Lords around you... Do you remember? Now you are one yourself!

What would be your new title?
Gordis is offline   Reply With Quote