Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2002, 12:24 AM   #1
Firalphien
Hobbit

Light Of Evil

Hey Guys!

I'm working on this story right now, don't know if I should continue it or not... Actually it's really funny... I've had the LOTR books for about a month now and refrained from reading them (due to upcoming exams) and it's killing me! I wanna read them so bad! Only two more weeks till finals are over..., but anywayz, I'd really appreciate (sp?) if you guys could let me know what you think? It'd mean so much to me. I think I need to do some major work on it yet, but let me know. Remember I haven't read the books... and this is just the Prologue... I'll most likely re-edit it and change it once I've read the books! Thanks Bunches!!!

LIGHT OF EVIL

PROLOGUE

Aura hid behind a tree watching Aragon and Arwen exchange words of deep love to each other. She gasped as she watched Arwen give him her necklace, which was only bestowed to the highest of elves. She touched the chain around her own neck. They were leaving to be with the young hobbit on a journey to Mordor. “Not without me…” She vowed as she slipped back into the woods and sprinted towards the main house. She had always longed for adventure.
Her hair fell past her shoulders and into her face as she quickly prepared her for the journey. She had overheard the meeting with the elders and knew their route. She draped her cloak around her and stared at her reflection in the water bowl, which stood next to her bedside. “No one will know.” She mumbled as she removed the light crown of gold she wore and took off down the stairs and towards the stables towards her horse.

“We’ll get ahead of them.” She patted the horse’s nose as she settled him and took off towards the river that marked Rivendell’s boundaries. She stopped shortly before and got off her horse. She heard voices coming from the river’s shores. She tiptoed towards the shores lightly listening to the voices. It was Legolas. Her one and only true friend, besides Arwen. She grinned at the thought of surprising him, calling it sweet revenge. They had grown up together and she had spent countless nights dreaming of him not only as a friend but also as more. Arwen had warned her numerous times not to fall in love, but she had and she believed he had fallen for her and that it was fate.

“Tell me how much you love me?” Another female elf begged him as she kissed him softly. Legolas had been courting her for a while, but having such a gentle heart he could not speak the words of telling her that it wasn’t so. He did not love her. “I would conquer Mordor in your name, my love.” He spoke the words with no feeling, lying to her. He turned as he heard the crack of some branches nearby and drew his bow, “Who goes there?!” “Orcs must have gotten past the defenses…” She gasped as she hid behind him.

Aura clutched at her chest for she could not answer. Her nails slid down the tree trunk she leaned against slowly sinking to the ground. Such pain enveloped her that she could not breathe. She dropped to her knees and the pain only grew stronger and faster. She could her wind rustling the leaves faintly, felt death coming swiftly upon her. “This is what death feels like…” She gasped as her mind reeled; he had said he loved another woman, Arwen had warned her and she had not listened…

Legolas walked cautiously towards the gasping sound, drawing an arrow into his bow and aiming. Then he saw her, leaning against a tree clutching the earth beneath her in her long fingers. “Aura?!” He cried out as he dropped his bow. He ran to her as he saw her body slowly drop to lay rest on the earth her eyes rolling back into her head and her body resting limply to the forest floor. “Lord Elrond! Hurry!” He shouted at the other girl who stood there watching. He brushed back Aura’s golden hair and watched as her face became paler with every passing second, “Don’t leave me, my friend.” He gathered her into his arms, elves were supposed to be immortal. Thoughts raked through his mind as he sat there holding her listening and knowing she was slipping away from him.

A horse took off through the woods carrying a wrapped up body. Hooves pounded the ground, a race against time. Lord Elrond watched the rider disappear in the distance knowing that he would most likely never see his daughter again.