Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-23-2003, 03:13 PM   #1741
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

re: arien

Thank you arien.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 03:15 PM   #1742
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

Re: re: arien

Quote:
Originally posted by hectorberlioz
Thank you arien.
you're welcome...always glad to help
Arien the Maia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 05:29 PM   #1743
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Quote:
Even without bieng religous, homosexuality is unnatural, its like putting two mismatching puzzle pieces together, and it ruins the whole puzzle.
Tell that to the rest of the Animal Kingdom then. Oh, and I guess that my two male rats were wrong as well. *BAD Pixie! BAD Patches!*
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 06:24 PM   #1744
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally posted by HOBBIT
Hey IR I support you - but I see no point in arguing with this brainwashed lot.
And a friendly hello to you, Tristan, you brainwashed fellow!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 06:39 PM   #1745
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
YES! they've both sinned sexually(have you not read the passages i've posted?) rape and homosexuality are equal sins in gods(and mine and whoever else agrees) eyes and he warned against both. Laugh all you freaking want.
WHOA! Perhaps you do not understand that rape is a violent act against another human being that forceably takes away their personal freedoms, and harms another individual both physically and mentally. Homosexual sex, as well as Heterosexual sex, is a non-violent act of intimacy between two consenting adults. No one violates the other! These are TWO completely different things and yet you have lumped them together as equal!? That is sooooo wrong!

RÃ*an: here's what you said that IR (and myself) are a bit disappointed with...
Quote:
there is no such thing as a "friendly warm happy healthy" homosexual relationship. And monogamy in homosexual relationships, by all accounts I've read, is rare.
This is statement is wrong.

As far as the...
Quote:
two homosexual men kidnapped, tortured and killed a little boy.
What about all the heterosexual men who kidnap, torture and kill little girls? I believe these people are sick, and should be wiped off the face of the earth... and they are not called homosexual or heterosexual... they are called pedophiles. I agree with IR, murder is murder!

Which leads me to my unanswered question from way back in the day....
People say there is a god that answers our prayer. They pray for money, they pray for happiness, they pray that their current petty problems are resolved, and some people pray that Atheists like me (who are completely happy with our lives as is) will see 'the light' and come to accept Jesus as our savior. People also pray for children kidnapped by pedophiles all the time, and that these pedophiles are stopped. Yet, they are not. Pedophiles kidnap, rape, torture and kill children every year all over the world! And nothing is done by this caring and benevolent god. Why does this god favor the woman praying in church for her money problems over some innocent child that spends the last few hours of its life in utter agony and pain!?! It makes no sense at all.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 06:44 PM   #1746
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
its funny how you say "a couple of guys" killed "a homosexual" and yet with the second story you say "two homosexual men" killed a "boy". Why do we need to know who was homosexual? why dont they say a couple of heterosexual guys killed a guy today? why qualify anything? the sheer act of labelling shows us the taboo dynamic there is for homosexuality in our society. murder is murder. we shouldnt have to qualify it. and the same goes for sex. its all sex. shouldnt have to get a detailed description of just kind of act of sex it was to determine if someone is decent or not.
Alright, I got myself into a big hole through one of my particular besetting sins, laziness. I'll try to clear this up now.

From my post as it stood, I think you were right to object to my using the term "homosexual". What happened was that I had typed in the post, then left out "sexually abused" because I wanted to be 100% sure of the details of the case because it was a few years ago. (The boy's name was Dirkhising, if you want to check it out.) I then very stupidly hit "submit reply" anyway - I definitely win "stupid move of the week" award *sigh*. I thought that I could check the details and then come back and add "sexually abused", after I had verified it, before anyone had time to read the post. Yeah, really dumb. Oh well - Entmoot was my first discussion board and I'm still less than a year old here.

Anyway, I think you were right to object.

However, the case did involve the two men sexually abusing the boy, in addition to the other heinous acts. And since I was discussing crimes in the media involving homosexuality, and it was a young BOY that they sexually abused and killed, it was entirely appropriate, IMO, to say that the men were homosexual. And I think that the media really downplayed the case because it is currently not PC, IMO, to report negative things about homosexuals, and it would have taken away some of the attention given to the Shepherd case. I really believe that if there was not homosexuality involved in the Dirkhising case that it would have received more press.

Pedophiles, of any sexual persuation, really make me sick.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 07-23-2003, 06:48 PM   #1747
Rían

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheeana
Tell that to the rest of the Animal Kingdom then. Oh, and I guess that my two male rats were wrong as well. *BAD Pixie! BAD Patches!*
I don't recall anything in the Bible instructing animals to not engage in homosexual sex I imagine his point was that the NORM is heterosexual sex. Is that true?

Old 07-23-2003, 06:51 PM   #1748
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by RÃ*an
And since I was discussing crimes in the media involving homosexuality, and it was a young BOY that they sexually abused and killed, it was entirely appropriate, IMO, to say that the men were homosexual. And I think that the media really downplayed the case because it is currently not PC, IMO, to report negative things about homosexuals, and it would have taken away some of the attention given to the Shepherd case. I really believe that if there was not homosexuality involved in the Dirkhising case that it would have received more press.
However, it was not the fact that these two men were homosexuals that caused the crime against this boy. It was the fact that they were pedophiles and the lowest scum that walk the earth. I know people who are homosexual and have never raped boys, so their sexual preference is not a factor in the crime. By using that as an example in our argument is appauling, PC or not.

Quote:
Pedophiles, of any sexual persuation, really make me sick.
To this, we agree.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:51 PM   #1749
hectorberlioz

re: rian

True, thank you rian.

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 07-23-2003, 07:05 PM   #1750
Ruinel
Banned

god does not love the children

*notices that her question was never answered and probably never will be answered*
Old 07-23-2003, 07:15 PM   #1751
Rían

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
Hey usually its RÃ*an against the heathen world here. Why am I getting triple teamed by the crusaders during my lunch hour.
Tiring, isn't it? That's why I can't get to every post directed to me.

IR, I ask you again - do you think that I, personally, think homosexuals are specially "bad" (the term you had used earlier)?

And I hope you're joking about "RÃ*an against the heathen world here" - I came to Entmoot because I love Tolkien's works. There's mostly non-Christians here. So what? If a Christian-related topic comes up, I state my opinion and explain/defend it. I hope anyone here would do the same. Otherwise, I don't bring up Christianity when it's not related to the topic at hand. In fact, I took a break from the non-Tolkien threads over the last 2 weeks!

I'm not in any way, shape or form "against" the non-Christians here at all, despite the fact that we have different opinions on some religious-type subjects. I'm really amazed at how I can feel that I'm friends with people that I've never even seen. In fact, there's 2 Mooters here that have posted very recently on this thread that I feel really a great affection and friendship towards. I won't name them, because perhaps they would feel embarassed to be named a friend of a Christian - I really don't know - that's probably not a fair statement, but I'm feeling really sad now and falsely accused of disliking homosexuals when it's not true at all.

I feel that if I were ever to get to meet the Mooters that I would want to give them a big hug, then grab a drink and sit down and chat for hours. I have no problem with having hearty disagreements with people and still being their friends. I look for kindness, honesty, humor and intelligence in friends.

Old 07-23-2003, 07:18 PM   #1752
Rían

Re: god does not love the children

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
*notices that her question was never answered and probably never will be answered*
Oh Ruinel ...

What can I say? Have you seen the venting thread recently? I'm going in for surgery soon to remove one of the several enlarged lymph nodes. I'm so stinkin' tired, and it's so irritating to not be able to respond to everything I want to. If Hobbit doesn't mind, I'd like to address your question next, which GrayMouser also brought up. But it will be a slow discussion, and I'm giving prioritiy to a top-level summary I'm typing up (currently 3 pages) for the creationism thread, because I feel a great friendship for Lizra and I want to give her a top-level summary on multiple subjects to work with.

Old 07-23-2003, 07:26 PM   #1753
hectorberlioz

In hearty agreement with your second to last post(and liked your last one too)

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 07-23-2003, 07:27 PM   #1754
Rían

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
However, it was not the fact that these two men were homosexuals that caused the crime against this boy. It was the fact that they were pedophiles and the lowest scum that walk the earth. I know people who are homosexual and have never raped boys, so their sexual preference is not a factor in the crime. By using that as an example in our argument is appauling, PC or not.
You missed my point. My point was that I think it was downplayed in the media because of their homosexuality (the facts being that it was two MEN sexually abusing a BOY). And that's not right. It cuts both ways - there's no reason for a news story to report a person's sexual inclination in a case of forgery, for example, but neither is it right to downplay a crime involving homosexual acts because you want to protect homosexuals, which is what I believe the media is doing.

And I agree that it was because they were pedophiles that the crime occurred.

And I've often thought that if I had a loaded gun, and a pedophile in front of me, that I would be sorely tempted to fire away... I read of a case just recently where men were sexually abusing kids, and photographing the abuse, and distributing the photos over the Internet - and the kids were their own children....

Old 07-23-2003, 07:30 PM   #1755
hectorberlioz

Sick world

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 07-23-2003, 07:43 PM   #1756
Rían

yeah ....

Old 07-23-2003, 08:00 PM   #1757
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
In fact, there's 2 Mooters here that have posted very recently on this thread that I feel really a great affection and friendship towards. I won't name them, because perhaps they would feel embarassed to be named a friend of a Christian
Shame on the person who holds their friendship with someone, no matter what their religion, an embarrassment to themselves.

Quote:
Oh Ruinel ...

What can I say? Have you seen the venting thread recently? I'm going in for surgery soon to remove one of the several enlarged lymph nodes.
Oh, RÃ*an, please forgive me. I forgot about the surgery completely. Please rest up a while. I will be here when you recover. This question is not a priority and neither is your response.
Nai seril, ar nauval polda.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:26 PM   #1758
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
IR- do you think that I, personally, think homosexuals are specially "bad" (the term you had used earlier)?
well after you said what you did about how most gays are unhappy and promiscuous and all that I certainly considered it for a few moments. which is why, as i said, i was rather shocked. you never struck me as having an intolerant bone in your body. then you said that you just feel sorry for them but i dont know if thats much better either. I think you are a caring and genuine person RÃ*an. But i DO believe you are stimied by christian dogma in some arenas and on those very rare occasions it comes off as if you arent open minded and free thinking on some subjects you really should be. but i dont necessarily hold it aginst you.

Quote:
And I hope you're joking about "RÃ*an against the heathen world here"
all i meant by that was that usually when i poke my head in this thread (or some of the other religious related threads) it seems like theres 7 or 8 non christians attacking you from all sides while you spin and wirl to defend yourself. now i may disagree with many of your arguments but ive always thought of you as a decent person and so i guess i kinda felt sorry for you since no other christians (except for occasionaly Leaf) was helping out. thats the main reasons i rarely added my voice to the arguments against you because i felt it would have been redundent and you didnt need another front to defend.

and really i see this message board as significantly christian and fairly conservative in tone and thinking. you say you see it the opposite way?

Quote:
I won't name them, because perhaps they would feel embarassed to be named a friend of a Christian - I really don't know
now why in the world would anyone feel embarrassed to be named a friend of a christian? are you embarrassed to be named a friend of an agnostic? are you disapointed that not EVERYONE you know isnt christian? would it be better if they all were? those questions are just general curiousty. theres no trap waiting there i promise.

Quote:
but I'm feeling really sad now and falsely accused of disliking homosexuals when it's not true at all.
ok how about disliking homosexuality?

Quote:
I feel that if I were ever to get to meet the Mooters that I would want to give them a big hug, then grab a drink and sit down and chat for hours. I have no problem with having hearty disagreements with people and still being their friends. I look for kindness, honesty, humor and intelligence in friends.
well said. i would be very nervous if all my friends thought like me. how can you ever learn that way?

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

Last edited by Insidious Rex : 07-23-2003 at 09:27 PM.
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 10:24 PM   #1759
Silme*Christian
Lady of Lamedon

Do you guys really think I am some kind of monster in a human form?

Jesus scares the "hell" out of people! He rocks!

http://linwe.proboards19.com/index.cgi
Silme*Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 10:35 PM   #1760
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Silme*Christian
Do you guys really think I am some kind of monster in a human form?
now why would we think that silme?

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote