Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 08:42 AM   #1721
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

lol!! Sorry I'm not much help on the ll. You kind of place the tip of your tongue behind your teeth, flat on the roof, and then attempt to say an ess.

Your tongue is placed as though you will say an L, but you say an S instead. It's like doing both at once. And when you move on to the next letter, you do end up making a subtle L sound.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 12-31-2004, 09:53 AM   #1722
katya
Elven Maiden

エレッミレさん、メルフィナちゃん、良いお年を!来年もどおぞよろしくおねがいします![よいおとしを! らいねんもどおぞよろしくおねがいします!]

Last edited by katya : 12-31-2004 at 09:57 AM.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:56 AM   #1723
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Erm... yeah... it is confusing. You really need someone who can do it to show you in person. Your next quest is to find someone who speaks Welsh!
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 01-26-2005, 08:40 PM   #1724
Elemmírë
avocatus diaboli

Can you speak Welsh, Nurvs? All I know is the pronunciations... I need to get back and learn some more.

ごめんなさい、カチャさん! あなたの手紙は 見ませんでした! この筋道 (thread? ) は 死んでいる! 悲しいです。あの、今日 私の 授業は 始まました。四クラスが ありました、でも 私 の 経済がけの 先生は 来ません でした。一番クラスでした!

Wow. This is the babelfish translation of what I just wrote: The め it is do, カチャ! As for your letter you did not see! This logic (Thread? ) It has died! It is sad, is. Shame way it did that, present my class. There were four classes, with the teacher of my economy per seat does not wear, was. Most the saddle it does, was!

I have no idea what that even means. I can't claim that everything I wrote is right, but...

Anyway, since only three people (that I know of ) speak Japanese here...

Est-ce que quelqu'un voudrait écrire Français maintenant? Ou l'Espagnol, ce m'est égal! Ou m'enseignez une autre langue! Je veux parler et aussi avoir 1000 poteaux!

Assuming that poteaux works for posts...

Neil Gaiman

Last edited by Elemmírë : 01-26-2005 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:48 PM   #1725
Embladyne
Honourary Elitist Inklette

I'm not sure If the characters will show up, so I guess I'll stick with pinyin.
Jintian wansheng wo gei wo de penyou dadianhua. Ta he wo shou zhongwen. Women xihuan kan riban dianying, danshi buxihuan ting "dubbed" dianying. Women changchang chu kan waiguo dianying.
Yeah, I hope my grammar doesn't suck...it's a been a little bit, and I should have fuxi wo de lao hanzi, haiyou yuxi wo de xin hanzi. Well, I did a little of that...so that I wasn't completely unprepared for this first class, but still...

My DA page

Last edited by Embladyne : 01-26-2005 at 11:49 PM.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:37 AM   #1726
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Not bad, Embladyne! Yes, there were some mistakes but I can still understand you. Ni de pinyin hen hao. Wo kan dong le. Ni ji nian du Zhongwen?
Old 01-27-2005, 07:01 AM   #1727
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Je vais parler en Francais avec toi Elemmire! Embladyne et Linaewen peuvent parler en Chinois (je pense) au meme temps.

Je croix que "poteaux" est le plureax de "fence posts", et pas un synonyme de ces messages. (Excuses les accents qui manques - j'etape encore avec juste un main.)

Est-ce que "etape" veux dire "typing"?
Quote:
Old 01-27-2005, 08:59 AM   #1728
katya
Elven Maiden

コンイチハ、エレッミレさん!おひっさしぶりですね。(spelling?) 今このTHREADはもう死んでいないとおもう。あなたのポストは正しかったとおもう。じゃ、学校に行かな きゃ!ちこくしそうだ。だいじょうぶでしょうけど...

Yeah, Babel Fish is basically useless when it comes to Japanese.

あ、フランス語が出来ないのに...
Old 01-27-2005, 10:45 AM   #1729
Elemmírë
avocatus diaboli

Who'd of thought that this thread would have both Chinese and Japanese going at the same time?

Nurvingiel: Oui, elles parlent Chinois, bien que je déj* l'ai dit ^ ici ^. Je ne sais pas pourquoi je le dis un autre temps dans le même "post". Moi, quand je lis le "pinyin", je vois seulement une groupe des lettres au hasard... Fence posts! C'est drôle. Est-ce que quelqu'un connait le vrai parole pour "post"? Et pour "thread" aussi. En Japonais j'ai écrit "ligne du raisonnement", qui est le seule traduction que je pouvais trouver dans mon dictionaire japonais! Je ne connais le mot "etape", mais j'ai essayé de le chercher dans mon dictionaire, et accidentellement le chercher dans le dictionaire japonais!

カチャ: 今 ここに 私は フランス語で 書きたいですが 書きません! 私は さいしょに 日本語で  書くべきである。(I don't know if that is even half right... I only know basic grammar still...) 冬休みから、私は 日本語が 忘れました! よくないです! 私は 大変 勉強します! Bablefis hは 恐ろしいです、でも 私は あのばしょで かんじを 習う!

Neil Gaiman

Last edited by Elemmírë : 01-27-2005 at 04:14 PM.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:57 AM   #1730
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quand vous écrivez en symboles Japonais au lieu de Romanji, je juste vois les ???s.

What is "question mark" in French? ! est une point d'exclamation.

I named my new house plant "lille van", Swedish for "little friend". Is that right?
Quote:
Old 01-27-2005, 11:01 AM   #1731
katya
Elven Maiden

ョ!母はとてもやさしい!今日、学校へ行かなくてもいいと言った。だから、私はまだ家にいる。あのう、しつ もんがあるんですけど・・・「私は さいしょに 日本語で  書くべきである。」英語で何ですか?ごめん、わからなかった。

Also, I guess it's ok if I continue to type in kanji? You know, if you copy the text onto MS Word or something, you should be able to right click to see the reading, so then you can look it up in the dictionary. That's what I do anyway. I learn a lot more kanji like that, but if you'd rather I typed all in hiragana, I can do that too.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:01 AM   #1732
Beren3000
Fëanorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
"etape" avec un é, veut dire "step". Quant * "typing", je crois que le mot tu cherches est "imprimer", mais ce mot est souvent utilisé pour dire "print", donc je ne suis pas très sûr que c'est le mot correct.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:11 AM   #1733
katya
Elven Maiden

Quote:
Quand vous écrivez en symboles Japonais au lieu de Romanji, je juste vois les ???s.
What's that mean?
Old 01-27-2005, 11:25 AM   #1734
Elemmírë
avocatus diaboli

Quote:
Originally Posted by katya
What's that mean?
ヌルヴィンギエルは ???を みます。彼女の コンピューターで ひらがなを みません。

Neil Gaiman
Old 01-27-2005, 11:31 AM   #1735
Elemmírë
avocatus diaboli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beren3000
"etape" avec un é, veut dire "step". Quant * "typing", je crois que le mot tu cherches est "imprimer", mais ce mot est souvent utilisé pour dire "print", donc je ne suis pas très sûr que c'est le mot correct.
Où est Eärniel? Je pense qu'elle saura!

Quand je vois le tense futur pour "savoir" je pense toujours de Sauron! Nous saurons? Quel horrible!

You can continue with the kanji, Katya. It definitely helps me. I'll respond to your post in Japanese as soon as I get back from my next class (I have to leave in 15 minutes). Right now I'm too tired to switch over to Japanese... After years of French (even if it was just high school ), I can figure it out easily enough... but my Japanese is still quite miserable.

Neil Gaiman
Old 01-27-2005, 11:32 AM   #1736
katya
Elven Maiden

First, I think you would say "hiragana ga miemasen" (to omou...actually I was thinking you said "wo miemasen" which should've been "ga miemasen" but whatever). I was wondering whether she wanted to see it in Romaji.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:36 PM   #1737
Elemmírë
avocatus diaboli

I suppose... コンピューターは ひらがなが 見えません。(konpyuutaa wa hiragana ga miemasen)...
I was trying to say that she couldn't see hiragana on her computer, but I left out the "could" part, because I don't quite know how to do that correctly yet, so I tried to say "she does not see hiragana on her computer." コンピューターで ひらがなを 見ません。(konpyuutaa de hiragana o mimasen). Not as good Japanese as the other, though, I suppose.

Maybe we should continue with romaji as well as hiragana/katakana/kanji... It'll sure solve my kanji problem.

Neil Gaiman
Old 01-27-2005, 04:00 PM   #1738
Elemmírë
avocatus diaboli

私は さいしょに 日本語で かくべきである。 (Watashi wa saisho ni Nihongo de kaku beki de aru). I was attempting to say "I should have written in Japanese first" in that post, since when I started writing it, I was half thinking in French, which is not a good way to start writing Japanese... It's probably not at all right, though.

あなたの母は優しいですよ!あのう、「行かなくてもいいと言った」は 何ですか? 
(anata no haha wa yasashii desu yo! [kanji for iku - to go, kanakutemoiito - kanji I don't know - tta ] wa nan desu ka?)

Does the 行 involve a tense I'm not familiar with yet?

私はとても疲れたですから、クラスが 恐ろしかったです!
(Watashi wa totemo tsukareta desu kara, kurasu ga osoroshikatta desu!)

Do other people want the English translations of our conversation added in also? I swear I won't cheat too much

Neil Gaiman

Last edited by Elemmírë : 01-27-2005 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:10 PM   #1739
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Je croix que "poteaux" est le plureax de "fence posts", et pas un synonyme de ces messages. (Excuses les accents qui manques - j'etape encore avec juste un main.)

Je n'ai pas d'idée quel mot français nous pouvons utiliser pour 'posts' en Anglais. Peut-être 'messages'?

Et dit entre nous, selon moi 'to type' est 'taper' sans le 'e' en Français. Un étappe est un part d'un voyage. Imprimer est en effet 'to print'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elemmire
Est-ce que quelqu'un connait le vrais parole pour "post"? Et pour "thread" aussi.
Je pense que nous pouvons traduire 'thread' en 'conversation'.

Quote:
What is "question mark" in French? ! est une point d'exclamation.
C'est un point d'interrogation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elemmire
Où est Eärniel? Je pense qu'elle saura!

Quand je vois le tense futur pour "savoir" je pense toujours de Sauron! Nous saurons? Quel horrible!
Je suis ici! Je suis ici! J'étais * l'école en après ça en route.

Lol, 'savoir' ne me fait pas penser * Sauron, mais au 'dinosaure'. Mais je pense que cela c'est seulement moi avec mon intéresse en la préhistoire.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:31 PM   #1740
Elemmírë
avocatus diaboli

I love this thread! It's like the Café in foreign languages! A loophole!

I spelt "vrai" wrong! How could I do that! Well... since I've misspelled things in English too... It just seems more wrong when I do it in French... Can't say the same about Japanese, I don't even know when I'm misspelling that half the time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
Je suis ici! Je suis ici! J'étais * l'école en après ça en route.
Tu es en retard. Bonjour! Bonjour! Comment était ton jour? Il y a temps (comme aujourd'hui) quand je déteste l'école. J'étais si fatigue que je ne pouvais * peine penser en Anglais... et dans la classe de japonais...

Eärniel, je sais que tu sois (I think that might be right... I never actually learned that tense...) belgique. Est-ce que Français est ta première langue, ou Flamand? Ou Allemand? Ou une autre...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
Lol, 'savoir' ne me fait pas penser * Sauron, mais au 'dinosaure'. Mais je pense que cela c'est seulement moi avec mon intéresse en la préhistoire.
Quand j'ai appris le tense futur (is that right, btw? ), j'étais obsédée par les histoires de Tolkien... erm... je suis encore...

Neil Gaiman
Closed Thread