Old 12-08-2002, 08:59 PM   #1721
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

I really really want chicken, some form of chicken...but i'm eating celery

This one is deactivated, I think.
Old 12-08-2002, 10:16 PM   #1722
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

No one is seems to be on entmoot! Ther are some people, but non are in the forums I'm in!

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
Old 12-09-2002, 05:15 AM   #1723
Draken
Elf Lord

Just keep your cool Miranda and you'll be fine - if she says anything just laugh it off. Good luck!

....or am I?
Old 12-09-2002, 12:41 PM   #1724
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

I hate feeling depressed, and i hate feeling sad yet not crying because i never cry, and i hate people who can't tell the difference between the two and cry for sympathy and pretend to be sad when really they don't know the frickin meaning of the word, and i hate that i have absolutely zero motivations, getting up in the morning is so difficult when you realise the world will still go on even if you don't because you don't matter enough for anyone to care, and i hate feeling like no one cares, and i hate not caring at all, and i hate that i could do really well at school if i tried b ut i just can't be bothered and everyone around me is going to pass with flying colours because they either try or don't give a f*** but are so clever it doesn't matter at all....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGG!!! *collapses*

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 12-09-2002, 12:51 PM   #1725
Nibs
Head Hollara

Quote:
Originally posted by Aeryn
AWWW isn't that cute? You sing *pinches Nibby's cheeks*
Did you know I call my dog Nubby? You could be my dogs long lost twin!!
Uh, thanks?

By the way, I did conquer. It was quite fun.

Quote:
Originally posted by Aeryn
** Anyway: Vent: has anyone had one of those days where you get up and somehow discover that you've lost some vital coordination skills? I think I'm going to have a black eye!!
I usually get it when I stretch in the morning, soon after waking up... then I find myself on the floor, knowing how I got there, but still wondering. I'm fortunate to have not harmed myself yet... except my reputation in Biology class years ago...

*stretch* CLONK

Quite amusing in retrospect.

I'm still freakin' sick. But that's okay... I'm not singing a solo today.

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:32 PM   #1726
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Elfmaster XK
...and i hate feeling like no one cares, and i hate not caring at all...
I care! I care! Don't get mad!! Don't be depressed!! People do care they're just too stupid to actually lend a hand here and there so you know someone on the face of the earth is at least a little concerned about whats happening in your life!!!

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Old 12-09-2002, 05:18 PM   #1727
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Elfmaster XK
I hate feeling depressed, and i hate feeling sad yet not crying because i never cry, and i hate people who can't tell the difference between the two and cry for sympathy and pretend to be sad when really they don't know the frickin meaning of the word, and i hate that i have absolutely zero motivations, getting up in the morning is so difficult when you realise the world will still go on even if you don't because you don't matter enough for anyone to care, and i hate feeling like no one cares, and i hate not caring at all, and i hate that i could do really well at school if i tried b ut i just can't be bothered and everyone around me is going to pass with flying colours because they either try or don't give a f*** but are so clever it doesn't matter at all....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGG!!! *collapses*
Awwwww, what you need is a ...... MOOTHUG!

*gives XK a glass of wine to make her feel better*
Old 12-09-2002, 05:20 PM   #1728
Miranda
'Bohemian princess of Covent Garden

HAVE A HISTORY TEST TOMORROW AND FRENCH SPEAKING CLASS WITH THE EVIL EXCHANGE TEACHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHH! MUCHO MAD MIMI!!!!! I hate tuesdays at school- no neg frees, half a free taken up by doing pointless french tongue twisters with the evil french woman who scares me, and evil history tests. OH WILL THE WORLD SWALLOW ME WHOLE NOW AND LET ME DANCE WITH THE DEVIL IN HELL ITSELF!!!! Mx
Old 12-09-2002, 05:41 PM   #1729
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Sorry, EXK I care, too *puts an Entmoot hug on her favorite arrow, shoots it over the pond to EXK* I hope your shoulder is feeling better, too.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 12-09-2002, 07:51 PM   #1730
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Don't think that your life is pountless, I promise that it WILL get better! This may sound like one of those easer said then done things, but it usaully works for me when I am filling bleu. Think "will life get any better if I sit her and complain?" No, of course not, unless you have fun complaning ! Seriosly, I love to complane and fill bad for myself, but if I just forse myself to smile, and a fake little lauf, then life gets better! Plus, think of a happy time! Sounds wierd, but just try it! No life is pountless! Have you ever helped someone? Loved someone? hugged, kissed, babysat, or smiled at someone? Have you ever said please or thankyou? Yes? then your life is not puintless!

FRODO LIVES!
Old 12-09-2002, 08:05 PM   #1731
TinuvielChild
Padawan

I hate that the Frau's once-a-year Christmas party at her house is at the exact same time as my orthodontist appointment, and I might be getting my braces off, and we can't even reschedule. Grr! Hope everyone feels cheerier when TTT comes out!

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!

Last edited by TinuvielChild : 12-09-2002 at 08:09 PM.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:12 PM   #1732
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Me to! And after TTT, I'll only have 1 more day of art!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, lets talk about art. It stinks.

FRODO LIVES!
Old 12-10-2002, 12:35 AM   #1733
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Ugh - I'm tired and achy, I hope I'm not coming down with something, and the kitchen is a mess - I'm halfway thru cleaning out all the cabinets! On the good side, though, I'm making a lot of progress, and it feels good to get rid of some of the things that just clutter the place up (like the electric wok I got for a wedding present 16 years ago that I've used twice). I think I might play extended version LoTR with one of the commentaries on to inspire me - I can listen to the commentary, but I don't really need to look, so maybe I can finish the cabinets tonight.

Oh, to be wandering thru Lórien with my bow, instead of cleaning the kitchen ..... Hey, EXK, wanna join me in Lórien?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 12-10-2002, 01:34 AM   #1734
WiseWizard
Elven Warrior

Location: the darkest region of Mirkwood (and trust me, it's really dark)
Well, to make things simple (and trust me, this is the simple version)
Part 1: A while ago my friend went to homecoming with a girl thinking that they were going as more than friends. That girl thought they were going just as friends. So for a few days he still thought that they were more than friends, but then she told him she thought they were still just friends.
Part 2: My relationship with my now former girlfriend was on the rocks so we kind of mutually agreed that we'll just stay as what we've practically always been, friends.
Part 3: I fell in love with the girl who thought that she was going to homecoming just as a friend, and she fell in love with me.
Part 4: Friend who was turned down pretty much went into cycle of depression lasting months, and I didn't want to push him farther down that by telling him that the girl and I were in love, so the girl and I kept things secret.
Part 5: Our relationship becomes obvious to friend, who pulls m aside today and asks if I like her. I won't lie, so I say yes and thank god he has a psychologist he can turn to. He takes it hard and when I try to explain why I didn't tell him sooner, he listens with his ears, but not with his mind or heart. He then begins to shun my company and hide his now growing depression which I feared would occur in the first place.

So in finale: I'm feeling horrible for my friend, and wouldn't doubt if he kept shunning my company until the end of the year and possibly further. And he tried to feed me some bullcrap about that he didn't like her anymore and would be okay with it if I had told him sooner, and some other stuff which were obviously lies, but the truth is so plainly obvious that it hurts. So in simpler words, today sucked.
------------------------------------------------
"It's been a while since I've been 130." -Aaron Reichgott
You know, the world's full of apathy...but I don't care.
"I would've honked, but I might have hit you." -Janaki
"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have gone to college that year." -Lewis Black
"I have one speed which varies according to my mood." -Kristy Pihl
"When I get a fever, I can hear my mom's voice in my head. But she's alive, not dead, so it's not as exciting." -Anna Crandall
"It doesn't matter what your body type is, as long as you're bloodthirsty." -Rachel Carlson
-------------------------------------------------
"My mind is a whirling miasma." -Jeff E.
"I think earth is the Alabama of the universe and we don't even know it."
"You can't just apologize the laziness of my bunnies away." -Taylor S.B.
I'm a sadistic massochist. I'm always happy.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:55 AM   #1735
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Another bad day at work. That is it. I'm thoroughly sick of their unprofessionalism. I think I'm going to resign.
Old 12-10-2002, 05:33 AM   #1736
Dunadan
The Quite Querulous Quendi

Rian - congratulations on chucking the mathom! I used to have a house full of 'em. When I got divorced, I discovered that my ex had divided the wedding presents "equally": she got all the useful ones and I got the mathoms! I'm a hoarder by nature but have finally chucked 'em all. It's great to have space again.

WW - that's a really sad story. I've been in your friend's situation, and it sucks, believe me. I don't think you can do much other than be honest. It sounds like you've done right. Hopefully he'll find someone and you can all be friends at some point in the future, though it probably won't be for a while. Give him time, and don't let it spoil what you've got with your new love.

BoP - work hell sucks worse than love hell (well, nearly). Have you got another job to go to? Why not get one first? It's MUCH more satisfying to walk out on turkeys when they know you're off to something better.

Good luck everyone

cheers

d.
Old 12-10-2002, 06:28 AM   #1737
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
Originally posted by Elenka
I care! I care! Don't get mad!! Don't be depressed!! People do care they're just too stupid to actually lend a hand here and there so you know someone on the face of the earth is at least a little concerned about whats happening in your life!!!
Quote:
Awwwww, what you need is a ...... MOOTHUG!

*gives XK a glass of wine to make her feel better*
Quote:
Sorry, EXK I care, too *puts an Entmoot hug on her favorite arrow, shoots it over the pond to EXK* I hope your shoulder is feeling better, too.
Quote:
Hey, EXK, wanna join me in Lórien?

Quote:
Don't think that your life is pountless...
Awww..thanks everyone. People care. I'm astonsihed. I just get angry sometimes with the people in this place *Glances at school* They're all so superficial...and petty, makes me sick. Rìan, i am there! *grabs bow*

Quote:
Think "will life get any better if I sit her and complain?" No, of course not, unless you have fun complaning
"I wasn't complaining...actually i was, but now you've made me feel stupid about it. I hate that."

Ahh, still able to quote, even when the world sucks so much.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 12-10-2002, 11:25 AM   #1738
Sween
im quite stupid

got some damn abusive clients at the moment took them to a friends resturant for lunch and they complained about everything

some people just need to be put down
Old 12-10-2002, 02:06 PM   #1739
Rían

Quote:
Originally posted by Dunadan
Rian - congratulations on chucking the mathom!
What a fun idea to think of them as "mathoms"! I like that, it will cheer me up as I work. I'm halfway thru, and it feels great (and looks so much better, too ) I'm donating the good, useable stuff to the local charity stores. (like I have about 8 perfectly good glass casserole dishes - wedding presents, etc. - I certainly don't need 8!) Then people that can't afford to buy new can still get some good useable items, and my kitchen is less cluttered.

EXK - Yes!!! Lórien, here we come!!! *shoots arrow high into sky, hopes it doesn't hit anyone on the way down*

Old 12-10-2002, 02:19 PM   #1740
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Vent
By Anduril.

When I got my subs installed on Saturday, the pathetically incompetent installers failed to take into account the depth of the 6x9 magnets under the parcel shelf.

Idiots.

So, they proceeded to stick the enclosure into the boot (you crazy merkians and others call it the "trunk"), but found that the 6x9 magnets were in the way. So what do they do? They pull the box right out to the front of the trun -- I mean BOOT, so now it fits....

....but whence went mine bootspace, goddammit?

Additionally, the acoustic positioning of the subs has badly affected the sound.

And I'm beginning to think that the 1200W amp is too weak.

The end.
Closed Thread