Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 12:32 AM   #1
TinuvielChild
Padawan

More vents about stupid science project:

Ever try analyzing 23 data points on a program that you haven't used for 4 years and thus no longer remember how to operate, on a computer with a tiny moniter, and a mouse whose buttons stick and a mousepad that probably provides less traction than the table it's sitting on? At 11:30 at night? Oy. I'm giving up for tonight, and continuing on the better computer around five in the morning, after my mom leaves to catch an airplane to Mexico for a technical conference. Then TS and I shall gang up on our bio teacher and beg, plead, bribe, and command him to make the due date for these damned projects a week later! Let's hope it works...

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 12-02-2002, 12:54 AM   #2
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
science project again:

I've tried 3 times, melted a hole in the plastic table top, a spoon turned red, and I mopped the floor three times, why me?
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 12-02-2002, 01:16 AM   #3
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Sween
my dad runs a succesful business that brings in over 3million a year he did chemistry
I assume he didn't put that chemistry degree to good use? Well, I rest my case then.

Quote:
Originally posted by samwiselvr2008
What do you mean my browser? What is a browser? *Looks at all of the astonished faces* What? I'm not good at computers! *shocked faces still looking at me*
That window that you're viewing the internet in. You know: like Internet Explorer, or Netscape.
Old 12-02-2002, 06:28 AM   #4
Sween
im quite stupid

bloody driving test was cancled because the test person was feeling a bit ill.

next test date i seem to be able to get is january 10th wooo ****ing hoo. i was all phyced up and everything and i was gonna pass i just knew it.

Made my instuctor give us a practice test to get it out my system and i only got 1 minor no i have to wait over a mouth to pass and grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i need to hit something.

i cannot put into words just how p****d off i am
Old 12-02-2002, 06:48 AM   #5
Miranda
'Bohemian princess of Covent Garden

Quote:
bloody driving test was cancled because the test person was feeling a bit ill.

next test date i seem to be able to get is january 10th wooo ****ing hoo. i was all phyced up and everything and i was gonna pass i just knew it.

Made my instuctor give us a practice test to get it out my system and i only got 1 minor no i have to wait over a mouth to pass and grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i need to hit something.

i cannot put into words just how p****d off i am
You poor thing!!!!! It must be so frustrating when you're totally geared up for something then some B****r cancels on you!!! Happens all the time here- especially with exams in class. You've swotted all night, stayed up until four in the morning trying to remember things you will have no use for in the future and what happens- the teacher's not there and you have to sit the test next week instead. Oh well, life's a B***h and then you die! Mx
Old 12-02-2002, 07:27 AM   #6
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Miranda
You poor thing!!!!! It must be so frustrating when you're totally geared up for something then some B****r cancels on you!!! Happens all the time here- especially with exams in class. You've swotted all night, stayed up until four in the morning trying to remember things you will have no use for in the future and what happens- the teacher's not there and you have to sit the test next week instead. Oh well, life's a B***h and then you die! Mx
yeah but this is much worse than an exam because i will use this everyday for the rest of my life and i am sick to death of busses. well i went down to the test centre to voice my opinions in person (allways the best option) and have managed to get one for 20th of december and if any more come up before then they are mine.

Had a go at them for the orginasation they should have procedures in place for such things.

bloody muppet operation
Old 12-02-2002, 08:33 AM   #7
Miranda
'Bohemian princess of Covent Garden

Quote:
yeah but this is much worse than an exam because i will use this everyday for the rest of my life and i am sick to death of busses. well i went down to the test centre to voice my opinions in person (allways the best option) and have managed to get one for 20th of december and if any more come up before then they are mine.

Had a go at them for the orginasation they should have procedures in place for such things.

bloody muppet operation
Good for you!!!!! Good luck for the test when you finally get to take it! I'll have my fingers crossed! I'll never be allowed behind the wheel of a car so I'm sticking to buses and trains. Mx
Old 12-02-2002, 10:05 PM   #8
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Quote:

bloody muppet operation
Maybe you can get it before then and you can drive to the theater on Dec. 18th!? Probally can't but you can still look foreward to driving to it later. Next year, about when school starts, I'll get to take drivers edd. Hopefully they will let me take the driving test for the pre- lisence thing (don't remember what it is called) and then I can drive to the theater at least ones to get to see ROTK (with my mom in the car, of course). My life is senterd around 2 things, LOTR and Jesus!

Since there are probaly no smileys allowd in this thread, I geuss I have to vent some. This is easy: Lots of homework not even started, have to finish all exsept for the last chapter of FOTR for a group thing at school by Dec. 12th (I've read it before, but I have to read it again for class), have a project on some stupid animal, and have to look up junk on rap music, and right a thing about it. Not a report, just 20 sentinces telling why I agree or disagree with the statement "all rap music is stupid." I got the assiment today, and it is deu tomorow. It would be easy, but we have to have lirics, exsamples, songs, artists, ect., and I never listen to rap music. Plus, I have to stop typing every couple of minutes to rub my hand, wich is all red from raking and filling leef bags for 3 1/2 hours strate (earned $7, wich if I get .25 cents, then I get to buy another ticket for TTT!). Anyways, better start on the liricks thing, have to go, I'll try to live through it. I HATE RAP!!!

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
Old 12-03-2002, 01:38 AM   #9
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Some rap is good. Run DMC are really funny, and the Sugarhill Gang were pretty good too.

Ugh. My neck frickin' hurts! It feels like I've got a couple of overweight evil sadistic imps sitting on my shoulders, pounding away at my neck, and temporal region.
Old 12-03-2002, 01:54 AM   #10
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Get someone to give you a good backrub: the cure for all ills!

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 12-03-2002, 01:57 AM   #11
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I would, but the BF's back rubs are more akin to sports massages, than gentle relaxing soothing back rubs. I usually end up tenser than when I started out. *sigh* Guess it'll have to be the painkillers. Where's the dratted ibuprofen when you need it?

Ptoichey! Just had a mouthful of wine that had vinegarised. Blech.

Last edited by BeardofPants : 12-03-2002 at 03:47 AM.
Old 12-03-2002, 06:27 AM   #12
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
I would, but the BF's back rubs are more akin to sports massages, than gentle relaxing soothing back rubs. I usually end up tenser than when I started out. *sigh* Guess it'll have to be the painkillers. Where's the dratted ibuprofen when you need it?

Ptoichey! Just had a mouthful of wine that had vinegarised. Blech.
i once considred been a mssure apprentally im quite good. Big gental hands you see .

still p****d off from yesterday and yes been able to drive to see lord of the rings by myself was and still is my aim
Old 12-03-2002, 11:24 AM   #13
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Your hands sound very exciting Sween! ( I think I've been hanging with Anduril too long. )
Old 12-03-2002, 11:46 AM   #14
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
Your hands sound very exciting Sween! ( I think I've been hanging with Anduril too long. )
quite possibly
Old 12-03-2002, 07:04 PM   #15
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! !!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for letting me vent my angry feelings. I am mad. I completely flunked my math test-got a C-. I'm truly doomed when my parents find out.

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Old 12-03-2002, 07:58 PM   #16
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

i thought completely flunking was an F.
Old 12-03-2002, 08:02 PM   #17
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
Not if you're a straight A student, then anything lower than a "B" will be considered failure by the family (including self), if not the school.
Old 12-03-2002, 08:27 PM   #18
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

*sigh* I miss the days before University, when 'A's were run of the mill occurences.

the sun set at 4:13pm. how depressing.
Old 12-03-2002, 08:28 PM   #19
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Flumonia caught up with me............with avengence.....going to bed..post tomorrow..........blech.

Beatallica
Old 12-03-2002, 09:03 PM   #20
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

My mom is making cookies for school! Stuppy teachers don't need cookies! I want cookies!

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
Closed Thread