Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2002, 11:16 PM   #1641
Duddun
I Antha

Oh yah, I should probably get started on my science project. Hey, my last name is Mahoney! It's no one I'm related to though. Mines not due for a while but still...
I'm Not Evil!
If the critics say it's good, is it really That good?
It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's a balloon!
Duddun, Son of Bubbun
Old 11-30-2002, 11:17 PM   #1642
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
evil person
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 11-30-2002, 11:22 PM   #1643
Duddun
I Antha

I'M NOT EVIL! I have nothing to do with him! Now everyone hates me.
I'm Not Evil!
Duddun, Son of Bubbun
Old 11-30-2002, 11:30 PM   #1644
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
that wasn't what i meant, i meant yours wasn't due yet...
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 12-01-2002, 12:00 AM   #1645
Duddun
I Antha

Oh, we just got ours though.
I'm Not Evil!
Duddun, Son of Bubbun
Old 12-01-2002, 12:04 AM   #1646
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

okay, if I ever finish typing this, then please help me! this is so anoying me, so please exscuse my tyrping mistakes because I can berly see what I am typing, almost everytime I press a booten, or move the mouse, my computer gose crazy and scrolls up and down the page, so while typing this, whenever I press a key, it's off!!! please tell me what i can do so that I can read stuff and reply to it, and this only happens on the internet.

Anyways, and still exscuse my mistakes, tomorow will be the annaversery of my broken leg, it will be one year ago that I have broken my leg, and just thinking about it makes it hurt. I broke it akting stupid, and I now have metle junk in it. Tomorow it will be one year.... makes me sad, 57 more minutes of it not being a hole year...

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
Old 12-01-2002, 12:07 AM   #1647
Duddun
I Antha

Don't know what you can do about your comp.
What are you gonna do tomorrow?
I'm Not Evil!
Duddun, Son of Bubbun
Old 12-01-2002, 12:17 AM   #1648
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Poor samwise. Wish I could help. My computer's being a !@#$%^&*! too, but not that bad.

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Old 12-01-2002, 12:17 AM   #1649
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Nothing speacail. Nothing exsiting to do! I'm not gonna do anything just because I broke my leg one year ago, other then maybe think about it. Nope nothing speacail, half the world wont know, and wont ceer. And I like it more that way. I just hope that family and friends wont bug me about it. 45 more minutes.

FRODO LIVES!
Old 12-01-2002, 12:41 AM   #1650
BeardofPants
the Shrike

My computer does that sometimes too. I'm not sure what causes it. Have you tried changing your browser?
Old 12-01-2002, 12:46 AM   #1651
Duddun
I Antha

Quote:
Originally posted by samwiselvr2008
Nothing speacail. Nothing exsiting to do! I'm not gonna do anything just because I broke my leg one year ago, other then maybe think about it. Nope nothing speacail, half the world wont know, and wont ceer. And I like it more that way. I just hope that family and friends wont bug me about it. 45 more minutes.
More than half the world won't know. Atleast you didn't imitate the movie Jackass. You didn't did you?
I'm Not Evil!
Duddun, Son of Bubbun
Old 12-01-2002, 04:25 AM   #1652
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

merble. i have to get up 'early' tomorrow. that means before about 10am for me so i can go back to portland on the train. well. i don't like the train. last time i had to sit next to these noxious little children that were noisy and annoying. anyway, that means i have finals soon. scary. *runs away in terror* i don't want finals. i've learned enough, now can't i just enjoy break and go see TTT on opening day instead of having a biology final? argh. i don't like biology anymore.

i really hate how my dad sort of sneers at my decision to major in history and art. that's what i want to do, can't he accept that? no instead he has to be disappointed that i won't major in a science. he thinks i won't get anywhere with a history major. so what if he's right, aren't i supposed to do what i WANT to do, what i like the most? i don't like bio anymore, sorry

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 12-01-2002, 02:28 PM   #1653
BeardofPants
the Shrike

You wouldn't get anywhere with a science degree either. Just ask all those chem majors what they're doing now.
Old 12-01-2002, 06:25 PM   #1654
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
You wouldn't get anywhere with a science degree either. Just ask all those chem majors what they're doing now.
my dad runs a succesful business that brings in over 3million a year he did chemistry
Old 12-01-2002, 07:21 PM   #1655
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Quote:
My computer does that sometimes too. I'm not sure what causes it. Have you tried changing your browser?
What do you mean my browser? What is a browser? *Looks at all of the astonished faces* What? I'm not good at computers! *shocked faces still looking at me*

Quote:
More than half the world won't know. Atleast you didn't imitate the movie Jackass. You didn't did you?
I haven't seen he movie, but I dout that it was nothing even close to what happend to me. What happend last year was painfull and stupid. It cossed me to have six metal screws and one rod in my leg. What I did was nothing that ANY movie would be able to imatate (okay, so maybe they could), and if they could, then NO ONE would even want to coppy it. The memories are so painfull that I wont even think about it in full details, much less tell anyone else. I tried to think about it in full details ones, it made my leg hurt, and it also mentally hurt me. So I stopped, and I hope that I will forget each and every detail. I don't want to remember. I would pay any amount to forget it all. All I'll tell you is that I was playing in construction, and then went to the hospital, and at 11:00 had a surgery, and then was in the hospital for 2-3 days. If you go back some and read some of my other posts then you will find this in greater detail, I just don't fill like it now.

Walking around today, I felt like Frodo one year after he was stabbed. My leg hurt, and my score stuck out. I know that no one probally saw it, that it wasn't more noticable to any one else then it was before, but it was and still is to me. I hate my leg, but I am so happy that I still have it. If I coulden't fill my toes, then I wouldn't have my leg right now. And if the junk had hit in a diffrent spot- then I would be dead.

Praise God that I am as well as I am now!!!

FRODO LIVES!
Old 12-01-2002, 08:19 PM   #1656
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's better

Vent: My parents are straining my nerves TO THE LIMIT!!!!!! What I really need is to slam doors, and stomp my feet, and scream, really long and loud....

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Old 12-01-2002, 09:40 PM   #1657
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Quote:
WHAT? I'm going to be poor for the rest of my life? Nooo.......

Vent: I wish people would update their fan fiction. I've been waiting nearly two weeks for any update on a really good story. Plus my bathroom smells of vomit. I really don't want to go into the details of that story, needless to say it wasn't me who got really drunk and vomited all over the bathroom.
Old 12-01-2002, 11:27 PM   #1658
TinuvielChild
Padawan

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somewhat better...science project due in two days, haven't even started the data analysis or the report. This is worth like a quarter of my term grade. I just finished collecting my data today! Somebody shoot me now...or shoot Mr. Mahoney...that might work, actually...*ponders* Waaaaaaaaaahhhhh....

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 12-01-2002, 11:29 PM   #1659
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Re: Okay, El's turn to vent!

Vent - I've been so busy over the Thanksgiving holiday with family and friends and food (wait! that's not so bad!) that I've hardly had time to 'Moot!

Quote:
Originally posted by Eleniel
Dude, how many things in a person's life can go wrong? ... What kind of a mess have I gotten myself into? Should I have just kept my mouth shut and stayed crushed and hurt?
I read your vent, Eleniel, and it's been in my mind, so now that I have a bit of time, I was going to try to share something that might help you a bit. It's rather old-fashioned, but then, so am I! (I'm 43). And not everything that is old is bad... ... Anyway, I hope it may help you.

What I wanted to recommend was that you go out of your way to do something kind (at least one thing, maybe more) for your family and friends, especially those that you have been hurt by, every day for at least a week. I have found that when we try to grab for happiness, then we are often disappointed, because our expectations aren't met; but when we focus on giving happiness, we often end up happy ourselves, mainly because we get less self-centered. You can't control others, but you CAN control your own actions and choose to be kind and loving.

Also, just reflect on your many blessings - I imagine you had Thanksgiving dinner in a warm house with lots of food. I would recommend that you look around for some opportunities to help others that are less fortunate than you, especially as Christmas approaches. There are many good charities around. My family just made up our Christmas boxes for Samaritan's Purse, an organization that distributes gift boxes for kids around the world that would not otherwise get presents. We also usually participate in the Angel Tree program, which is providing presents for kids whose fathers are in prison and can't afford gifts. Also, my oldest son and husband go several times a year to help build houses for people in need of basic shelter.

And over our day-after-Thanksgiving meal at my house, we talked about our extended family participating in the really cool "buy an animal for a family" programs that are around now, where you send in money to buy an appropriate animal for families in need, and the organization arranges things, including teaching care and supervising construction of the animal's "housing" (whatever it's called ), etc. The best ones are where the people receiving have to contribute "sweat equity" - in other words, they have to assist with the building, etc., and then keep things going by giving the first offspring to someone else in need.

Relationships are difficult - I will just say that often some of the best ones are formed when helping others...

Anyway, just some old-fashioned (but good, IMHO )advice from a concerned Entmooter! I hope it helps.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 12-01-2002 at 11:32 PM.
Old 12-02-2002, 12:05 AM   #1660
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
Today was:

No further comment, thank you!
Closed Thread