Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2002, 01:43 AM   #1621
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Quote:
Originally posted by TwirlingString
Aeryn: not mentioned, I'm the person who tries to avoid Eleniel on Fridays so that she can't make me late for anime club. They both happen to be really good friends and I could have sworn that Eleniel at the least was incapable of getting mad at bev. Would you believe that everyone involved in this is on entmoot?
Actually not true. Only Eleniel, Bev, Bob, and TS are on the 'moot. While Sara and Lisa are both Tolkien fans, we haven't yet succeeded in seducing them to the wonders of the 'moot, and I have no personal experience with Kate.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 11-29-2002, 01:47 AM   #1622
TinuvielChild
Padawan

For once, an actual vent from me

Vent: We had no heat today until 3:30 pm, because there was no fuel oil in the tank, and the stupid oil company sent a technicial over to tell us what we already knew, that there was no oil, instead of sending an oil truck like we asked, and it took until 3 o'clock for us to actually get oil, so I just stayed in bed until noon where it was nice and cozy warm. And my science fair project is due on Tuesday, even though I only have about one third the amount of data points that I should have, and haven't even started analyzing or reporting on... and I still have to get a secret santa present for the Nutcracker shows on Saturday, plus I have to work on my costume and bribe my mom to let me go to the midnight opening of LotR:TTT (since she found out that it opens on a Wednesday, she's been very reluctant to let me go to the midnight showing ) Yeah. Anyway...

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 11-29-2002, 03:46 AM   #1623
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

vent: i have to get off the moot soon so i can't vent about all the stuff i want to vent about

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 11-29-2002, 10:29 AM   #1624
Miranda
'Bohemian princess of Covent Garden

FUME!!!!!!!

Oh my school computer is so useless!!!!! Its got this God damn lock on it so it filters out what it doesn't consider appropriate for school. Problem is it won't even let you on some educational sites- quite surprised I can access the Moot but I don't think it considers posting a danger!!! It wouldn't let me on a roman site the other day because it contained material unsuitable for schools- how am I meant to research Caligula (who admitedly was very dirty) without accessing the web site. Its not as if I'm an impressionable first year- I'm eighteen years old and my login on the computers shows them that!!!! To top it off I just tried to get on a couple of Tengwar web sites and what comes up? *NOT SUITABLE FOR USE IN SCHOOLS* its elvish for God's sake- what's so corrupting about elvish? Oh I'm going to be ranting and raving all evening now!!! Grrrrrrrrr! Mx
Old 11-29-2002, 01:54 PM   #1625
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
Re: Okay, El's turn to vent!

Quote:
Originally posted by Eleniel
Dude, how many things in a person's life can go wrong? Okay, my friend (let's call her Bev. I won't reveal her real name) dumped her boyfriend (let's call him Bob.) because, from what she told me, she just didn't like him anymore. Now, here's the funny thing, I am bisexual. I like boys and girls, and it just turns out that I have a crush on Bev. Then I endured a month of my friend Bev making fun of Bob, which I tried to go along with, but it hurt me. Now, Bob, who was away in college, comes back for a visit. While we're all talking and laughing, I look in Bob's eyes, and I realize I really, really, really, really, really like him a lot. Now, I tell myself, 'No, you are NOT falling in love again. Last time you were crushed. Crushed. So stop.' And then I realize, when I find out I'm moving again, I realize, I like Bev more than a friend. We talk about it with her "friend" (lets call her Lisa), and we decide that the THREE OF US are no more than just friends. Now today, I found out from other sources that Bev and Lisa are girlfriends in the romantic sense, going behind my back. I'm angry, heartbroken, and recently told Bob how I feel but he's fixated on this girl, let's call her Kate. Kate has a boyfriend, but every time Bob talks about Kate, it hurts me. I don't want to lose Bob as a friend, and now Bob's younger sister, Sara, also my friend and Bev will tease me on no end. What kind of a mess have I gotten myself into? Should I have just kept my mouth shut and stayed crushed and hurt?
as to wheter you should have done it, remeber this:we'll face the price we have to try it's do or die

PS: If anyone wants an explination click the link in my sig.
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 11-29-2002, 11:04 PM   #1626
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

Dad is drinking whiskey again. Note: he's a recovering alcholic.
He is a mean SoB when drinking whiskey...really mean...So I kicked him out. Told him to F-Off, and I DONT think when he's sober he'll be to happy about it.

This one is deactivated, I think.
Old 11-29-2002, 11:06 PM   #1627
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

Quote:
Originally posted by TinuvielChild
Actually not true. Only Eleniel, Bev, Bob, and TS are on the 'moot. While Sara and Lisa are both Tolkien fans, we haven't yet succeeded in seducing them to the wonders of the 'moot, and I have no personal experience with Kate.
So your Bev?

Old 11-29-2002, 11:08 PM   #1628
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Aeryn
Dad is drinking whiskey again. Note: he's a recovering alcholic.
He is a mean SoB when drinking whiskey...really mean...So I kicked him out. Told him to F-Off, and I DONT think when he's sober he'll be to happy about it.
Bugger when he's sober..........he may get upset but at least he won't go mental (I hope)...........good for you giving him his marching orders

VENT: New lungs needed, all donations to Ozhasnowillpower@daftasabrush.com

Beatallica
Old 11-29-2002, 11:12 PM   #1629
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

Well, I really had no choice. Which also is my vent...but oh-well.

You're daft as a brush? What?

Old 11-29-2002, 11:19 PM   #1630
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
You're daft as a brush? What?
A saying from my area

VENT: Bleedin' foreigners..........they'll be coming here and stealing our women next (J/K)

Beatallica
Old 11-29-2002, 11:20 PM   #1631
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
VENT: New lungs needed, all donations to Ozhasnowillpower@daftasabrush.com
Bad Oz for smoking! Bad, bad Oz!
Old 11-29-2002, 11:20 PM   #1632
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

Damn Irishman, a frikkin' POTATO famine nearly wipes them out... POTATOS for chrissakes!

not meaning to offend here...just a little...historian humor...

Last edited by Aeryn : 11-30-2002 at 01:52 AM.
Old 11-29-2002, 11:25 PM   #1633
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Bad Oz for smoking! Bad, bad Oz!
I know

Beatallica
Old 11-30-2002, 01:09 AM   #1634
TinuvielChild
Padawan

I feel like today was really unproductive...plus I broke a bunch of links in my chainmail today so I have to fix them, and it's getting really confusing...

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 11-30-2002, 03:30 AM   #1635
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Um. Everything. Except for my friends. *sigh*

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 11-30-2002, 10:50 AM   #1636
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Yeesh woke up to find I've got Flumonia (Flu). Probably caught it off my friends kids

I really want to go back to bed but too many things need doing

*mutter, sniff, mutter, cough, grumble etc*

Beatallica
Old 11-30-2002, 02:26 PM   #1637
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Keep away from me, Coney.

Ergh, feel so groggy.
Old 11-30-2002, 04:06 PM   #1638
Miranda
'Bohemian princess of Covent Garden

Quote:
Damn Irishman, a frikkin' POTATO famine nearly wipes them out... POTATOS for chrissakes!

not meaning to offend here...just a little...historian humor...
CHEEKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was all the fault of the toffs and it was the poor peasants that suffered- my family survived it though- YAY!!!
Old 11-30-2002, 07:20 PM   #1639
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
Bloody Science project due Tuesday and guess what? No a SINGLE working camera in the house! That means I have to get a one time use camera and they can't be developed in 24 hours. That means that maybe if i took my pictures today and sent them off to be developed I'd get it by Mon. but most likely by TUes. afternoon (not bloody well helpful) I don't even have the cahance to try, because MY DAD WON"T GO OUT! That does it he's buying me a camera, its the only way I'm getting the project done. I mean I picked and easy project on purpose, warm up some string and make it cut an ice cube, how hard can it be? I planned this so the poject could be done by Monday, but thanks to my parents cameras having somehow been broken for the past 5 years, I'm going to be lucky to get this done 5 min before it's due! People are always telling ME not to procrastinate, but every time I've mentioned this in the past month they say, "I'll get it later" well guess what, i need it NOW!
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 11-30-2002, 11:02 PM   #1640
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Yeah...got the same science teacher as TS, crazy...He's got to be the only teacher in the entire school making these bloody projects due Tuesday. The next soonest due date for them, the date that my homeroom teacher is giving his classes, is the Tuesday after that! Why couldn't we have Mr. Balicki instead of Mahoney, is what I'd like to know...and I've barely collected enough data to do this stupid thing, plus now I've got to analyze it and write the report.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Closed Thread