Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-21-2004, 12:56 AM   #141
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
Ooc: They're rescuing... sort of...

Ic: Yinalin crept toward the camp, making no more noise than a moonbeam passing over water. He had made his troops stay behind to 'cover his escape,' because he couldn't risk their lives to save Laurana; this was his fight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Laurana bit her lip, looking at the dwarf. He seemed more trustworthy than many of those of her own race, and she wanted to believe him.

"... I am Laurana," she said finally, watching him. "I am magi, second general in the armies of the elves, and the only mage."
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 01:35 AM   #142
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

"Well then, Laurana, wouldn't you think one of your rank would be worth a rescue?" Hendel asked.

ooc: Sorry, can't think. Basketball practice takes a lot out of me.

Fim and Nariel, KEEP IT PG FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!! *shudders*
Lol, you guys have been doing okay so far......just don't step over the line

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 06:47 PM   #143
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
ooc: Hey, as far as I'm concerned in my rpgs, there aren't any cameras behind closed doors. So what just happened was as "intimate" as it gets... except for the occasional smooch or something which probably won't occur because that would be in public..... you know how it goes.

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 10:47 PM   #144
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC:I was planing on keeping it that way....it's not my fault Nariel's a perv. Just kidding Nariel.

IC:
"Well my Lord as far as I know the army should be there to rescue Laurana by now, but do you think that the yhave corrupted her?" Cairnevele asked trying to get more than just obscure answers form Trespin.

"I'm not sure, I should think so. If anything goes wrong I have...informed one of the more trust worthy troops of what to do." Trespin answered, knowing that he was giving Cairnevele exactly what he didn't want, obscure answers.

"MY I askwhat my Lord?"

"Of course. Surprissed you havn't asked before now. I told him to kill both Laurana and Yinalin if anything happened."

"Why Yinalin?"

"Because they are too much alike and if she is turned then he will be too."

"May I ask..."

"Why I hate dwarfs?"

"Yes, my Lord."

"Well remember when I was talking to the young captain?"

"Yes."

"My brother was killed by the hethens, there are several other reasons that is just the biggest."

"I see."

"Fetch Quinlan."

"Yes My Lord."

OOC:Nariel your que. Uh, Kalile I don't care what you do but I want at least half my army to come back. If you guys got confused at the young captain part go back close to the beginning of the thread and read mine till you get to the one I'm talking bout.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 05:04 PM   #145
Nariel
Elven Warrior

ooc: I am not a perv!

A summons from the King. Quin wondered what it could be about. She was in the libraries when they found her, looking into some old writings about the War of the Rings, and the history of Minas Tirith. It took her a few minutes to arrive at the throne room. She was announced and entered, approaching the throne as close as was proper and curtsying (she was very tired of constantly curtsying).

"You called for me, My lord?"

Funny Error Messages...

It came with my PC;
Mistakes I cannot sea.
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Old 01-22-2004, 10:02 PM   #146
Fimbrethil

OOC:I was just kidding...you know people bug me about getting on more but I'm starting to realize just how much I do get on...it's to darn much I'll to that.

IC:

"Don't curtsy, I really do hate all the formalities involved in being a King, but what are you going to do?" Trespin asked in an almost to casual tone.

"I'm not really sure My Lord." Quilan said not sure how to respond.

"Would you mind joining me for a ball this evening. Some of the more pesky rebel problems should be taken care of by then, and I do enjoy balls....formality and all."

OOC: I leave questions like that up to you Nariel....by hte way in your other post you were looking at books about the war of the rings........found anything interesting? Like how much of a tyrant I really am.

Old 01-22-2004, 10:35 PM   #147
Nariel
Elven Warrior

ooc: Fim, you do know my character is kind of at your mercy, right? Oh, and I didn't really find anything... just the Red Book and such

ic:
Quin smiled. "Of course." She wondered, however, what she would wear. And then....

"Would you allow me a maidservant for my preparations, my lord?"

"Of course," replied the King, using the same tone she had used. "You may have as many as you require."

She left and found herself primping all afternoon.

Funny Error Messages...

It came with my PC;
Mistakes I cannot sea.
-Janet Minor

Old 01-23-2004, 01:11 AM   #148
Kalile

"Oh!" Laurana put her hand to her mouth. "Yes, I guess it would. Oh, it's been only ten days but I feel terrible about putting you all in danger!"

Ooc: I may have to kill off the two characters; more and more homework means less and less time to Moot.
Old 01-23-2004, 01:37 AM   #149
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

well, sorry I've missed so much, but I'm back. I didnt read anything because I am feeling slightly lazy. I got as far as someone stealing arwen's soul. hmmmm. well, I'll just jump back in, tell me if I missed something up, like talking to someone who died.

ic: 'Cheater' muttered Talim under her breath once they were back at camp. she sniggered because she knew draconia heard her.
"Dragons really shouldn't be allowed you know!" she said with a smile. She sat and cleaned her stained blades as everyone was bustling around camp. She packed them in her bag and grabbed a bite to eat.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 02:18 AM   #150
Gulio, Strength of Many

"I'm sure you do...." Hendel replied, not really trusting Laurana. "If you wish to prove your emotions, then you will tell me where, and how Trepsin will likely attack. Though I still might not trust you..." He added.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:30 PM   #151
Kalile

Ooc: Yep, sorry guys, I have to kill Laurana and Yinalil.

Ic: Laurana thought for a moment, then opened her mouth.
"The armies are moving swiftly. They are gathering for..." with a shuddering gasp, Laurana crumpled, an arrow sticking out of her back.

"Laurana!" Yinali came bursting out from where he had been hiding, regardless of the dwarf. He flung himself on his knees beside the mage, his fair face contorted horribly with grief. He gathered Laurana's body up in his arms, still kneeling.
"You can't die like this! We'll heal you! Just hold on!" he cried at her, as she opened her eyes, her face lined with terrible pain. But it softened as she looked at him, and she reached up to put her hand on his cheek.
"The arrow was poisoned, Yinali." she said softly, wiping a tear from his cheek with her hand. "Do not weep. I die knowing the truth. The elves... are wrong, Yinali."

Yinali looked at her, and knew he had to let her go. "But I love you," he whispered.
"I love you too," she smiled, and slipped away.

Yinali bent his head in silent grief, and it was then that the next arrow sped from the trees, swift and deadly. The commander never saw it.

Ooc: Ok, I'm done being sappy and romantic now. Thank you for putting up with it. Bye everyone!
Oh, and you're gonna have to kill the couple of assassin elves now, since they found your camp...
Old 01-24-2004, 01:46 AM   #152
Aewionen
Elf Lord

"Laurana!" Ralen heard a shout coming not to far away from where he and Boin were. They ran towards where they heard it and when they arrived, two bodies lay on the ground. Dead. Ralen looked around quickly to see if the killer was near but he saw no one.
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 03:37 PM   #153
Fimbrethil

OOC: Yeah I know that Nariel but Trespin isn't thinking like that he...well he's a guy and doesn't quit realize how Quinlan is thinking.......besides it's not like I'd kill you for saying no to ball.

IC:
"They are both dead my lord. The army is returning with no casualties and so far the enemy is clueless. I do however regret to say that they seem to be gathering to move, but we have missinterupted them before." Carnevele said fearing what his master would say.

"Oh, well. I suppose we still have a chance to get them. I will not however be risking so many of my army again. Next time send 20 oh the vampires, they'll have half of them dead before they know what hit them." Trespin said in a seemingly good mood. Making Carnevele wonder what had hppened to change it.

OOC: What red book Nariel?

Old 01-30-2004, 11:22 PM   #154
Nariel
Elven Warrior

ooc: never mind about the red book. I tried to post yesterday, but I guess it didn't get through. So here goes again. And BTW, Fim, and everyone involved, I think it's important to note that Quinlan has no romantic/emotional/physical/psychological/whatever attraction to Trespin. She's just doing her job. he's the king. She might as well just humor him. That's her thinking. I'm going to have to describe a dress now that shows a fair amount of cleavage without saying that. hmmm. I hate dress descriptions.

IN Character:
Quinlan had never had so much fun. After many years of living a dark life, wearing dark clothes, doing dark deeds, she finally had the chance to show off a little side of her that had always nagged the back of her mind- the feminine side.
There were literally hundreds of dresses to choose from. But one caught her eye. For the simple reason that it was the exact color of her eyes (save the off-white trim), her favourite color, green. It hung on to her shoulders purely by sheer willpower. The neckline dove down into a V. The waist tapered so that she could hardly breathe. The dress expanded again at the hips, swishing when she walked. It flared again at the elbows, allowing the sleeves to hang loosely at the wrists. Her dark hair was put up in a pile of curls, dispersed with emeralds and pearls, which, coincidentally, matched exactly the pearl and emerald necklace she was wearing, which had a large emerald as its focal point.
She left her room quietly and headed for the ballroom, where she was kept from entering. "Why?"

"The King wishes you to await his arrival."

Funny Error Messages...

It came with my PC;
Mistakes I cannot sea.
-Janet Minor

Old 01-31-2004, 08:16 PM   #155
Fimbrethil

OOC: Well I figured that was all it was...but I was thinking that unless Gulio wanted to do the dirty work of killing me herself then Quinlan would be Trespin's down fall.

IC:
The King arrived and the 2 entered the ball together cause ing many to turn and stare. Trespin and Quinlan danced sevral times then the ever gracful king had to slink off to attend to some business, leaving Quinlan alone.

OOC: The other people really need to their tails back here.

Old 02-03-2004, 01:10 AM   #156
Gulio, Strength of Many

ooc: By all means, let Quinlan do it. It's cooler

Old 02-03-2004, 04:49 PM   #157
Nariel
Elven Warrior

ooc: okay, but if that happens then someone's going to have to tell Quin what's really going on. Because right now, she's just hanging out with the King for her own well-being and she still doesn't really get why he's killing off the dwarves. Hasn't made the connection yet. And that same person will have to convince her that she's on the wrong side. I dunno, should we kill him or just dethrone him? cuz if we kill him I have a cool (but kind of nasty) idea.

IC:
Quinlan noticed the King leaving, but didn't say anything. She looked around at all the attendees. Their attention was toward her. Why? What was so special about her? It wasn't long before a talkative old woman came and explained things to her.
"You're very lovely, dear," said the woman. "That's a rarity in these parts?"
"What mean you?" asked Quin curiously.
"We haven't seen the King in the company of a woman since the Princess from Rohan. And she was a hag, believe you me. He was only courting her for the sake of land relations. When she ran off with her bodyguard, King Trespin breathed a sigh of relief that was heard all over the Kingdom."
"So he has not had ladies attending these events with him?"
"No, you are the first."
Quin raised an eyebrow. "Am I?"
"Yes, deary."
"Interesting." Perhaps the King wasn't just using her. Perhaps there was more to it. Or perhaps this went deeper than she realized.

Funny Error Messages...

It came with my PC;
Mistakes I cannot sea.
-Janet Minor

Old 02-23-2004, 01:32 AM   #158
Nariel
Elven Warrior

ooc: are we dead? please tell me we're not dead.

Funny Error Messages...

It came with my PC;
Mistakes I cannot sea.
-Janet Minor

Old 02-23-2004, 03:05 AM   #159
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

REVIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!*Gives thresd CPR*

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 05:06 PM   #160
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

oh! I always liked this one! What happened? I was gone, so I have no idea. I liked mu charactar too, she was cool. rather hobbit-like, but thats not a bad thing. teehee.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote