Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-05-2004, 07:05 PM   #141
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Yeah! Good news! Sure hope he gets to come home soon!
Old 05-05-2004, 08:12 PM   #142
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Thanks for the update - that's good news!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 04:09 PM   #143
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Another Update

Again nothing much to tell. I've recieved a few emails from Beor, and he's doing well. Keeping busy as always, but he's well and that's the main thing.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 04:21 PM   #144
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaith_Elf
Another Update

Again nothing much to tell. I've recieved a few emails from Beor, and he's doing well. Keeping busy as always, but he's well and that's the main thing.
Thanks for telling. It feels really good to know.

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Nerdanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 04:29 PM   #145
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

I know it's good to know. Nothing makes me more happier than seeing emails from that beer-swigging mate of mine.

I'll keep telling him how you guys miss him. It touches him that your all so concerned.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Old 05-14-2004, 03:22 PM   #146
Beor
founder of the color blue

ALright, I think Last time I was on was when I found the internet when we were staged at BIAP to come south. We didnt know where we were going, but we knew it was going to be somewhere south of Baghdad.

Turns out it was. It was a little Marine base called Camp St Michaels, and it had nothing. However, we do get mortared often (just did today, actually), but, hey, I guess thats the job, right?

I have been keeping busy, we go out just about every day, at least once. It is getting hot again, which sucks, I really didnt want to spend another summer here, but cant do much about it. We just got internet a few days ago, and I was using Rog because I wanted to come back, but I wanted to get a feel for it first, so I had to go incognito. Anyway, It is excellent to be back, and this is how I relax, hanging out and talking to Lal (and everyone, but Lal is like a sister to me)

Anyway, there is a time limit, so I will be brief, but I am okay, no injuries (major anyway, or enemy related, but I did cut my arm on my Bradley the other day (sonofa!!!!))

I hope to be able to get on often now, but I cant promise anything.

I'm here now, though, and I hope everyone is doing well!
Old 05-14-2004, 03:26 PM   #147
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

We're just really really really really really glad your back.

(And what has the Bradley ever done to you? Eh? )
Old 05-14-2004, 03:40 PM   #148
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Welcome back Beor.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 05:14 PM   #149
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Nice to have you back, Beor! Maybe we get some more action in the teacup café now

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Nerdanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 05:31 PM   #150
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Welcome back, Beor. Yes, it was hot here is the Middle east this week, eh? Iraq is probably even hotter than here, because I'm neasr the sea. (although it also means the moisture is higher). It was 39 this Monday. I couldn't stand it, and the summer didn't even start.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 02:46 PM   #151
Beor

Thanks for the welcomes, and yes, Rad, it is hot. We have been out in the sun everyday now for two weeks, and it just seems to be getting hotter. I am not looking forward to another summer here, let me tell you what. What really gets me though is the ammount of sand and dust that gets blown around. Its to the point that when I watch a movie, and it is dusty in the movie, I get all messed up, which sucks even more.
Old 05-15-2004, 03:29 PM   #152
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

welcome back beor, good to see your okay, i added you on msn
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 09:15 PM   #153
Coney II
Elven Warrior

Nice to see ya still kickin' Beor

Stick with Lal Elf........Geordie lasses are the best in the world

Although don't piss'er off.....they also got the worst tempers in the world
Coney II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 05:27 AM   #154
Beor

It is nice to still be kickin!

Gimli, I am sorry, but what do you mean, added me on msn? I am still not too learned with computers.

And I must agree, Coney, those Geordies seem like quite a swell bunch of people (but I think Latino women have harsher tempers (in my expiernce))
Old 05-16-2004, 09:02 AM   #155
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney II
Nice to see ya still kickin' Beor

Stick with Lal Elf........Geordie lasses are the best in the world

Although don't piss'er off.....they also got the worst tempers in the world

Too true... I get very violent when I'm pissed off...
Old 05-16-2004, 11:56 AM   #156
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by Beor
It is nice to still be kickin!

Gimli, I am sorry, but what do you mean, added me on msn? I am still not too learned with computers.

o, well i found your email here on entmoot and it is a hotmail.com account which means you can get msn which is like AIM, i wasnt sure if you would know about it or not but you have to download it to use it
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 05:48 AM   #157
Beor

The last week or so has been a very bad one. Some things have happened around me, things that have been happening this whole time, but they finally hit home for me and for my unit. After more than a year of offensive and defensive operations, including countless raids on anti-coalition forces, relieving the 101st in Karbala, mobilizing down to An Najaf to help out down there when the Sadr uprising happened, and going to AL Kut for the same reason, and finally getting extended and sent down to Al Mahmudyah, after all that, we lost a soldier. Not the first in the battalion, but the first in our company. ALso, two of my friends were injured as well, and that aint cool. I also almost got hit by a RPG the other day, whcih really forced me to redefine my outlook on life in general. THe thing is that in Najaf and AL Kut, we were in contact, you know, sustained firefights, but we had a chance to fire back, now, they dont fire at us, they dont come out to play, they blow us up from afar. VBIEDs, IEDs, Mortars, Rockets, these are the weapons they use. THey are afraid to fight face to face, and that really pisses me off. Anyway, in light of these things, and the year compiled together as one hell of a *****y year, I believe I am losing my mind. I will hold it together, its not like I am going to get all crazy, but my paticence is worn thin, my reflexes are strung out, and all I want is a beer, sex, and not to hear anything explode for a while.

That is the current update, I will get back to you all shortly. Oh, and keep the prisioner abuse in the proper thread, I dont want to read about it here. No one has brought it here so far (except me just now), but I would perfer that no one does, please.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:29 AM   #158
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Hello Beor, just a quick note to let you know that it makes me sad to hear of your loss. I know it's easy for me talking being all safe and secure where I am, but keep up your courage and sanity! Take care! In a while you'll be going home, alive and in one piece too! In the meantime you're doing a great job in there. Come to this thread more often and let out some steam, if that helps.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:05 AM   #159
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Hang in there darlin! The time will come, (soon I certainly hope) when this will be personal HISTORY for you! Take it one bit at a time, be kind of numb, and I hope you see that home date looming! Hang in there. You can do it.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:14 AM   #160
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Dude, you know how I feel and you know I'm always here for you. *hugs* I know you'll hang in there, your strong!