Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-23-2003, 04:54 PM   #141
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Location: Beyond conscious thought... and always out of reach
Nyaki stood still, waiting for the horses and their riders to give her some space. After a minute, she unfurled her massive wings and reared up onto her back legs. With one powerful push, she leapt up off the ground, tearing deep gashes into dirt as she did. A few powerful beats of her wings had her soaring well over the others, her movements graceful and smooth, rather than the choppy, laborous movements they used to be. <Eragon... What's Brom filling your head with now?> Siuahn asked, tentatively sending her thoughts down to the young man. She had needed someone to talk to, with what little she could do while she was in the air, and Nyaki had made no effort to communicate with her yet.

Potius mori quam foedari...
Death before dishonour...
Akamai Deredal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 05:25 PM   #142
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Eragon mounted Cadoc, and Brom rode Snowfire. <Again, stay safe!> said Saphira as she took off. <The same goes for you!> replyed Eragon. "Now what are you going to teach me on horseback?" asked Eragon of Brom. "The ancient language. It was the language at the very begining, the riders used it, but not for regular speech." said Brom taking out a small, smooth stone. "I don't undersand, and whats that stone for?" Asked Eragon, speeding up to where brom rode. "Questions boy! I will tell you what this is about and what the stone's for, if you give me a blasted moment!" Said Brom huffily. "In the ancient language, it calls things by its true name. What is this?" he asked, holding up the stone. "Its a stone!" saod Eragon, who began to wonder about the old man. "That is what you call it. Its true name is stenr. The true name for raise is, reisa, Now, if I take the true name for stone, and for raise, you get stenr reisa!" The stone lifted slowly out of Brom's hand. "But how did I heal Terin, if I didn't know this language?" Asked Eragon, as he was staring at the stone. "You must have heard me use it, and figured it was a magical spell, or something outrageous like that." Brom said, allowing the stone to drop. "Now you try." he said handing the little pebble to the boy. "Reach into your mind, untill you find the barrrier that separates you from your magic. Reach for the magic. But be careful what you say! Remember, stenr reisa. It is simple and won't make you faint." Brom instructed as Eragon searched his mind. "Stenr reisa!" he said. The stone wobbled slowly off his hand. It didn't stay long, soon is fell back to his hand. "Very good, are you tired?" asked Brom. "Yes, but I am okay. I don't understand how that little bit of magic caused me to get tired! how will I ever be able to do anything important without killing myself!" ASked Eragon. "You will in time, get stronger. Practice that." said Brom.

whew, sorry guys, that was a long one!

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 08:43 PM   #143
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC;Again am I just standing there? Okay don't worry if I get snappy and I apoligze in advance. Sinus infection and I'm heavily meedicated.

IC:

<Cream?! Come on the others have already left and I want to ride with you not that great beast.> Terin thought to friend. <Alright I'm here.> Camnete said with a mouthful of something. Terin mounted up and they soared into the sky. <Cream, do I ahve to tell them?> <I think it would make you feel better but the choice is your's.> <Won't they what is bothering me if open my mind to them?> <I can't say for sure. It depends on deep the yread into your thoughts or actions.> They rode on in silence but still connected with each other.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 09:22 PM   #144
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

I thik its just assumed that everyone is riding, either dragons or horses, eragon, brom and Banuien are on horses, terin and suiahn are on dragons, and I think Raven's on a horse, but not sure. I have really got to stop oocing in this thread!

Old 10-23-2003, 11:34 PM   #145
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

<Hullo, Eragon?> Siuahn grunted as she realized the boy had put up a thin mental sheild. After asking Nyaki about it, the dragon responded, <He's probably occupied by some of Brom's mundane tasks. He'll have his full attention on the training. Give him a few minutes.> <But I'm bored, Nyaki. And we can't fly too high or we'll be seen.> Nyaki snorted, tendrils of smoke rising from her nostrils. <I'm sorry I cannot entertain you more.> Her voice was icy and held a hint of bitterness. Siuahn flinched, <I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, Nyaki! Please forgive me... I meant no offense.> Still she didn't respond. Siuahn clenched her fists in dismay. She couldn't stand being cut off from her friend. Suddenly Nyaki's black disappeared with an air of urgency. <Speak with me, little one, please. I apologize for my hastiness... You know I love you.> Siuahn smiled slightly, <And I you, Nyaki. Thank you for talking with me.> <I can't have you be bored any more than what you already are.>

Old 10-23-2003, 11:46 PM   #146
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Eragon raised the stone for a while before he took a break. "How much longer do we have?" he asked Brom. "We will be on the outskirts of Teirm by noon. We will meet up with my friend, Jeod. I know where his house is, but he is not expecting us." replied Brom. Eragon sat quietly for a while, but he saw something ahead of them. He rode forward to the small object on the ground. He unmounted Cadoc and bent over to see what it was. It was a small skin, with a liquid inside. He poured a small drop on the tip of his finger, it seemed to burn straight through his skin.. He cried out and wiped off the liquid. "Brom! I found something!" Eragon said showig Brom the skin of burning liquid. "It is seithr oil. It burns through the skin, thank goodness you didn't try to drink it!" he said, shaking the skin. "There isn't much left, but I don't see how it could have gotten here! The ra'zac are behind us, aren't they?" asked Eragon. "so we thought, but it seems they have tracked around us, and went ahead to Teirm." said Brom solemnly. They told the others about thier situation. "We have to be even more careful in the city, they will be looking for us, ad warning people of us." said Brom, mounting his horse. Eragon contacted Terin and Suiahn and told them what went on.

Old 10-24-2003, 12:06 AM   #147
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

DONE! TOOK ME 12 1/2 HOURS!

"Well this is great." Raven rolled her eyes.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 05:50 PM   #148
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Speaking with Nyaki momentarily, Siuahn eventually got the dragon to drop to the ground out of sight, and drop her off as well. Clambering awkwardly into Saeyl's saddle, she rode up beside Eragon and Brom. <You said it burned your skin, Eragon. Are you all right?> Her concern for the boy was sincere, and it showed on her face.

Old 10-24-2003, 09:33 PM   #149
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Banuien stayed Iavas and spurred him back towards the others. She cleaned Eragon’s finger and bound it with a thin strip of fabric and citrusleaf dew.

"Ilúvatar knows what they would use it for out here," she muttered (ooc: hey what would they use it for?? ). Concern flickered over her face. "Do you suppose Jeod will be in any danger?" she asked. "I worry that he might be, though I do not know how they should know of your friendship," she added to Brom.

Telperinai pennar niei rossenen,
iéni únótimai be m?*ri Aiaro!
Man erca óre nio ettuccuba?
S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
be findi-falla; Baradis mentuba
i Elestel i en tulia me
Annúne pella, nimpei srestanai
or helle cúna, helle rácina.
Nan merin minia lóte elanar
an sire cenin Ennor tellabe.
Namárie! Autame Balinórena,
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!
Eärloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 09:47 PM   #150
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

(After getting a response from Eragon... if Pip ever gets on again...) Siuahn frowned over at Banuien. "I haven't seen such wounds on any human, Banuien... If but a small drop could do that to his finger, think what the whole skin would do if it were spilled." She whirled on Brom, "What sort of dangers have you gotten us all into, old man? Siethr oil! Fortune be with us if we see the dawn tomorrow. What's going on here? First most of us are attacked, now the ra'zac and their accursed oil! What happens next?" She glared at Brom, still seething for a long moment before she realized all that she had said. Her cheeks flushing in embarrassment, she muttered. "I'm sorry Brom... it's just been a while since I've felt so threatened. I suppose it's a bit of a shock for me. I didn't not mean to shout..."

OOC: I have no idea what I am doing, but no one else is posting!

Old 10-26-2003, 01:37 AM   #151
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

back! sorry, had a youth group retreat. lotsa fun! mojor kudos to you, Legoles! you da elf! way to beat me and akai on reading eragon! howdya like it? I read A Midsummernights dream last night, took me about 3 hours. working on 12th night. hi akai! *waves*

"Its fine, Suiahn. And for what the ra'zac could use the oil for, many answers there may be. Mostly torture, normal seithr oil can be used for cleaning jewelry, but this kind, obviously, is not used for this purpose." said Brom. <It was a minor burn, Suiahn, nothing bad.> replied Eragon ti Suiahn's inquiry. Though he was surprised by the girl's sudden humane acts to him he couldn't complain. <You really should-> started Saphira. <I am being as careful as I can be, Saphira> replied Eragon, cutting her short. Saphira snorted.

Old 10-26-2003, 07:37 AM   #152
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

<I do not think anyone could be labeled irresponsible for such an act,> Banuien told Saphira. Forthwith she barred her mind against interference from any of the company; something gnawed at her mind; a thought fluttered just beyond her reach before striking her heavily:

"It's used for torture…" she murmured. Brom nodded; "Who were they torturing?" she asked. "The canteen was nigh drained when Eragon saw it."

"It did not have to be recent; that bottle could have been emptied some time ago…"

Banuien nodded, frowning at the ground. "But does it matter?" she tentatively stroked the scars on her inner elbow where her mark had been. Iavas snorted.

"We should go," she muttered, and mounted her stallion.

Telperinai pennar niei rossenen,
iéni únótimai be m?*ri Aiaro!
Man erca óre nio ettuccuba?
S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
be findi-falla; Baradis mentuba
i Elestel i en tulia me
Annúne pella, nimpei srestanai
or helle cúna, helle rácina.
Nan merin minia lóte elanar
an sire cenin Ennor tellabe.
Namárie! Autame Balinórena,
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 10-26-2003 at 07:13 PM.
Eärloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 11:28 AM   #153
Legoles

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you very much! *bows*
IC: "Yes we should. If we wish to get any further in this quest, we can't sit here and wait for the ra'zac to come back to get their canteen."

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 10-26-2003, 08:10 PM   #154
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

"Raven's right, we need to keep moving." said Brom, squeezing snowfire's side. Brom suddenly stopped his horse. "Do you know what this means?" He said excitedly. "It means we now have to fear for our lives even more because we didn't stay ahead of our enemies." said Eragon jerkily. Brom scowled. "This skin of oil may be the key to where the ra'zac stay. Seithr oil is rarely transported, except to the occasional jeweler, but thats only the safe kind. Teerm is a capital for sea transport, if we can get the records of seithr oil that left through teerm, and where it was going, we may be able to find the ra'zac's lair." Brom ejaculated. "Oh, sorry Brom." said Eragon, appologizing for his sarcasm. "We have to get to Teerm soon, so that the ra'zac don't come looking for the skin, or find that they left it, an destroy the files." Brom said, nudging Snowfire again.

Old 10-28-2003, 01:10 AM   #155
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

wow, this thread was at the bottom of the thread listy thingy! scared me, someone post!

Old 10-28-2003, 10:03 AM   #156
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Siuahn glanced over her shoulder at Nyaki and gave her a regretful look, then spurred Saeyl forward after Brom. "So we're going to Teerm to visit your friend Jeod, breaking in to who-knows-where to read the files from the merchants on the coast to see how many shipments of Seithr Oil were shipped and where they were shipped from, just to come up with an even longer list of possible lairs for the ra'zac?" She asked Brom incredulously as she rode up beside him. The old man paused before answering, "Hm, i suppose that would be the just of it. Why Siuahn? Is there something wrong?" The girl sighed and shook her head, "No, nothing at all Brom. I just don't see how we're going to manage this, and come out alive." "We have to; the record won't do us much good if we're dead." Brom said, laughing. "I don't see how you can laugh at a time like this, but oh well, fair enough."

Reining Saeyl in, she dropped back a few paces to ride beside Eragon, Terin, Raven and Banuien. "Hello again. How are you all doing this fine lovely day?" The icy sarcasm in her voice was enough to make someone cringe.

OOC Didn't know what to do, so I wrote, lol.

Old 10-28-2003, 11:02 PM   #157
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

"And tell me what we would do, Suiahn, if no one ever laughed! Why, I should think all you worrying young flibbertygibbits would go out of your minds!" brom replied crisply. "Here now, we are approaching Teerm, i can see the city walls, the dragons had better fly higher and keep out of sight." he said, shading his eyes from the beating sun.

Old 10-28-2003, 11:36 PM   #158
Legoles

"I don't like this city." Raven said nervously."That mountain over there has too much blood spilt in it's honor. What is it called again? Anyway, I've had some bad times in this city. I was born here, and here my parents and grandparents died. I was left in Terim in the care of Angela the Herbalist." She rode on in scilence ignoring the comments of the others

OOC: Plot twists ROCK!

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 10-29-2003, 03:53 AM   #159
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

oooh, thats good legoles! kudos to you for spicing up the thread! btw, hellgrind was at dras leona, not teirm, but we will get there soon enough. errr, sorry, but its my bedtime, post tomorrow

Old 10-29-2003, 08:50 PM   #160
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC:Haven't been on in a while. We have a poetry booklet with 25 thousand poems in it due monday and a poetry presentation that'll take 4 hours at least to do. And tomorrow we have a poetry test that I have yet to study for!!!

IC:
"I don't like this town. It gives me the willies." <The willies? I don't think I've heard that one before.> <Shut up Cream. You're so literal sometimes!> "I know what you mean." Raven said to the terin. "Guys my parents and the rest of my family is dead." Terin said suddenly not realizing what she had said till it came out.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote