Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 02:12 AM   #141
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
Lyla listened nervously outside her mistress door, though not enough to hear more than whispers, the door was very thick. She jumped and scampered away when she heard an angry voice. "YOU MAY LEAVE NOW FOUL MOUTH! I will not endure your lies Snakesnout! Leave the preasence of your Countess you are not presently in condition to look upon my face, you are lower than dirt Foul-mouth! Leave NOW! And make sure Lyla does as well!"

I waited a few minuets, and followed the warg out, looking around. No one was in the hall. Leaning heavily on my staff I limped into the hall, the whole right side of me was still partly numb. I limped on, never taking my weight off of the wizards staff that had accompanied me, and grown grander as the days passed. It was now certantly grand, made of a material more rare than Mithril, though other than the engravings on the side, it might be considered plain, if you where blind.
I limped to the place where I knew the lever was hidden, for the stairs to Star's rooms. I stared at the lever for well over half an hour, knowing no one would come by, and wondering what I should do. If she was mearly upset I could be a shoulder to cry on, but that wasn't the case most of the time anymore, there was always something else. Then I relized it. "Good girl Star. Flee from this dreaded place, leave my company, for time wears out, and you will not wish to be here when Faith Renee Lowe dies, and Doncamiel lives. Yes Star, my friend flee, flee, and do not come back, unles it be in battle." Looking at the lever, I saw the little flicker of flame, and watched as it grew, consuming the lever, then died then there was nothing more on this side of the wall to eat. And I hobbled back down the hall. "Flee Star, and let none see you. I give you my gift, of safe travel, nothing evil shall happen to you on your road to where you go, unless it is accepted by you. And none shall see you unless you wish for them to. And as my best friend, I decline your welcome in this acursed palace again, ever again. Do not come back Star, never some back, unless you are my enemy." The staff wobbled a bit, but I soon regained control, and continued walking.

Last edited by Fred Baggins : 02-26-2003 at 02:17 AM.
Old 02-26-2003, 01:44 PM   #142
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
I was pacing a little, as I often do when I'm anxious, when Mauluk came racing out of the room he and Faith had been in. Faith limped past us as if she didn't see us, and I heard her mutter something about Doncamiel, and the death of Faith Lowe. Mauluk had a look of shock on his face, and I could guess what had happened to him.

I laughed just a little, a mirthless laugh. I almost wished Faith would not have thrown my enemy out, for if she had not, it would have proved she had the ability to be kind, or loyal ... whichever one wished to call it.

"So. The Countess threw you out, right? I think there may be times when," and here I paused, wondering whether I should go on, for Faith might hear me. But Faith probably already knew what I believed in this matter. And if she didn't know, well, maybe this was something she needed to hear.
"I think perhaps there are times when she doesn't really like anybody, not you or me, not Starlight Adams, not even herself. She may hate me at times, but she is my friend even if I am not hers, and I will not leave until I must."

Until, not unless. I know that the time is likely to come.

"And we can tell from what just happened, that she probably hates you at times. I haven't seen anything with Star ... yet. But I think I will if I stick around long enough. I KNOW there was a time Faith Lowe hated herself, and she hasn't been completely herself since then. And I think her Middle Earth twin may be trying to kill her."

Why am I telling Mauluk all this?

"I'm glad that Calien isn't out to kill me. I may be a Traveler, but Calien's much more powerful than I am. She'd win any fight between us." I was surprised to hear bitterness creep into my voice. I know I've become competitive over the years, but I never thought I'd even WANT to compete with Calien. I've always wanted a twin, and Calien's supposed to be like my twin. Not a competitor, someone to share with.

"If Faith's Middle Earth twin is like that, it would be a catastrophe. Faith is already extremely powerful, Mauluk. For Faith's twin to be as much more powerful than Faith as Calien is than me ... well, you know what that would be like. You've seen my power and Calien's."

I took a deep breath and continued, having realized why I was doing this. "It's Faith's twin that hates everyone, not Faith herself. She'll hate you as much as anyone, and probably more than some. Thus, it is very much in your interest to try to keep Faith Lowe alive!"
Old 02-26-2003, 06:49 PM   #143
Lubyla
Princess Lubyla Greenleaf of the Stars

Location: Sitting in a quiet forest, looking at the darkness and the stars...
I took twilight, for none really knew I could ride her. A cold, harsh wind blew past. Fool...your path is behind you, not in front. There are more here that need you. "Shut Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know what I am doing, and I know where my path lies. Why do you do this to me Starletta? Yes, I know it's you." I lept upto Twilight, and set out , wizing past even Andodulin.

"Why are you in such a rush?"

"Can it dirt bag. I dont need you anymore. You thought I would fall for your trap, and become your princess just because you killed Lubyla. GHUY You are so stupid! The only reson I listened to you is because you know the way out, and could easily be a distraction. Dont you see? I played YOU."I went faster than he ever could, and he just stopped. Good I thought, and my heart sank. What was I doing? Leaving my friend in her time of need? Ghuy I'm no better than him.I looked down and pulled out my hair so it was all down. Now I know who I remind me of...Lubyla. I rushed as fast as I could to the Kingdom, and met up with Freddy of all people...

``````````````````````````````
It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter
`````````````````````````````
Old 02-26-2003, 09:08 PM   #144
Fred Baggins

*Freddy looked up quickly seeing the pale childish face before him, and jumped a little, with a puzzled look.* "Lu...Lubyla, is that you? But Andodulin said you where dead..." *He thought for a minuet, and looked up again, "If that is you, then you know where Fran is?! She said she'd come back with the Lady Lubyla."
Pacha:Most likely.
Cusco:Bring it on.
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
Yes, I'm female. Fred Baggins is my NICKNAME!
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 02-26-2003, 09:11 PM   #145
Lubyla

I was a bit startled at being called Lubyla. "I am not Lubyla. I am...I am...Nydassi. Nydassi of the western relm. May I speack to your Count--Empress?"

Old 02-26-2003, 09:14 PM   #146
Fred Baggins

"Empress? Fran...Fran is not with...of course she's not. I should have known, I felt it so long ago. I should have known. You may...I suppose I must take you to her." *Freddy started leading her to the Empress muttering to himself the whole way. The day was wearing out. Fran would not return.
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 02-26-2003, 09:20 PM   #147
Fred Baggins

Back in front of my room, I looked up, and saw Kathie. Startled, I asked, "How much have you seen, and hear? Nevermind, come into my chambers Kathie, I want to talk to you." I hobbled into my rooms, into the sitting room, and took MY chair... the chair, and motioned for Kathie to take the other. "Your rooms will be ready by tommorow night. They would have been done sooner, but those lazy louts with the nerve to call themselves sla-servants haven't the training and punishment they deserve." I sneared to myself, then shook my head, tiredly. "I'm sorry Kathie, I didn't mean to yell." That wasn't what I meant to say. I meant to tell her that it was Doncamiel talking not me. I never meant to say that about her room either. What was wrong? I stood up, leaning even harder on the staff. I had to tell her. I had to. I stood in front of the fire. "Look, the reason I asked you to come in here, is so I could ask you a question. Dawn's in the Writewraith Kingdom, knowing Star, she's half way out of Wolves Bane, and...you should be to."
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 02-26-2003, 10:33 PM   #148
Lubyla

Freddy had so much pain about him, I could feel it. I didn't know what to do. I grasped at my necklace. It was so much larger, yet lighter than my usual. "Master Freddigar, what news has entered the Kingdom since my leave...er..since it has been rebuilt?"

Old 02-26-2003, 10:38 PM   #149
Fred Baggins

"News? The Writewraiths return M'lady. Most of them anyway. And a...a new power rises, which seems to be threatening the Kingdom in particular." *Freddy shuddered, remembering the 'old power.'*

Once done eating the cursed cookies, I wandered off into the castle, not caring to much about anything except where I was
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 02-26-2003, 10:40 PM   #150
Lubyla

"New power" I murmered. How many toimes do I have to hear about. "So I've heard.What news is heard of the kingdom of Faith and her friend Starlight?"

Old 02-26-2003, 10:43 PM   #151
Fred Baggins

*His face clouded over* "Of that, I will not speak. That is for the Empress alone to tell you about, not I. I am but a humble servant" *And he knew to much, that he might accedently reveil. He did enough of that already without chances of it reaching the Empress. A masked raccon catching the glare scampered into the trees, scarelet bag trailing behind*
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 02-26-2003, 10:43 PM   #152
Silverstripe

"Maybe I should," I said carefully, "but though I may have to leave sometime, I know that time is not quite yet." I didn't tell her that I knew what I was doing, or how I knew. I saw Mauluk watching us, and gave him a look. I didn't hate him half as much as I thought I would ... still, I neither liked nor trusted him.

"Anyway. You wanted to ask me something?"
Old 02-26-2003, 10:47 PM   #153
Lubyla

We made it to the castle and I made my way to the empress. I knocked on her door, and waited, releasing my necklace.

Old 02-26-2003, 10:48 PM   #154
Fred Baggins

"Ask you something? Ask you something." I sat down again. I had to get her to leave somehow. "Ask you...how your sister is..." I was putting it off.
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 02-26-2003, 10:56 PM   #155
Silverstripe

"Stephanie? She's fine. She graduated from law school, and she's a lawyer now. But is that really what you wanted to ask me? You and Stephanie were never that close," I said.

I heard a knock on my door, and went to answer. It was probably Lily Brandybuck, coming to tell me any information she'd gathered. "Yes?"

And then my eyes went wide with shock as I saw who was at the door, someone I'd never expected to see again.

"Star? Starlight Adams?! What are you doing here?" I spoke in a tone that was not unkind, only puzzled.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:00 PM   #156
Fred Baggins

"Closer than you would ever belive." I murmered. I had had a few talks with her sister. "Kathie if I where to tell you your life where in danger by staying here, would you leave?" Again putting it off. What was so hard about the simple question? She surly could help me, I was sure it was only a matter of returning to the between worlds. But I couldn't ask.
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 02-26-2003, 11:06 PM   #157
Silverstripe

"I..." I started to respond, a feeling of exhaustion coming over me. No, it wasn't fatigue ... it was like ... like my life was slowly being drained away. "I'll leave when I will leave," I said, leaning up against one of the walls.

"Welcome to the kingdom. Come in."
Old 02-26-2003, 11:12 PM   #158
Fred Baggins

I stood up straight, no longer leaning on the staff. "Would you leave if your life where in danger Kathrine Welsh?" I felt life flowing through me, but it didn't seem to shock me. "You did not answer my question." I no longer needed support, no longer felt the fatigue that had consumed me seconds before. I watched the body, for that was all she was anymore, slump down, as her life filled me. Vaguly somewhere in my mind I was painicing, trying to stop. But I couldn't.
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 02-26-2003, 11:21 PM   #159
Silverstripe

My strength continued to drain, and I gasped for breath. It was Faith doing this to me, I knew ... but what exactly was she doing?!

In the back of my mind, I heard someone laughing. I could tell that it wasn't Faith. Someone else, someone who was entirely evil.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:35 PM   #160
Fred Baggins

Suddenly I sat down, hard, letting the life leave me. I looked across at Kathie, who was wide eyes, as the life flowed back into her. I pulled the hood of mother's cloak over my head ashamed of what I had done. But I wouldn't apologise. "Would you leave if your life where in direct danger?" I said, with an unemotional, unexplaining voice.
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Closed Thread