Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2003, 11:32 AM   #141
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Dreran...what does that mean? I don't recognise any of it.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 06:41 PM   #142
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

What do you mean? You don't understand all the stuff I wrote about me in ME or you don't understand who the Istari were?
If you mean the first, that is very understandable because I just wrote a bunch of weird stuff about my character when I was feeling hyper.
Sorry if I confused anybody!

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 10:27 PM   #143
Anglorfin
Alasailon

. . . I liked it.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 12:23 PM   #144
Psycho Kitty
Enting

I want to be a female pretty version of gollum. I think that would be the best possible life. If only sauron were dead from the start though.

We all come to terms with it at some time or another.
That beautiful feeling of being left behind.
With the Golden promise touching anothers horizion.
Being left sitting still and waiting for nothing.
Unable to move until it comes.
Psycho Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 04:35 PM   #145
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Quote:
Originally posted by Anglorfin
. . . I liked it.
Aha! Thanks then. Nice to have people like my hyperness. The high points in life are when you're hyper.
...........My life must be almost perfect, then

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 05:03 PM   #146
Elf Girl
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by Psycho Kitty
I want to be a female pretty version of gollum. I think that would be the best possible life. If only sauron were dead from the start though.
You think Gollum has the best possible life? Forever tormented and haunted by the Ring? Unable to die and claim the gift of Men? Not even able to be true to Frodo his master for the twisting of that evil thing?

And if Willow only married Glorfindel in a post, then I married him in real life.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 06:41 PM   #147
Ruinel
Banned

I agree with Elf Girl. Gollum was a tormented soul, always in pain from The One Ring, yet always desiring it.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 07:54 PM   #148
Psycho Kitty
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by Elf Girl
You think Gollum has the best possible life? Forever tormented and haunted by the Ring? Unable to die and claim the gift of Men? Not even able to be true to Frodo his master for the twisting of that evil thing?
Hiss!! Frodo was not his master! Frodo took the precious from him. It was more his then anyone elses except sauron. Not Bilbos and certainly not Frodos. And yes I would love to be like gollum because gollum had the ring and needed nothing else. Not companionship or love or money or jewels or weapons not even fancy clothes. He didn’t care about where he lived. He didn’t care about aquiring anything. He didn’t care about any of the endless stupid petty things people worry about all their normal stupid meaningless lives. The ring gave him everything. It gave him a reason to be. It was the perfect drug times like 1000. he could be content forever existing in his own filth. What more can you ask for then that. To have all your focus be one object that pushes out everything else and you no longer have to worry about anything anymore. For eternity. Just insane bliss.

nasty elf….

Old 04-29-2003, 07:56 PM   #149
Psycho Kitty
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
I agree with Elf Girl. Gollum was a tormented soul, always in pain from The One Ring, yet always desiring it.
only after he lost it. When he had it he was content.

Old 04-29-2003, 08:02 PM   #150
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
only after he lost it. When he had it he was content.
No, he suffered with The Rings as well. Did you not read Gandalf's explanation of Gollum's life. He became paranoid and mistrustful and was so twisted by The One Ring that his grandmother threw him out and he was forced to be alone. Eventually even shunning Anar and Isil, creeping down into a cave in the mountain where he barely survived but his will bent upon The One Ring only.

And you want to be like that?
Old 04-29-2003, 08:13 PM   #151
Psycho Kitty
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
No, he suffered with The Rings as well. Did you not read Gandalf's explanation of Gollum's life. He became paranoid and mistrustful and was so twisted by The One Ring that his grandmother threw him out and he was forced to be alone. Eventually even shunning Anar and Isil, creeping down into a cave in the mountain where he barely survived but his will bent upon The One Ring only.

And you want to be like that?
yes. when he lived in the cave he was isolated and content and there was no one to bother him. thats the perfect life to me. until that baggins came along...

Old 04-29-2003, 08:32 PM   #152
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
yes. when he lived in the cave he was isolated and content and there was no one to bother him. thats the perfect life to me. until that baggins came along...
LOL! Ok, you've convinced me... you can be Gollum. LOL!
Old 04-30-2003, 12:37 AM   #153
Entlover
Elven Warrior

Quote:
he could be content forever existing in his own filth. What more can you ask for then that. To have all your focus be one object . . . For eternity. Just insane bliss.
Until it betrayed him -- like any other drug. Sad case.

Addiction to the Moot is much more healthy and happy.
Entlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 06:40 AM   #154
Elf Girl
Lurker

Quote:
He was not content. Gandalf said that the murder of Déagol haunted him, and he spent all his spare time, (which was most of his life) trying to convince himself that he had been right to take the Ring.

Also, with possesing, and "focusing on" the Ring, comes an insane fear that someone will take it, and a possesive need to protect it every minute.
Old 04-30-2003, 10:49 AM   #155
Psycho Kitty
Enting

Quote:
He was not content. Gandalf said that the murder of Déagol haunted him, and he spent all his spare time, (which was most of his life) trying to convince himself that he had been right to take the Ring.

Also, with possesing, and "focusing on" the Ring, comes an insane fear that someone will take it, and a possesive need to protect it every minute.
He WAS right to take the ring! Just think if he had given it to the village elder or something then it most likely would have caused much worse trouble because it would have wound up in the hands of someone powerful enough to make a mess of things. You would have had murder after murder and tribes battling against tribes and eventually mass war and certainly by then evil forces would have been focusing on the ring because it would have become obvious the one ring had been found. it would make a mess of things. so how can you fault him for taking this burdon himself and hiding it away where it couldnt cause all this mess. he did everyone a favor! thats why hes a hero. and who cares about Déagol. I would kill him too. along with nasty elves.....<evil smilie>

Old 04-30-2003, 10:57 AM   #156
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Excuse me, I think their's something in my eye.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 02:46 PM   #157
Elf Girl
Lurker

Quote:
He WAS right to take the ring! Just think if he had given it to the village elder or something then it most likely would have caused much worse trouble because it would have wound up in the hands of someone powerful enough to make a mess of things. You would have had murder after murder and tribes battling against tribes and eventually mass war and certainly by then evil forces would have been focusing on the ring because it would have become obvious the one ring had been found. it would make a mess of things. so how can you fault him for taking this burdon himself and hiding it away where it couldnt cause all this mess. he did everyone a favor! thats why hes a hero. and who cares about Déagol. I would kill him too. along with nasty elves.....<evil smilie>
Okay. Starting a Gollum debate thread. Don't want my precious thread contaminated with off-topic Gollum debates.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:46 PM   #158
Elf Girl
Lurker

Quote:
Okay. Starting a Gollum debate thread. Don't want my precious thread contaminated with off-topic Gollum debates.
Old 04-30-2003, 03:51 PM   #159
Psycho Kitty
Enting

your precious thread?

Old 04-30-2003, 05:04 PM   #160
Psycho Kitty
Enting

Quote:
well i posted in there. and i can SEE my post but it still says i didnt post. can you see it?