Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-20-2002, 12:27 AM   #141
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

(puts on the Miles Davis recording of "Someday My Prince Will Come")
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 09:59 AM   #142
Miranda
'Bohemian princess of Covent Garden

Tee hee!!!! I have to say that song actually makes me want to throw up but I'm constantly having it sung at me by people that its kinda become my theme tune. Actually toying with potential boyfriend at the moment but have to sort out more major issues first before embarking on whirlwind romance with gorgeous dancer type lad!!! Have too many things on at the moment so unless he knows an awful lot about Roman Britain and likes reading Tacitus he won't be able to see me that often as I have these bloody annoying things called A Levels- that's another reason why love sucks- you spend months without it then when it comes- you have homework!!!!!! Mx
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 03:56 PM   #143
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Ah, Roman Britain... wish I did that back in school... but reading Lindsey Davis and visiting the British Museum once got me somewhat caught up.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Old 03-21-2003, 02:26 AM   #144
soforlessinokayloo
Hobbit

I think the biggest problem with love is that all too often it gets mistaken for something very different. People like so much the idea of being in love that they convince themselves they actually are. It's sad because no matter what, it still hurts. Love has many forms. In the way you are talking about, this is a romantic love and the term should not be frivolously used in this case. The romantic "love" that most of us know, well, it can be be summed up as this: love is evol. Get it? But real love one that lasts through those years,even in hard times, the love that hopes all things, bears all things, believes all things and endures all things. That is the love that never fails and can be considered true love. Someone "in love" who is more aware of thier own feelings than that of the other person has sadly mistaken what they think they are feeling and what they actually are. If this person is you speak of is hurt because they wanted you as their partner, they should rethink their words. Most of the time a person should be sad but more importantly, be concerned with whether you are going to be happy no matter what happens. If they are not the one to make you happy, they wish at least someone will. That is truly caring.
soforlessinokayloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 02:36 AM   #145
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Love is a two-way street.

No wonder so many people get run over.

Old 03-21-2003, 07:46 AM   #146
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Love is a four letter word.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 04:02 PM   #147
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Love brings out the best in people...

At least, in terms of their capacity to come up with cynical quotations.

Old 03-21-2003, 05:32 PM   #148
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally posted by soforlessinokayloo
I think the biggest problem with love is that all too often it gets mistaken for something very different. People like so much the idea of being in love that they convince themselves they actually are. It's sad because no matter what, it still hurts. Love has many forms. In the way you are talking about, this is a romantic love and the term should not be frivolously used in this case. The romantic "love" that most of us know, well, it can be be summed up as this: love is evol. Get it? But real love one that lasts through those years,even in hard times, the love that hopes all things, bears all things, believes all things and endures all things. That is the love that never fails and can be considered true love. Someone "in love" who is more aware of thier own feelings than that of the other person has sadly mistaken what they think they are feeling and what they actually are. If this person is you speak of is hurt because they wanted you as their partner, they should rethink their words. Most of the time a person should be sad but more importantly, be concerned with whether you are going to be happy no matter what happens. If they are not the one to make you happy, they wish at least someone will. That is truly caring.
Very good post.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 06:48 PM   #149
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

Whoever says teenagers are incapable of experiencing love, I will have to disagree with. Teenagers I think are very confused when it comes to identifying love, but to say that they cannot feel it is a bit innaccurate. Everyone is capable of love, from birth to the oldest of us. Hopefully, a person can always love someone, atleast a friend or family member/s. However, once people reach adolescence, they have to start bridging the gap between childhood and the adult world... adults are obviously capable of romantic love. I believe teenagers are incredibly confused, biased, and wrong about love. One of the best married couples I know, the man and woman love eachother incredibly, but it's not exactly a sellout romantic love... more like a best friend love. Teenagers may be confused about romantic love, but to say that they are incapable of love is an overstatement.

I hate using the term "in love". I think it is a bit more genuine if two people love eachother, but to label it as "in love" is a bit... superficial in my mind.

Last edited by Sminty_Smeagol : 03-21-2003 at 06:49 PM.
Sminty_Smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 12:55 AM   #150
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Yep. Love still sucks. The venting thread will explain why.
Old 04-02-2003, 05:48 AM   #151
Belle
Enting

I do believe in true love, but I know that if it comes without trust then it rips you apart. I was so involved with someone emotionally that when we broke up it turned both our lives upside down. But even the pain was a learning experience and taught me so much about myself and how to deal with life and its problems and how to cope on my own. It nearly killed me, but it's also made me the person I am today, and that's a person I'm proud to be.
So thanks for making me a fighter
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Made me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter
Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 04:41 PM   #152
congressmn
Incharge: neighbourhood security

love is lovely and expensive, guess that sums up my opinion on love
Old 04-02-2003, 04:56 PM   #153
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by congressmn
Next time ask her if she will accept a credit card

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 05:05 PM   #154
congressmn
Incharge: neighbourhood security

god.
Old 04-02-2003, 05:32 PM   #155
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by congressmn
god.
Nah....that's just the avatar

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 06:50 PM   #156
Ornelírë Mistë
Elven Warrior

It is not just whether or not you are in love, but how you handle it. And how you handle it when it goes, or someone else's love goes. Experience! Best thing in the world. Experience is the best teacher. (Not to say you should try everything. A lot of the time, simply knowing w/out experiencing is enough.) And there is no "best" way to deal with things. You learn from how you deal with things..
Or maybe I'm insane. I'm just rather young.

Last edited by Ornelírë Mistë : 04-02-2003 at 07:01 PM.
Ornelírë Mistë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 11:08 PM   #157
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

Re: Love Sucks

Quote:
Originally posted by Starr Polish
Especially when someone 'loves you', and you don't love them back...

I hate hurting people
I know there is this kid in my art class that likes me and I really HATE him what should I do ?[he has a really weird name too!

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 11:16 PM   #158
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

What's in a name?

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 10:06 AM   #159
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Originally posted by afro-elf
Love is a four letter word.
I can think of something else that's also a four letter word

Quote:
Would you rather it be ugly & cheap?

Legoles - Why do you feel a specifically strong urge to do anything about it? If he's making a nuisance of himself try letting him know that his attention is unwelcome. But be gentle - you don't want to put him off forever.

If that doesn't work break his kneecaps

Last edited by Baby-K : 04-03-2003 at 10:17 AM.
Baby-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 12:40 AM   #160
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

On the plus side, this girl I'm talking to wants to get together sometime and watch all three original Star Wars movies (Episodes 4-6) back-to-back-to-back. Could it get any better?

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote