Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-12-2004, 08:17 AM   #141
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Book update:

Chap. 1: At the Dursely's, Harry whines about being stuck there. We find out what Dudley saw during his previous Dementor attack. Harry's dreams of Lord Moldy Shorts are renewed and he is pissed.

Chap. 2: Harry ponders on what Dudley saw and wonders why his life sucks. (JKR said that this book would be the shortest summer at the Dursely's.) Lupin comes to Privet Drive and takes Harry to the Order of the Phoenix headquarters. We find out that Kreacher has left Grimald Place to work for Narcissa Malfoy, since he technically belongs to her. But Kreacher is strictly forbidden to divulge any secrets about the OotP.

Chap. 3: Harry is filled in, and fills in his friends, and maybe they try out some advanced magic they've each learned over the summer. Harry gives the shattered two-way mirror from Sirius to a very curious Hermione. We find out that Harry is the new Gryffindor quidditch captin. Harry's OWLS scores are as follows:

Charms- O
Transfiguration- EE
Herbology- EE
Defense Against the Dark Arts- O+
Potions- scraps an O
Care of Magical Creatures- EE
Divination- P
Astonomy- P
History oMagic - P

(Remember, it's Outstanding (O), Exceeds Expectations (EE), Acceptable (A), Poor (P), Dreadful (D) and Troll (T).)

Some of Harry's classes this year are:

Defense against the Dark Arts
Transfigurations
Charms
Potions

Chap. 4: Harry learns that his parents were both Aurors. Dumbledore comes and apolgizes again for not telling Harry of the prophecy, and he and Harry are buddy buddy once more. We hear that Voldemort has been busy attracting followers and attacking muggle born families. We see Neville and learn that he and his grandmother have been staying at the Order Headquarters, because they are in serious danger from the Deatheaters. Thus, Harry gets a new friend (they were friends before but now they're closer becasue they're in the same boat.)

Chap. 5: They go get their books They visit Fred and George's shop. The shop has been quite successful, and the twins are definitely not returning to Hogwarts. Enter the new and even more evil Malfoy, with new and more evil/angry mother. They do/say somthing VERY nasty and/or threatning, and rather ominous too! They find out the new DADA teacher is
Professor Chaudry, from India. He has unusual ways of doing things, that conflict with the Hogwarts routines and traditions, thus making the other teachers somewhat annoyed. But the students like him and start imitating him ....causing all kinds of wacky fun! Prof Chaudry is really strict in lessons, but he often involves himself with the students lives outside of lessons.

Chap. 6: Sirius's will is read. Sirius made sure to update it and included Harry as his heir. It was very important to him. As a result, Harry inherits Grimmauld place. Harry is thrilled to have his godfather's home. Sirius also took care to have Remus appointed Harry's guardian..

Chap.7: Professor Snape starts the dueling club up again, and always seems to set up Harry, Ron and Hermione in dangerous, stressful duels. Things are getting quite touchy and personal between Slytherin and Gryffindor, and Prof Snape seems to thrive on it. Prof Chaudry's unusual ways of doing things causes conflicts in the dueling club also.

Chapt. 8: Harry's dreams are being invaded by Voldemort, and Harry actually has a spell during the Halloween party where he starts spouting parsel tongue, terrifying everyone, and himself! Prof Chaudry is instructed to continue Harry's very important occlumency lessons.

Chap. 9: Ginny Weasley has matured greatly over the summer, and Harry notices and developes a crush. Now it's his turn to act awkwardly around her! Ginny is preoccupied with her upcoming OWLS and doesn't appear to notice Harrys new attitude towards her.

Chap. 10: Several muggle-born Hogwarts students ( to date, a Hufflepuff, and a Ravenclaw) vanish mysteriously and the staff suspects port keys have been planted on the school grounds by Voldemort supporters. Where the muggleborn students are being transported to is unknown. This "problem" is kept hush hush, but Hagrid accidently "spills the beans" when he overhears Ron freaking out because he thinks Hermione (Gryffindor) will be next.
Hagrid also has his hands full trying to keep the creatures in the forest safe, and his giant half brother is suspected as a trouble maker.

Chapter 11- The MoM is making a full search for the missing Muggleborn students, but they are keeping it very secret, as it's not supposed to be widely known. Harry dreams about Voldie and the disappearences, so he goes to Dumbledore to tell him about it, but then he realises that Voldie will have known about the dream so it wouldn't do much good anyway.

Chapter 12- Hermione is trying to improve inter-House relationships because once agian that's what the Sorting Hat said. Ron doesn't like that and/or doesn't believe her and they have a big fight. They refuse to talk to each other.

Chapter 13- Hermione suceeds in her plan. Blaise Zabini (A Slytherin girl) goes to the OotP side (Or says she does!). Ron doesn't trust her, but Dumbledore says he should. Blaise and Harry strike up a bit of a friendship through their mutual interest in Quidditch broom handling techniques. Ginny becomes a little jealous, putting Harry in the "hot spot" with the ladies.

Chapter 14- Hagrid takes the Trio to visit Grawp again. He says he's become much better behaved over the summer. Amazingly, they find he has. They have a (semi) intelligent conversation with him, but it's like he was a small child.

Chapter 15- A Quidditch match, vs. Slytherin. Malfoy has a Firebolt. He keeps cheating so Gryffindor gets lots of penalty shots. Ginny is a Chaser and she's really good and Ron is still keeper, but he's improved, so have the new beaters. Unfortunately the Gryffindor team isn't very experienced, and they are tied with Slytherin. Then Harry gets the Snitch and Gryffindor wins, but the game is very close. Blaise is impressed with Harry's skill, complimenting him.... much to Ginny's annoyment. Ginny joins her brother Ron in the distrust of the "good" Slytherin.

Disscussion???

Last edited by Lizra : 08-13-2004 at 10:56 PM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 02:45 PM   #142
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirigorn
Well, like I said before, if a Muggleborn was in Slytherin, he doesn't have to tell anyone does he? And you're just using Draco as an example. He's like the only Slytherin they really go into detail in in the books, so how do you know that all Slytherins are like him?

~Siri~
Malfoy could know from the family name - like Crab and Goyle, who we know are death-eaters. I'm sure Malfoy knows most of the names of the family wizards. And if the mother is the wizard, while the father isn't, I'd say Malfoy can guess by what they know of the magic-world.. like what's quidich. (sp.)

What's MoM By the way?
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 04:47 PM   #143
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Well, if one of their parents is a wizard, wouldn't (s)he be sure to tell the kid all about the wizarding world so that he wouldn't be left behind??

The MoM either refers to the Minister of Magic of the Ministry. I think in this case it was the Ministry.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 05:15 PM   #144
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Yeah, I'm talking about the muggle-borns, not half.
Old 08-14-2004, 06:39 PM   #145
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by radagast the brown
And if the mother is the wizard, while the father isn't, I'd say Malfoy can guess by what they know of the magic-world.. like what's quidich. (sp.)
But here you said if the mother was a witch an the father a Muggle... But if you meant Muggle-borns, I do agree with you. Unless they're like Hermione, which I doubt.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
Old 08-14-2004, 07:09 PM   #146
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I said that as a proof that even if only the mother is a wizard, they'd know about the wizard world - and it's important that the mother is the wizard, because this way to cannot identify the student by family name.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:03 PM   #147
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Oh, okay. I didn't get that.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 08-17-2004, 06:21 PM   #148
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Who wants to create the next five chapters!!! Brown Rad or Azalea....would you care to put your stamp on our outline!!
Old 08-17-2004, 06:34 PM   #149
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizra
Who wants to create the next five chapters!!! Brown Rad or Azalea....would you care to put your stamp on our outline!!
I'd like too if I wasn't so busy, as I'm still in England until the end of this month. Sorry... if you can wait, I'll do the next five chapters, but it'd take some time. Maybe in the flight bakc to Israel - but that would only be in almost 2 weeks. I can do the five chapters later on though.

Just to add to some kind of discussion - do you really think the dreams part isn't already done? I mean... it begind to look boring, and I'm not sure that's what Rowling would want in her new book, as the last one wasn't very successful.

I also think we should do that Harry would lose one Quidditch match, and not from Dementors or something else that aren't his fault... a new chaser, that would be almost as good as Harry. I think it would be cool.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:45 PM   #150
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I agree on the dreams! I have Harry having that "fit" or "siezure" type incident at the Halloween party where he speaks *snake*... Want to have Voldemort just "out and out" possess Harry every now and then? And Harry could have a few crucial snippets/glimpses into Volde's world??
Azalea, would you like to do 5 chapters, and then Rad? Just have some fun here....
Old 08-17-2004, 09:38 PM   #151
azalea
Long lost mooter

I'll try, but I'm really bad at this kind of thing. Since it's just for fun, and you guys are going to have your say, too, I'll try it. It'll have to wait till tomorrow, though; I'm done staring at the screen for today!
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 11:02 PM   #152
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

That's all right, azalea, I took long enough with these!!

Dreams.... I figured that maybe he would continue to have them. I dunno... we can cut it, if you want.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 08-18-2004, 08:35 AM   #153
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

WE could do a dream or two if there was important info involved, but the "Harry was constantly in fear of losing his subconscious mind to Voldy" was heavily done in the last book. Maybe Chaudry could start right off with teaching Harry some "eastern style" occlumency method that stoped the dreams from being such a constant threat. Could Harry be given his own Pensieve bowl?
Old 08-18-2004, 01:41 PM   #154
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Ooo, good idea. That would help. Both things, the 'eastern' occlumency and the pensieve.
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 08-18-2004, 04:38 PM   #155
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

What would Harry put in the bowl though? Those bowls are wild!
Old 08-18-2004, 06:09 PM   #156
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Any memories he woudn't want Voldie to see? Like any Order stuff. So he wouldn't know what was happening in the Order by spying on Harry.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 08-18-2004, 09:50 PM   #157
azalea
Long lost mooter

I am so very bad at this

16 -- Harry meets the Half-Blood Prince, who is the Heir of Gryffindor. The heir has come to Hogwarts at the behest of Dumbledore to...? How about, he is an historian who is also gifted at Legilimens. He gives a bunch of backstory about Slytherin and parseltongue, etc. Then he enters Harry's mind to try to discover what can be gleaned about Voldemort and his plans. (I had no idea about this, but it seems like Harry ought to meet the title character at this point!)

17 -- Uh, this chapter can be about...*thinking* more details about missing students, the deepening relationship of the houses through the dueling club (which those in DA are using to help further their skills), and more innuendos involving Ginny & Harry, and more angry stuff between Ron and Hermione. All of this proves a distraction from another task -- helping Hagrid with Grawp (teaching, and also keeping him from being "exterminated" by the MoM for being a danger to the students).

18 -- Prof. Chaudry invites the students to do some Eastern spell of some kind to try to locate the missing students (I feel we need to start to wrap some of this together!). The chapter revolves around this "seance" of sorts, with all the players there from the different houses ("our" Gryffindors, plus the assorted students from other houses who are part of the attempt at a coming together). Luna is really into this. Everyone is trying to come up with theories about where they've gone and how.

19 -- They have a Hogsmead weekend, and there Harry runs into the Heir of Gryffindor at (?), because that is where he is staying for the time being. He also meets Lupin there, who updates Harry on the goings-on at the house. Fred and George are having a slight drop in business, because there was a rumor started that one of their candies was causing the disappearances, although it is ridiculous because only Muggle borns are disappearing. (of which there have been four others since chapter 10.

20 -- The Heir of Gryffindor sends Harry his own pensieve in which to place his thoughts, so that he (the heir) may further investigate Harry's thoughts and memories involving Voldemort. Harry keeps messing up while trying to remove the memories, and hilarity ensues. Finally he succeeds in mastering it. He has some kind of run-in with Draco at some point in this chapter as well, and he makes fun of Ginny or something, and Harry alomst freaks out, then, to his own surprise, is able to control himself. He credits Prof. Chaudry's teachings for his new-found self control.

Also, I think we need to have put in that Harry repaired the mirror he broke that Sirius had given him, and Lupin had given him the other one, and Harry and Ron have been using it to communicate with Hermione in their separate classes and in the separate dorms.

So, anything there worth keeping?
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 08:05 AM   #158
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Great Azalea!

Chpt 16....So the title "Half Blood Prince" is given to this person by who? How about "The Daily Prophet", in their big story about the arrival of this person to Hogwarts. "Half Blood Prince" seems a little cheesey to be an official title that someone is walking around with (unless you are Gilderoy Lockheart ) It seems like something people start calling you, whether you like it or not...like "The King of Pop" . How he is the "Heir of Gryffindor"...could you elaborate?

Chpt 17....The deepening relationship between the houses...is this good or(and) bad relations? We have a Gryffindor/Slytherin connection between Harry and Blaise which appears good ( ) anything else about these interhouse relationships? The Hagrid and Grawp line is very nice!

I love the rumour about the candy!

Last edited by Lizra : 08-20-2004 at 08:07 AM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 05:08 PM   #159
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I think the Heir of Gryffindor is a great idea Azalea. But I think we should name him, unless the name has anything to do with the events later on.
I think the Heir should stay at the Three Brooms (broomsticks? Whatever the name is), as Harry goes that place the most.

I like the communication with the mirrors, as well as most of the ideas... but when is it repaired? Can I use it in the next chapters if I do them?

Also, I think we should know that the things in Chapter 17 continue for the next chapters as well... and maybe mention them once in a while - like what's up with Grawp in Chapter 20.
Old 08-20-2004, 06:35 PM   #160
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

It's the Three Broomsticks, Rad. I think that would be good too.

The Heir of Gryffindor is working for Voldemort... wierd, but cool. Hey, two of my friends have Evil!Harry fetishes. And they have started me with that as well. But yeah... We should name him Ben Gryffindor! But probably none of you will get that reference, so I'll just shut up now...

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD