Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-08-2006, 08:56 PM   #141
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Really? *feels special*
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Love is madness of the very best sort.
Lady Willow Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:28 AM   #142
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Strider

Yep...you can slightly glimpse part of it in my new post. I'm planning something big.
Ok, so here's how it's going to work. First off, Curmaar and Lady Willow will go up north to help Alatar, Hluor, and company. The rest will begin to form parties to go into Ithilien to protect Gondor from the Assassin's hordes. Then...I'm going to bring in the plot twist which was previously hinted at, which will complicate things greatly.
There will come two climaxes: one in the South, one in the North. And then I'll wrap it all up.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:52 AM   #143
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

LET THE DRAMA BEGIN! *laughs wickedly*
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Old 01-10-2006, 02:19 PM   #144
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Don't forget we have an orc party to demolish LWR, I started out has Acalewia, but now i'm also playing Colomir and Elnar. I don't thik there's a limit

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:36 PM   #145
Curubethion

Strider

Ahhh!! There's people that know elvish here!! (at least you subtitled it )
LWR, how did you guess my plot twist? (or did you?)
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 01-11-2006, 12:47 AM   #146
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

*smirks* My secrets are my own.

Old 01-11-2006, 12:21 PM   #147
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

I got the subtitle idea from LWR I actually had to look up my elvish though I must admit I don't actually know that stuff off the top of my head.

hey Willow did you name alateriel as a sort of nemesis to Alatar or was it just a coincidence?
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:41 AM   #148
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

*thinks about giving a cryptic answer then shrugs* Just coincidence. I believe he name means Dragon Savior or something of that ilk. I can't remember exactly.

Old 01-12-2006, 02:10 PM   #149
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

LWR, where did you find that Elvish? I know a few phrases. of course when i need them they out of hand.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 12:41 AM   #150
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

I found this wonderful little site. http://www.grey-company.org/Circle/language/phrase.htm

So handy.

Old 01-15-2006, 04:09 PM   #151
Curubethion

Strider

Let's see...LWR, I think it's your turn to post now. Give your character's reaction to seeing Elessar. Save most of your history...it would be a good thing to develop in the sequel to Assassin's Shadow....(yes, we're planning a sequel) After that, your character can go meet Curmaar. Everyone else gear up to go to Ithilien, with more soldiers and rangers of course.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:43 AM   #152
rohirrim TR

Is our sequel still going to be in Moria?

hmm I may have to bring our dwarves back for the climax....
Quote:
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:54 PM   #153
Curubethion

Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirrim TR
Is our sequel still going to be in Moria?

hmm I may have to bring our dwarves back for the climax....
Yeah, the sequel's still in Moria. Don't do anything with Nakoin, or whatever his name was (the dwarf who took the Mithrilstone). I've got plans for him in the sequel...as far as we're concerned, he's out of the story. But the other dwarves, bring 'em out! I forgot about the North in my previous Discussion Thread post. You can post soon too.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:32 PM   #154
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curubethion
Let's see...LWR, I think it's your turn to post now. Give your character's reaction to seeing Elessar. Save most of your history...it would be a good thing to develop in the sequel to Assassin's Shadow....(yes, we're planning a sequel) After that, your character can go meet Curmaar. Everyone else gear up to go to Ithilien, with more soldiers and rangers of course.
I'll get right to that.

Old 01-18-2006, 03:37 PM   #155
rohirrim TR

FYI: Alatar is not a mortal just so you know, he is a blue wizard who now has two wizards (morluin and alatriel) to crazygonuts on.
Quote:
Old 01-19-2006, 12:24 AM   #156
Curubethion

Strider

rTR...had a couple questions...
First, what did Gimli mean, "that dratted friend of yours is holed up in the Barrow-Downs, waiting to kill you if she fails"?
Second, is it Alateriel at the door? If so...LWR might want to slightly change the last line of her post.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:54 AM   #157
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Yikes about the mortal screw up. But if he's kill-able, Alatriel is arrogant enough to call him mortal.

And can Alatriel get a horse first before she charges off somewhere?

Old 01-19-2006, 03:53 PM   #158
rohirrim TR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curubethion
rTR...had a couple questions...
First, what did Gimli mean, "that dratted friend of yours is holed up in the Barrow-Downs, waiting to kill you if she fails"?
Second, is it Alateriel at the door? If so...LWR might want to slightly change the last line of her post.
"dratted friend" refferring to Morluin formerly known as Pollando the other blue wizard who must be...er...black or something now

well I actually thought that we could assume some time had passed but either way...

LWR- is alatriel and lady willow supposed to fight? if thats the case then she will have to live through her encounter with Alatar and pop up at the end I assume?
Quote:
Old 01-20-2006, 12:38 AM   #159
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Alatriel and Willow are enemies in every sense of the word. Yes, they are to fight. It's also unlikely that a wizard could kill her, however powerful.

Old 01-20-2006, 11:33 AM   #160
rohirrim TR

cool, hey that site you linked us to was pretty sweet it had all those spells and everything.

edit: your post was great it should be easy for you and Curub to set up
Curmaar and Willow V. Icedrake, Alatriel at sort of the same time
Quote:

Last edited by rohirrim TR : 01-20-2006 at 11:37 AM.