Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-14-2003, 08:25 AM   #141
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Elenka:
First there is SS, the Shapeless Spirit. What it is or who is unknown. It's just like a shapeless, colorless blob...
My experience with Ghosts
By Andúril

Chapter 3: The Curse of the Shapeless Spirit aka The Infrequent Expulsion of Gaseous Emissions.

And then I was sleeping and Benji was slepping too and we were in bed together and Benji was lieing by my feet and I was dreaming happy dreems coz I new that if my dream was not a dream then Benji would have protect me so I was smiling but then I woke up because I heard another noise and it sounded like the expulsion of gaseous emissions but the noise was only now and again and I sat up in my bed and Benji grolwd and bit my toe and I kicked Benji and so I said sorry to Benji and Beji still growled but then I new that something was wrong because Benji never growls twice and then I went to the door and put myu ear on the door and I did hear nothing thus the audible expulsion should for all intents and purposes be considered infrequent but then suddenly the door sprang open and there was the ghost and it was the ghost from before and it was see through and licke a blob and it laffed at me and it laffed at Benji too and I did not like that because I don't like benji being laffed at and neither does Benji so I asked the blob of ghost were it was from and it said in a hideously terrifying hiss that it was from the barn and then I said oh no and then Benji covered his eyes with his paws like in the movies only this was not a movie but real life and then the bolb of ghost did come closer and i was scared and also alarmed

Chapter 4: The Return of the Benji

but i was not afraid and I stepped up to the ghost and I did say that I have no barn and then I looked at Benji and his teeth were growing and then he was no longer a chihauhau but a kodiak bear and I was not afraid anymore because Benji protects me so the ghost got scared and said Aaaarrrgh but Benji stood up and growled as if he was a big bear AAAAAARRRGGHH and the ghost disappeared and all was over and benji chnaged shape into a dog.

Chapter 6: Toilet paper

But then I woke up and it was another dream and I know this because Benji never bites my toe.
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 11:07 AM   #142
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
What do you think?
Um, gold like Princess Leah's?

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 01:10 PM   #143
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

BoP's wearing pink boxers. Get it? BOXers. Mwahahahahaha.

*sigh*
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 02:54 PM   #144
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Tartan with gold embroidered JRRT symbols

Now, with all due respects to BoPs underwear, any of our psychic friends tell me next weeks lottery numbers? Or at the very least when the police are gonna stop me in my car?

I don't hold much faith with psychics.....I do however have a lot of faith in coincidenses.

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 04:29 PM   #145
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

I dunno...To me, being psychic isn't just thinking, here's what I want to know. It just kinda comes and goes, and I'm almost never able to actually predict or know things before they happen.

Now about the lottery numbers...Ask the dude at the desk, I'm not that good.

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Elenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 02:41 AM   #146
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andúril
My experience with Ghosts
By Andúril

Chapter 3: The Curse of the Shapeless Spirit aka The Infrequent Expulsion of Gaseous Emissions.

And then I was sleeping and Benji was slepping too and we were in bed together and Benji was lieing by my feet and I was dreaming happy dreems coz I new that if my dream was not a dream then Benji would have protect me so I was smiling but then I woke up because I heard another noise and it sounded like the expulsion of gaseous emissions but the noise was only now and again and I sat up in my bed and Benji grolwd and bit my toe and I kicked Benji and so I said sorry to Benji and Beji still growled but then I new that something was wrong because Benji never growls twice and then I went to the door and put myu ear on the door and I did hear nothing thus the audible expulsion should for all intents and purposes be considered infrequent but then suddenly the door sprang open and there was the ghost and it was the ghost from before and it was see through and licke a blob and it laffed at me and it laffed at Benji too and I did not like that because I don't like benji being laffed at and neither does Benji so I asked the blob of ghost were it was from and it said in a hideously terrifying hiss that it was from the barn and then I said oh no and then Benji covered his eyes with his paws like in the movies only this was not a movie but real life and then the bolb of ghost did come closer and i was scared and also alarmed

Chapter 4: The Return of the Benji

but i was not afraid and I stepped up to the ghost and I did say that I have no barn and then I looked at Benji and his teeth were growing and then he was no longer a chihauhau but a kodiak bear and I was not afraid anymore because Benji protects me so the ghost got scared and said Aaaarrrgh but Benji stood up and growled as if he was a big bear AAAAAARRRGGHH and the ghost disappeared and all was over and benji chnaged shape into a dog.

Chapter 6: Toilet paper

But then I woke up and it was another dream and I know this because Benji never bites my toe.

Oh my god I miss Anduril...

One time a ghost spoke to me. He said, "Now I've got you." I will never forget it; it scared me so deeply that for about ten years after it happened I could not even talk about it without becoming terrified all over again. (I was a kid, about 7 years old at the time. )

Ghost stories, y'all!! It's Hallowe'en! Anybody here have a personal-experience ghost story to share? Any brush with the spooky, any strange events you've experienced which made the hairs on the back of your neck stand up and make your heart race, and freeze you with terror but fascinate you and thrill you at the same time?

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:35 AM   #147
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Oh wow Lotesse, this has to be the longest-duration thread revival ever, that's awesome!

I haven't seen any ghosts before, but I felt strange things before. Like this summer it was probably 86 degrees in my office because the air conditioner broke. All of the sudden I felt very cold for about a minute and then it passed. Apparently there is a spirit going through here. I've seen weird things here.

This past April I had a very strange dream, you know, one of those ones where you can't move for 10 to 20 seconds after you wake up from it - quite scary, basically the scariest thing I've gone through. During the dream I was going to my basement and I saw some green figures (in the dream) and there was no light on in the basement except for this strange green glow in some areas. One of the green wisps of gas approached me and I ran like 50 miles an hour up the steps in complete and total panic, then it caught up to me and I froze right there, then woke up and couldn't move for 10 to 20 seconds. I couldn't even talk during that time, though I tried to call for help. Turns out that was part of the dream as well, but it was vivid, like it really happened!

So after that I couldn't sleep any longer. I went down to the basement and intentionally left the lights off. It was around 4 AM or something. For a brief second I thought I could see a red wisp of gas moving through the basement and I figured I was still dreaming, so I splashed water on my face, and stayed up the rest of the night, and eventually figured out it was a dream.

Of course, here's the thing....maybe I'm still dreaming....6 months later.
Ingwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:42 AM   #148
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Aw, there are so many people I miss on this thread.
Rana, strawberry, arathorn.... where are you guys??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney
Tartan with gold embroidered JRRT symbols

Now, with all due respects to BoPs underwear, any of our psychic friends tell me next weeks lottery numbers? Or at the very least when the police are gonna stop me in my car?

I don't hold much faith with psychics.....I do however have a lot of faith in coincidenses.
Undies are blue, for the record.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:08 PM   #149
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
This is such a great thread.

I've never had a ghostly experience, yet I still believe in ghosts.

It was the night that my brother came back from a holiday in Germany while I was asleep, I dreamt that he would give me a pack of German trading cards and they were in a green packet, even though I live in Englan and you cannot get those set of trading cards.

So next morning when my brother (finally) got up he said that he'd bought something for me and he gave me the exact same pack of cards as in my dream , it was even in the same location in the house as in my dream (the kitchen).
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King
strider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:12 PM   #150
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

my boyfriend's school was at one time an Army Navy hospital. The morgue was in the basement. He's seen some crazy stuff in that basement.

I have yet to see a ghost, but I'm starting to believe in them

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:55 AM   #151
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I don't believe in ghosts, but I do think they do make cool stories (and very useful plot elements).

However, if I did believe, I'd have a nice explanation why one of the sound boxes fell off the wall yesterday evening. The bolts came clear out of the wall. It took down an african mask in its fall and ended up smashing four vases stacked below and tipping over a small TV monitor. You can imagine the noise that made, and mum and I were just sitting two meters off.

I have to say ghosts would have been a far more colourful explanation than just the crappy state of plastering in the library.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:18 PM   #152
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
I don't believe in ghosts, but I do think they do make cool stories (and very useful plot elements).
In his preface to the Supernatural Omnibus (a collection of supernatural tales), the supposed Rev. Montague Summers cites an acquaintance of his as saying, "I don't believe in ghosts, but I'm afraid of them."

My brother and I both saw something that seemed to be very much like a willow-wisp, one night, a bobbing orb of light that moved around. We observed the phenomenon for about a half an hour, or fourty-five minutes. What puzzles me is that I understand willow-wisps to be generally explained by bog gasses, but this was in a city, nowhere near any bog.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:13 AM   #153
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Firefly perhaps?

And I've seen way too many wierd things to not believe in them, in some form. Not exactly afraid of them though.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:59 AM   #154
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I think I remember observing a similar phenomenon for a few minutes on a dark night, we found out (not that I'm saying yours was too) we were observing a someone smoking a cigarette. I still can't believe we took so long as we did to find that out.

I've seen only a couple of weird things, but I think they're just that: weird, not supernatural, even if I may never find out just what exactly it was. It's a pity sometimes. I could swear I once heard a dinosaur roar while on a hike in some pretty dense woods, which nearly scared my sister and me out of our boots. We refused to budge until our parents caught up with us, only to find out it was a donkey making that noise. I'm still disapointed about that. Tsssk, silly city girl me.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:23 AM   #155
Nautipus
Kraken King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
I've seen only a couple of weird things, but I think they're just that: weird, not supernatural, even if I may never find out just what exactly it was. It's a pity sometimes. I could swear I once heard a dinosaur roar while on a hike in some pretty dense woods, which nearly scared my sister and me out of our boots. We refused to budge until our parents caught up with us, only to find out it was a donkey making that noise. I'm still disapointed about that. Tsssk, silly city girl me.

*ROFLMAO smilie*

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

-Excerpts from A Tale of Two Morons
Nautipus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:48 PM   #156
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

No, it was too large to be either a firefly or a cigarette; it also tended to just hover in the same place for a while, and then move over a bit. It sounds exactly like a willow wisp, but I'm just confused about what caused it, since the general cause of wisps was not present.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:56 PM   #157
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
Not shure what to think about this,but...

...earlier on I placed a plastic cup on a wooden table, to my suprise it was moving slowly across the table, so I picked up and put it back and it started moving again, so I shouted my sister to come and as soon as she was in seeing distance, the cup stopped moving. When she left the room it started moving and when ever anyone else was in the room it didn't move
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King

Last edited by strider8 : 11-26-2007 at 12:57 PM.
strider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 03:00 PM   #158
Mari
Elf Lady

that's so weird.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:25 PM   #159
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Usually happens when the base is wet. Air gets trapped and causes the cup to move.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:33 PM   #160
sisi041
Sapling

I sometimes saw a show called a huanting in discovery channal. I want to know if it is come from real things or just a fiction. The program said it is from real but I can't believe.
sisi041 is offline   Reply With Quote