take that as you will
Old 10-17-2005, 03:38 PM   #144
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

and one BJ, from the same
Old 10-17-2005, 05:33 PM   #145
BeardofPants
the Shrike

And there's only one spock... no wait, there's a gazillion of 'em.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:07 PM   #146
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

There's only one orli-luvur...

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 07:02 PM   #147
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

Hello people i just noticed i have not 900 not even 996.5 but 1000 -give or take- posts, (technically this is 1005) and BB said i should post here and tell everyone how much i love em, as bilbo would say
Quote:
"i don't know half of you as well as i would like, and like less than half of you, half as well as you deserve"
just kidding guys y'all are awesome.

but seriously this is a totally awesome site/message board and everything with awesome people whom i don't always agree with fortunately and very cool about this site is that it is the birthplace of EDDIE i can't speak of that here as you can see by my sig, but if you want to know more you know who to talk to. Thank you all of you evolution people we have had some fun debates even though after ward i get the strange feeling that is fortunate i carry a lightsaber after a particularly sensitive topic comes up . thank you entmoot god (mods, admins,etc.) y'all are cool even though i have consistenly posted randomness inconsistently . Thank you Grand Admiral Brendan(Known as TB on the moot) without the support of a champaign manager as resourceful as him i may never have got this far-at least not as quickly- . gotta go now see y'all aroun. to be continued....
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.

Last edited by rohirrim TR : 12-01-2005 at 03:09 PM.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 03:14 PM   #148
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

I believe i forgot to thank all the tea cup cafe-ers namely Lotesse, the tea cup cafe is awesome we've all had a blast demolitioning it at one time or another(no pun intended at the time ). and to the rpger's this post is for y'all especially my fellow kansan Curubethion; Assasin's Shadow OWNS!
i think that about raps it up i think we need to end this with a theme song *curub and Lotesse, start fighting over C's relient k CD* *sigh* just to make sure we keep everyone happy we'll end it with ROTK soundtrack *hits play button*
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 07:18 PM   #149
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

heh, just read the thread through ... funny how you remember things ... also how you see yourself changing as you feel more at home here ...

*puts feet up, relaxes in the homely atmosphere*

well, this will be my first entmoot christmas ... be nice to have the current craze for christmas trees extended to this thread ... anyone care to make a tree? ...or copy one of their own over? (one will do ...though that's not to say we can't have more ...)

since my earlier writings, other mooters i have enjoyed posting with include (again, apols to anyone i shall almost certainly forget) ... from the rpg ...serenoli, Udu, Willow, Valandil, and last but not least Shah (last sane person) ...

i'm not sure if i mentioned lotesse before when i first wrote ... so just in case ...Lotesse and of course CS (crazy squirrel) ...

i think everyone else from rpg is here mentioned ... in other rpgs Acalweia, and Curub, elsewhere Lief, brownjenkins and the gaffer - LCOU is sadly missed these days ... too many wierd cocktails in perfumed hats is my theory ...

since the start, of course Rian has taken the lead with over 10,000 posts ... and i am hoping we may entice JD to come back for a christmas appearance to judge the 2005 christmas tree competition ... (and hopefully say a christmas hello!) - ??? ...well, you never know ...

btw Melfena, i'd just like to introduce you to the fourth doctor in the moot practice ... Doctor UDU ... his speciality is wine therapy ...

best all, BB

edit** oh yes and hector and his 1,001 knights ... even despite the controversial denial of Sir greywolf's inclusion ...

Last edited by Butterbeer : 12-07-2005 at 07:19 PM.
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 06:50 PM   #150
Elanor
Hobbit in the Music

Well, I was told I had to post here when I reached 1000 posts, so here it is: number 1000.

My experience at Entmoot

I am proud to have joined Entmoot in its early days, and to feature in some of the oldest threads around, which I occasionally look up in order to indulge my nostalgia(see "Burning question of the Century" and "How to cook a Hutt" in the archives). I also "lost my internet virginity" (...descriptive...) here. In fact, it has influenced my life in several ways. Here's my story:

It was the fall of 1999, my freshman year at college, and I had heard a rumor that some new, cool, Lord of the Rings movies were going to be made. Wanting to find out more, I did a search and came across an internet discussion board on the topic, part of the brand-new "ezboard" collection. Back then ezboard was very easy to use and a free board didn't come with quite so many ads as they do now. I don't remember the name of the board I first visited, but someone visiting it mentioned Entmoot. I followed the link in his signature, and got hooked.

I visited regularly for about 2 years, and even started 2 ezboards myself: the Shire, and Illyria (both now nonexistent). I learned my first bits of html coding from bmilder and made my own Tolkien website, the Tolkien Site of Doom. This influenced my decision to change my major to Computer Science. For a while I used my alter-ego "Elanor the Hobbit" because I didn't want to be an "Enting" (see the archive thread "I don't wanna be an Enting!"), and as a local user I could be a "Hobbit". When we moved to the vbulletin at www.entmoot.com, all my posts were turned into Guest posts, and then I couldn't find my password for Elanor... I started to get busy with other things and the board had swollen with so many members that I felt lost, so my posting dropped off in 2001.

In 2002, I took a break from school to go on a mission for my church and lived for 2 years in the Netherlands. When I came back, Entmoot was practically unrecognizable, and I couldn't quite get into the swing of things. Then Fat Middle visited my new website (Segovia Mazes) and reminded me of Entmoot's existence, and helped me with my lost password. I had enough time, so I slowly worked back into regular posting. I've realized that I can't possibly read every single thread as I used to, so I don't try! I realized I could get a custom title, so I did. I even tried my hand at an RPG, but I'm not sure exactly how those work...

I still miss anduin, Darth Tater, DarthNut, IronParrot, Gilthalion, juntel, emilsson, and the others from the old days, but Fat Middle, Bmilder, HOBBIT (Captain Tarpols ), BeardofPants, Lief Erickson, and Spock are still around, and I've met some great new friends as well, like Lotesse, Earniel, Butterbeer, Rian, trolls' bane, Count Comfect, hectorberlioz, rohirrim TR, durinsbane2244, and the rest of you. I will always be loyal to Entmoot and its friendly atmosphere, and I hope to be coming here for years to come.

Segovia Mazes
Elanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 06:55 PM   #151
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

wow, again Elanor ..that IS spooky ....

i just signed the mazes guestbook mysteriously pointing you here!

sooooo sppoooky!

here:
http://geocities.yahoo.com/gb/view?member=segoviamazes

Last edited by Butterbeer : 12-12-2005 at 07:01 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:08 PM   #152
Elanor
Hobbit in the Music

Thanks for visiting, BB! How did I do?

Segovia Mazes
Old 12-12-2005, 07:26 PM   #153
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

19 out of ten for spookiness, above and well beyond the call of duty ... i'd just come onto the site and i noticed a today's post with you on 999, i had looked at your profile and gone to the mazes out of curiosity ... now i do not know the odds, but i suspect the very nano second i was pointing you here, there, over there, you here were posting above!

spooky, indeed ... it's like the kidnapped only slightly decorated christmas tree of christmas's past all over again ...

also ... shows that maths don't always work heh? ...you got here somewhat quicker than 178 and a half days or whatever it was i estimated ...

(well, i blame the dutch - they are just far too friendly and hospitable! )

yeah great post - though your comments field in the segoviamazes could do with being longer ... typical! i lost most of my comments - ironically enough about you being the mod there and me probably being off topic ... it being about mazes and all - but i argue my rambling spindly twisty comments (that got edited) were mazy enough to be deemed well on topic!

thanks for remembering and posting, Elanor .. ...yeah great post, nice to know some of your moot history and thoughts!

you've restored a modicum of faith back into the moot community .. which, frankly, for me is at an all-time low ... to be frank, i don't think i'll be staying around ... what with everyone taking all the fun and freedom to post away and arguing about everything ... they won't even let me post in my own thread about the lotr books in the lotr book discussion ...

well, i m glad you have enjoyed it here, as i have in my time here, too. it was fun for a while.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:44 PM   #154
Elanor
Hobbit in the Music

Well, the posts per day is just the total posts divided by the total days, not the current rate of posting. Right now I'm posting a lot faster, but my total days stays the same so the rate doesn't change much.

The guestbook at my site was programmed by the Yahoo people, so I have no control over how long the comments field is allowed to be. I'll try to make it longer, though.

Hey, don't leave! Have you talked to the mods and people about your concerns? Please stick around.

Segovia Mazes
Old 12-12-2005, 09:17 PM   #155
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Congrats, Elanor, it's a pleasure posting with you!

and please don't leave, BB! Just try to laugh at the few snarkarooskis here and enjoy all the nice people

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 10:41 AM   #156
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
you've restored a modicum of faith back into the moot community .. which, frankly, for me is at an all-time low ... to be frank, i don't think i'll be staying around ... what with everyone taking all the fun and freedom to post away and arguing about everything ... they won't even let me post in my own thread about the lotr books in the lotr book discussion ...
don't let the man beat you down! fight the power!

i actually find the 'moot much less argumentative these days, though i can't imagine why
Old 12-13-2005, 01:26 PM   #157
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Oh, BB please don't leave! You are one of my most favourite mooters... everytime I see your sunny little avvy, I know there'll be sth there to cheer me up... and I've never been disappointed in this expectation except this last post of yours, where you're saying you won't be back! I know its frustating sometimes... but I do wish you'd stay!

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Serenoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 08:22 PM   #158
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Butterbeer, I can feel your pain but please don't bounce permanently!!! Man, I would miss you! I so understand where you're coming from to be so disillusioned with the moot scene since all the RPG stuff, but please, please stick around. It's just that sometimes its kinda rocky at the Moot; we BOTH know how that goes. It's roller-coaster, but at the end of the day, we all like and look forward to each other.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 09:53 PM   #159
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Nice post, Elanor . It was interesting to hear about the absence and return. I'm very, very glad Fat Middle did decide to draw you back, and glad you stayed! It's been neat seeing your posts more and more; I always enjoy reading them.

Butterbeer . . . many times, good things must come with a cost. I consider you to be a fine friend, and I hope you'll stick this out.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 10:19 PM   #160
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Oh, good, he's got his audience crying for more
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote