Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

Done.
Old 11-28-2003, 07:18 PM   #143
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
The Evil One

Quote:
Originally posted by Bridgette
Hi ELor! Haven't seen you around in a while......

I am Lady of Rohan, jist under another name, because I screwed up my account some how. So, I can't really get to my PM's in my other account, to clean them out or turn them on. My Privet Messaging system is working in this account though!
LoR!!! Nice ta see you! I'll pm you soon!
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 01:14 PM   #144
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Jerseydevil, please clean out your PM-box.
Old 12-05-2003, 06:23 PM   #145
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
The Evil One

Nice av, Earanil
Old 12-06-2003, 05:54 AM   #146
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
Nice av, Earanil
Hihi, that must be one of the worst mispellings of my screenname I've seen yet. But thanks.
Old 12-06-2003, 01:19 PM   #147
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
The Evil One

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
Hihi, that must be one of the worst mispellings of my screenname I've seen yet. But thanks.

Oops! Sorry! LoD, clean out your mail box!
Old 12-06-2003, 07:28 PM   #148
Falagar

Jerseydevil, your PM-box is full.
Old 12-13-2003, 06:22 AM   #149
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

My post: see above. (Falagar's post).

[Edit] Oh, you HAVE sent it Cass. Ta.

Last edited by Linaewen : 12-13-2003 at 06:24 AM.
Linaewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 06:23 PM   #150
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
The Evil One

Is my PM box full?
Old 12-15-2003, 11:45 AM   #151
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

For you who were not in the particular thread to see where he gave it to me, a great big public THANK YOU to 'brownjenkins' for the nice avatar he made for me!!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 01:07 PM   #152
Valandil

Turmoil in Joisey

Hey JD, I've seen a couple news items about New Jersey lately. (Now news from Jersey always makes me think of you! ) Didn't want to start a separate thread on them, but...

One was the tragic incident where a 10-11 year old boy killed a 3 year old. Sadly, these things crop up about everywhere these days... so there's nothing notable about it being in New Jersey, unless one happens to live there. Did this happen close to you at all?

The other was the big bear hunt... which side do you take on that one? I didn't know about it until a few days ago - but saw a couple articles in the paper about it the last several days...
Old 12-18-2003, 06:07 PM   #153
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Re: Turmoil in Joisey

First - don't say Joisey. Only damn Naw Yawkas say Joisey. They can't even pronounce their own state/city - can't expect them to be able to pronounce ours. Hell - half the times they don't know where the border is - as demonstrated by the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island and the Giants and Jets. Oh and Newark Liberty Airport - which they always call a New York airport.

Oh well - one day New York will have as good a geography program as New Jersey does.
Quote:
Originally posted by Valandil
Hey JD, I've seen a couple news items about New Jersey lately. (Now news from Jersey always makes me think of you! ) Didn't want to start a separate thread on them, but...
You could at least think of good things that happen here.
Quote:

One was the tragic incident where a 10-11 year old boy killed a 3 year old. Sadly, these things crop up about everywhere these days... so there's nothing notable about it being in New Jersey, unless one happens to live there. Did this happen close to you at all?
I'm not too far from really anything. It happened within an hour from me - but not around Plainsboro or my immediate area. Can't remember where it occurred. As you said - it could happen anywhere - as it is a very similar thing happened in Britain. The case where the two boys lured that 3 year old from the mall. This one was from the library.
Quote:

The other was the big bear hunt... which side do you take on that one? I didn't know about it until a few days ago - but saw a couple articles in the paper about it the last several days...
When I was in oregon - they made side comments about NJ when they found out that we have a bear problem here. Seems as if everyone, including their news people, think that NJ is just paved over.

Anyway - NJ does have a bear problem. There have been bears actually in Trenton and this summer there was a bear here too. Most bears live in northern New Jersey though in the mountains.

I supported the bear hunt. It's terrible - but the bears are coming too close to peoples houses. For 30 years bears have been protected - now all they were doing was allowing for 6 days of hunting to reduce the population by 500. As it ended up they only killed half that many - so not sure what they will do.

We also have a HUGE geese and deer problem. Geese don't migrate here like they should and have taken up residence. With the deer - they're everywhere. Going to the movies I have seen herds of deer on the side of the road or crossing the street. Here they are not afraid of cars and just cross the road.

You can find out things about the deer problem in the princeton area in the Princeton Packet. I live right between Cranbury and Princeton.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 06:15 PM   #154
Valandil

Sorry about the "Joisey" - it may have been an old Saturday Night Live skit or something like that... (EDIT: and I think I picked it up second-hand from a friend at that - WAY back in the day...)

In Illinois we have a big deer problem. The populations are just growing like crazy! They actually re-introduced coyotes to address the problem. Now the coyotes are also going after people's pets, etc. Sheesh... government management of the environment! All the great ideas they get...

I had gathered that the bears were a problem. I think I read the estimates were about 5,000 - and like you said, they hoped for a reduction of 500, but it ended up being about 300 something. I guess they'll just do it again next year, eh? However, I did see where some thought that those people who moved up into those particular areas should be prepared to expect that... instead of moving into the wilderness (for the tranquility of nature) and then being being appalled at how wild the wilderness is. From your description, it sounds like the bears have moved beyond their former bounds though (what's that area called... the Poconos??).
Old 12-18-2003, 06:29 PM   #155
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Valandil
Sorry about the "Joisey" - it may have been an old Saturday Night Live skit or something like that... (EDIT: and I think I picked it up second-hand from a friend at that - WAY back in the day...)
Figures and Saturday Night Live always has Joisey - particularly the older episoses. But what do you expect - they're all Naw Yawkas (or at least the show is).
Quote:
In Illinois we have a big deer problem. The populations are just growing like crazy! They actually re-introduced coyotes to address the problem. Now the coyotes are also going after people's pets, etc. Sheesh... government management of the environment! All the great ideas they get...
They're having managed hunting. The big controversy is the netting and bolting.
Quote:

I had gathered that the bears were a problem. I think I read the estimates were about 5,000 - and like you said, they hoped for a reduction of 500, but it ended up being about 300 something. I guess they'll just do it again next year, eh? However, I did see where some thought that those people who moved up into those particular areas should be prepared to expect that... instead of moving into the wilderness (for the tranquility of nature) and then being being appalled at how wild the wilderness is. From your description, it sounds like the bears have moved beyond their former bounds though
It's a combination of both - but a lot has to do with the fact that the bear population has gotten so large that they're moving beyond the mountains.

A perfect example of moving into a wilderness area is the protected rattlesnake in the Pine Barrens. A developer somehow got permission to build a development next to land that is protected for a endangered rattlesnake. Seems to have been some special treatment our great governor McGreevey likes to do for his supporters. Anyway - the rattlesnakes just don't stay and in one place and the people's yards always have rattlesnakes in them (as if that should surprise anyone) and it's against the law to kill them. It's their own damn fault though.
Quote:

(what's that area called... the Poconos??).
The Poconos are in Pennsylvania. We used to have a cabin there. We just call the area - the mountains. It covers a huge area - basically 1/5 - 1/4 of the state.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 12-19-2003, 12:56 AM   #156
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

m'dear rosie

Dear Rosie Gamgee,
i have a lot to say to you, unfortunately when I have tried various times to send you a message, your pm box was full.
if you ever see this.....

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 02:35 PM   #157
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Falagar

Falagar - please empty your PM box, or else I will send a couple of my hitmen to Norway to make sure you do
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 02:46 PM   #158
Falagar

Hitme`? Wouldn't they prevent me from cleaning it?
Old 12-19-2003, 03:23 PM   #159
jerseydevil

If you are dead and swimming with the fishes - I don't think Jonathan will care if your PM box is cleaned or not at that point.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 12-22-2003, 01:41 PM   #160
Valandil

I'm bored right now... can someone send me a friendly PM just for the heck of it?? Or should I just go hang out at the ole Teacup Cafe??