Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-03-2003, 02:36 PM   #141
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Welcome to the game Yodaman! So the rohirrim has decided to aid us in our troubles. Who warned the riddermark? was it the great eagle?
Old 10-03-2003, 02:43 PM   #142
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Welcome Yodaman.

More rohirrim, yeay! Both my own characters Imarwyn and Tareod are from Rohan.
Old 10-05-2003, 02:53 PM   #143
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Good idea about the eagle, Falathion. I've decided to use it.

Thanks for posting, Yodaman. I'm not sure quite what the battle that was about to be launched into is, but it will affect the plot. I doubt it's the Shadowhand, already, but it actually could prevent Rohan from sending much aid. It could be with the Dunlandings again :P. The Shadowhand is not yet at open war with anyone. It is of course possible that this unit of Rohirrim might have attacked them on their own initiative. That also would have reprecussions . . .

In any case, the door is open for one of your characters to join the fellowship.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 08:26 AM   #144
Earniel

Mmm, I'm slightly confused. Who's Liren? I can't remember coming across this character before. Did I miss it?
Old 10-06-2003, 12:20 PM   #145
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

I think Liren only was a tool to introduce Theodar...

Oh, and know that the plot in this game makes for some restrictions (bendable ofcurse) when playing, Yodaman... War and the appearance of orcs usually has a large impact on the plot, hence it should be confronted with the GM (Lief) before posted.

I'm not asking you to change what you have already written, I am sure we'll find a reason for why it happened... (perhaps a small orcband grew tired of waiting for war and took action into their own hands? And perhaps this is the army the rohirrim was speaking of?) But please think of this in the future, it usually makes the final outcome less confusing and a bit easier for the GM Oh, and if you do discuss your plans with Lief beforehand, you could discuss the reasons for this to happen (there is always a reason...) and thus rise the quality of the work. Like I said, we'll find a reason for this rohirrim war

Great to have you in!
Old 10-06-2003, 12:31 PM   #146
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Happy Birthday Tessar!!!!!
Old 10-06-2003, 03:17 PM   #147
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Happy B-Day as well, Tessar!

As far as the orc-band, it would be simplicity itself for the Shadowhand to have riled up the dunlanders and some orc bands so as to keep the Rohirrim busy...
Old 10-06-2003, 05:20 PM   #148
Earniel

Quote:
Originally posted by Arat-Falathion
I think Liren only was a tool to introduce Theodar...
Oh, I see. I got kind of confused since she popped up in your post. At first I thought it was just a mistyping of Iriana but then Yodaman continued with Liren seemingly being in Rohan. I probably misread somewhere, sorry.

Though I repeat myself: happy birthday Tessar!
Old 10-06-2003, 06:32 PM   #149
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

The Orc is supposed to be a shapeshifter with a fake Theodar. So before you mess up the story, let ME make the duel between Theodur and the shapeshifter. LOL

Yodaman.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:35 PM   #150
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

You did mess it up. HOW DARE YOU MESS IT UP YOU LITTLE #$@%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (IT'S JUST A JOKE, SO DON'T TAKE IT PERSONALLY).
Old 10-07-2003, 03:26 PM   #151
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

emm... Yodaman... have you talked to Lief about this? Did you read my last OOC post appointed to you? You are not exactly following the unwritten "rules" of rpging here... Sauron is no part of the 4th age, and if he was, that would possibly mean a total rehaul of the plot of Hytorax and the followup rpg we have planned...

Please, do not make major plotchanges without confronting Lief first! You must understand this!

Thank you

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 10-07-2003 at 03:28 PM.
Arat-Falathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 04:32 PM   #152
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

DO YOU KNOW YOU TO READ? THE SHAPESHIFTER CHANGED INTO SAURON. IT CLEARLY SAYS THAT IN MY POST. OH WELL, FORGET IT. YOU SHOULD GO TO ANGBAND FOR THAT.

YODAMAN
Old 10-07-2003, 05:03 PM   #153
Earniel

Yodaman, please calm down. An RPG is a game with more than one player, it's only logical that other players will interact with what you write, just like Finrod did with the eagle. What would you expect otherwise?

Please understand that this game has been moving along a well laid-out plotline. Significant changes in that plotline, such as your bringing of Sauron in the game, should be discussed with the GM (in this case Lief Erikson) first. Sauron is not the enemy is this game, as you will know if you read the game-thread. Bringing him in the game changes a lot of things and makes the game (at least for me) confused.

I hope you can understand my point. We are all players of this game, but without adhering to some rules this RPG would have bit the dust long ago.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:29 PM   #154
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Ok, let me add that we like to behave mature in this game and respect all those who participate. I ask you, do not shout at me again like that, it has no place in this forum.

Again I believe you missunderstand me, the point isn't wether it was Sauron or a shapeshifter orc, but the point is: Contact Lief before posting such, because he will need to rework on the plot to make your stuff fit in... and perhaps that would meen a total rehaul of what was planned. So I ask you a second time, please contact lief with ideas like this before posting, we all do. Let me take an example:

In the beginning of Hytorax part 2 we started with our "fellowship" locked up in jail. We managed to dirk up the lock with a dagger that one of the hobbits had managed to sneak in. At this point I wrote a PM to Lief and asked the other players to halt in their place and not post. I asked Lief if my character could handle the situation, as a jailor was walking down the dungeon, guarding the place. I got a positive feedback, and even some advice on some details. Those advices was partly to include other players in my actions. It all went well in the end, and noone was confused as to what had happened in that scene. Great!

In a pen and paper rpg the GM is the one to lay out all the plot, and the dices say wether you live through a duel or not. It is not like that in this game, we let players decide what the outcome of encounters are, we let players come with ideas for plot change and twists and the appearance of enemies,

BUT: to make this work, one has to work behind the scene a little bit... or else it all will become a confusing bit of noneplotted nonsence that will get boring in under a week. This rpg has soon run for a year! It has run that long because it has an interesting plot and players has played maturely and respected eachother! Please, I ask you a third time, contact Lief before making plotchanges, it will only benefit the game.

I hope you understand this and take the critisism not as an attack on you from my part, but as a hope of making you understand what we are doing here and how we are playing, that is very important.

Thank you, and sorry to make this such a long read.
Old 10-08-2003, 04:16 PM   #155
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Yodaman, please calm down.

If you have a problem with what some one posted, ask them nicely to change it. Don't yell at them, and don't curse at them. What's the point?

And a big thanks to everyone for the b-day wishes.

SOME ONE *cough**glare**cough* started the RPG up again while I was taking a month away from the internet. Thanks a lot!

I hope I'm still in the story... I've got a lot of reading to do...

Last edited by Tessar : 10-08-2003 at 04:19 PM.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 04:39 PM   #156
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Hummm... after giving things a good look over, I'm glad to see that I'm still in the story! *bounce*

I can't say whether Elise would know about The Song or not, but if she does I doubt she'll mention it beyond simply showing she has heard of it and understands how it works .

I'm running sounds and lights for a morning show, I have rehearsals in the evening for an evening show, I'm doing karate, doing school work, and studying for my driving test so I don't have a lot of time to write much of anything. Or at least it doesn't feel like it!

I think Elise will take a less 'powerful' role for now. After what happened with Asanave, some one like her would be more likely to start checking out all the other members of the 'fellowship' (). I think she trusts Malagar to an extent, and so she'll let him take the lead.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 06:27 PM   #157
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

I was joking around when I got mad. I like to pretend I'm mad at the forums so people will get mad at me back. It's hilarious.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:42 AM   #158
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Tessar: Welcome back to the game! I'm glad that you finally have "perhaps" a little time to write a little now and then. Always welcome.

Wether she knows the song or not is mostly up to you, but me and Lief have discussed what it is, and still some things ain't clear. So perhaps it needs no thought before we eventually end up in a situation where she would need to know or not...

Yodaman: Please, try to stay mature. We are not interested in your jokes, not like that, it has no place here. None of us have been "mad" at you, as you place it. But get your acts together, we are serious about this game, it is not some kindergarden playground...

Sorry if that sounds nasty to you, but if you find such pleasures and is just here to mess up, I must ask you to leave us.

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 10-09-2003 at 11:10 AM.
Arat-Falathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 04:08 PM   #159
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Yodaman
I was joking around when I got mad. I like to pretend I'm mad at the forums so people will get mad at me back. It's hilarious.
That is as may be, it is not appropriate it. We would all quite appreciate it if you would refrain from getting - or acting - mad, and try to conduct yourself as politely as possible.
Thanks.

Mathron, RPG Moderator
Old 10-09-2003, 06:08 PM   #160
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

I am SO sorry. I didn't mean to offend anyone. Does this mean I get kicked out for trolling or whatever it's called?

Yodaman