Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-25-2008, 06:18 PM   #1
ElizabethAnnRoger
Elven Warrior

Yes, idealy a law against abortions would be perfect i believe. But i am also realistic. Its never going to happen. Right now we need to build societies that teach to wait for love and provide organizations that will help with women that have guilt after their abortion.
My only way of getting through the abortion was having help. I went through a serious depression and STILL have dream of my child. Life iwth out her is hard, and I know its my fault.
It is VERY IMPORTANT---sry i know its caps-----to have set ups like these
ElizabethAnnRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:36 PM   #2
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

This might be an impertinent question, EAR, but if you're so against abortions why did you have one in the first place? Or are you against them now because you had one?

Just trying to clarify... but feel free not to answer if anything's too personal

"Even a mirror will not show you yourself, if you do not wish to see."

"But remember... clowns make two things around here: balloon animals... and enemies."

"If I loved you then I would love you in any way I could, and if we could not touch, then I would draw strength from your beauty... And if I went blind, I would fill my soul with the sound of your voice and the contents of your thoughts until the last spark of my love for you lit the shabby darkness of my dying mind."

Empress_Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:41 PM   #3
ElizabethAnnRoger
Elven Warrior

I want to share EVERYTHING.
My bf and i were 'close' and he 'love me'. We were together when I was a sophomore (last yr) and I was pregnant in september. when i found out i told him. He left me and I didnt want my parents to know about the child. I got a free abortion (the advertisement said free abortions untill christmas..sick eh?). I lost it after that. Im now a junior and am still healing, but am much better.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:42 PM   #4
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

And so now you are against them because of your own personal experience with having one?

"But remember... clowns make two things around here: balloon animals... and enemies."

"If I loved you then I would love you in any way I could, and if we could not touch, then I would draw strength from your beauty... And if I went blind, I would fill my soul with the sound of your voice and the contents of your thoughts until the last spark of my love for you lit the shabby darkness of my dying mind."

Old 09-25-2008, 06:50 PM   #5
ElizabethAnnRoger
Elven Warrior

yes. my child is dead. i murder her. and my metal anguish after was unbearable
Old 09-25-2008, 06:55 PM   #6
katya
Elven Maiden

That doesn't mean everyone's going to feel that way though. I don't think that's a good reason to say something is universally wrong....
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:00 PM   #7
ElizabethAnnRoger
Elven Warrior

well....i was around about oh let me see....200 other women all diff ages? they had the same problem. majority of ppl are going to and it someting no one needs to feel
Old 09-25-2008, 07:03 PM   #8
katya
Elven Maiden

Where were you around these women? Was it at the support group or something like that? Obviously the women who didn't have issues wouldn't have gone to something like that so it's not really a good sample.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:04 PM   #9
ElizabethAnnRoger
Elven Warrior

lol very true, my mistake. its called Rachels Vinegard.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:35 PM   #10
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

As I've said before, everything around this is difficult. But I've known women to drive by the house where their birth child lives. I've known women to hire private detectives to see if that child is all right. I've known adopted kids with unresolved issues about their families, and intact families where the mother just CANNOT make a connection with the child they bore and are raising...even if they can with a sibling.

And so many issues around fertility. That's the other end of it.

I hope everyone gets a chance to work with their pain on these issues. But I don't think banning abortion gets us that, e.a.r. (((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
sisterandcousinandaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:49 PM   #11
Midge
Faithful Gardener

I know I said I was out of this, but...

*gives EAR a big squeeze hug*

Okay. Gone again!
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Midge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:23 PM   #12
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

The way I see it, EAR - the choice you had, even though it may have been the wrong one for you (after all, everyone is different and will react differently), is a choice that every woman deserves to have.

Turn it around - how would you feel if you got pregnant again and were forced to have an abortion?

Forcing a woman either to have or not to have an abortion is wrong.

~The Lay of Leithian
Curufin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:18 PM   #13
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

Do guys deserve a choice?
Old 10-02-2008, 04:23 PM   #14
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

^In terms of what? Having input on whether or not an abortion takes place?

Old 10-02-2008, 04:26 PM   #15
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

Yes.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:29 PM   #16
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

I think the issue with that is... it's not men who have to go through the actual carrying of the child or the birth... ultimately the reasoning behind the legality of abortion is that it's a woman's right to choose what she wants to do with her body...

So that same logic can't really apply to a man because it's not a man's right to choose what to do with a woman's body...

That's just from a legal standpoint though...

Old 10-02-2008, 04:31 PM   #17
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownjenkins View Post
Yes.
No, they don't.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
sisterandcousinandaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:07 AM   #18
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Yes - but no one has ethical problems with spontaneous abortions

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:26 PM   #19
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I think the choice aspect DOES matter. I think that part of the objection against abortion includes the fact that the baby has done nothing wrong - it is an innocent at this point in time, and our society goes with "live and let live" unless the person has CHOSEN to do something so awful that society needs to apply a consequence.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 05:48 PM   #20
katya
Elven Maiden

I think the choice aspect does matter too. It's possible to say killing is ok in some circumstances and not in others. I, however, think abortion might be one of those times when it's ok (if not ok then the lesser of two evils), and capital punishment is not. If you think about that in terms of innocence only then it seems backwards, but not if you think about it in terms of how much harm will come out of it. Death row inmates have a developed sense of self, people who care about them, and I don't think anyone has the right to judge whether someone is evil or deserves to die. (I don't think aborted fetuses "deserve" to die either, but I think children "deserve" the best upbringing possible by parents who love and want them, and that women "deserve" to be able to make choices about their lives.)