Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-13-2002, 08:44 AM   #141
azalea
Long lost mooter

Quote:
Originally posted by Arathorn
What a nice name Azalea. Flows out like a one-word poem (if ever there is one). I may consider it one day if I decide to have kids.
Thank you!
Old 04-13-2002, 10:20 AM   #142
Glorious Glorfindel
Elven Warrior

well, i got my name from being so mad at arwen (which is subsiding for the moment as long as no one discusses it in front of me) and so i thought that glorfindel deserved a bit of credit for semi-saving frodo and all!
now, back to smarties! i like orange ones the best, for a while you could buy tubes of orange smarties for half the price of normal smarties. same quantity and everything! i bought like 20 tubes, just as well because they stopped selling them soon after! BOO HOO HOO!
Na-chaered palan-diriel
o galadhremmin ennorath
Fanuilos, le linnathon
nef aear, si nef aearon!

add a drop of lavander to milk.
leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
Old 04-13-2002, 10:39 AM   #143
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Orange smarties? Oh no, oh no, oh no... It's blue smarties all the way!
Old 04-13-2002, 11:04 AM   #144
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

hmmm sugar, sounds nice. the most ive eaten in the last 24 hours is a jelly sandwhich, minus the sand.
Old 04-13-2002, 11:07 AM   #145
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Could I have the sand?
Old 04-13-2002, 11:29 AM   #146
LuthienTinuviel

sure! got a baggie??
Old 04-13-2002, 11:34 AM   #147
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I have a shoe....
Old 04-13-2002, 11:37 AM   #148
LuthienTinuviel

soudns good.
here, hold it up for aminute
*pours sand into BoP shoe
thar ya go!
oh wait, what ws this thread about? user names! ah!
ok, hum
one of my other usernames for a different thing is canihaveanorange
i like that one.
Old 04-13-2002, 01:13 PM   #149
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by FrodoFriend

Firalphien: Go to fanfiction.net and read "Where the Shadows Lie" by Robin, "Time Will Tell" by Jo, anything by Dwimordene - those are the best I've read so far. And if you're feeling really nice, "Post-Modern Periannath" or "The Adventures of Trotter" by MauraMellon (me!).
Another good one (on ff.net) is 'Captain, My Captain' by Isabeau. *winks at Hethlin (she just joined, I don't think she's posted yet)* You could also read my stuff if your feeling kind and generous... my author name is Elenil (at ff.net).

You need to go to the fanfiction thread in the LotR books forum.
Old 04-13-2002, 09:17 PM   #150
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

Or you could even read mine! (Morauko)
"The Light" is an extended version of "Burst of Light", which is a LotR/Les Miserables crossover where Eponine & Legolas fall in love

Cuivienen is a poem about the awakening of the elves.
The tale of Morauko and Tinuviel is a very LONG story about my(and my friend Tinuviel's) life in middleearth.

[edit]Or just check my "Favourite Stories" - I've been collecting the best LotR stories I've read... they're really good... specially "Beyond this World" and the two by FernWithy

The Nazgûl Queen she was, the Ringwraith, the enemy's most terrible servant; darkness went with her and she cried with the voices of death.

Can be found loitering at Fantasy Essentials or her livejournal...

Last edited by Nazgûl Queen : 04-13-2002 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-14-2002, 06:08 AM   #151
rainbow
Enting

my user name was definetly a spure of the moment thing it was based around the fact i tend 2 use weather related things as my user names plus they r v. mystical like me

BANANERISM RULES!!!!!

the spotty dog chases its tail till all its spots fall off!
Old 04-15-2002, 11:34 AM   #152
elvenninnyhammer
Hobbit

Sam Gamgee

well,
i'm an elf, and, i'm a ninnyhammer. no really i am.

what r smarties? BoP was talking about them and i've herd others (BoP poped in my head first) too.
Old 04-16-2002, 05:03 PM   #153
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
Mine just came to me. I think it's from the phrase a string twirling in the wind, except I don't remember where that came from.
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 04-16-2002, 05:14 PM   #154
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Arwen Undomiel

Smarties are like M&M's only the candy shell is thicker. They're only available in Canada, some places in Europe, and South Africa. But they're really yummy!

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 04-16-2002, 06:14 PM   #155
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
Quote:
Originally posted by galadriel88
Smarties are like M&M's only the candy shell is thicker. They're only available in Canada, some places in Europe, and South Africa. But they're really yummy!
Huh? What's this got to do with anything?
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 04-16-2002, 06:16 PM   #156
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Glorious Glorfindel
well, i got my name from being so mad at arwen (which is subsiding for the moment as long as no one discusses it in front of me) and so i thought that glorfindel deserved a bit of credit for semi-saving frodo and all!
now, back to smarties! i like orange ones the best, for a while you could buy tubes of orange smarties for half the price of normal smarties. same quantity and everything! i bought like 20 tubes, just as well because they stopped selling them soon after! BOO HOO HOO!
Why were you mad at Arwen?

Old 04-16-2002, 06:18 PM   #157
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by TwirlingString

Never mind, just got it.

Old 04-16-2002, 06:19 PM   #158
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:

Never mind, just got it.
... Spammer! What shall we do to it, yessss, mayhaps it's crunchy and tassty....
Old 04-16-2002, 06:20 PM   #159
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Quote:

Never mind, just got it.

Old 04-16-2002, 06:23 PM   #160
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Opps, sorry about that.