Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 11:35 PM   #141
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Yes, well I think that's part of the problem . I think it's meant for people who are coming directly out of collage algebra, and I never had that.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:07 AM   #142
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Well, good, posthumous luck! *uses newly discovered Force Luck*
Old 10-22-2005, 12:46 AM   #143
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Argh, why does geo-coding take so feckin' long?? ::grumpy::
Old 10-22-2005, 12:55 AM   #144
trolls' bane

Geo-coding?
Old 10-24-2005, 06:52 PM   #145
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
I hate math.

I have a test today, and I know how to start most of the problems, but I've got NO clue how to finish them.

I am -so- screwed. I've been to tutoring and everything but I still don't get it.
Sorry Tessar ....

I love math!

Vent - aaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! NO NO NO NO NO!!!!! AAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! aaaaiiiiieeeeeeeeee!!!! ooohhhhhhhHHHHH! NO NO!!!

*sigh*

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 10-24-2005, 07:19 PM   #146
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by R*an
Vent - aaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! NO NO NO NO NO!!!!! AAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! aaaaiiiiieeeeeeeeee!!!! ooohhhhhhhHHHHH! NO NO!!!

*sigh*
o.O R*an?

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 10-24-2005, 09:55 PM   #147
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

(I can't be any more specific because the people involved might read Entmoot one day .... )

aaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 10-24-2005, 11:34 PM   #148
trolls' bane

Vent: Does anyone else get that numb feeling in your teeth when your near someone you absolutely abhor. The old primordial lust for blood and the venom welling up? Gosh, stupid Darwin, if you hadn't said anything even natural selection would be unheard of, so I would have no reason to abhor that too.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:42 AM   #149
BeardofPants
the Shrike

*sends some good karma to rian, and hope that whomever she's screaming at, stops being an ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
Geo-coding?
If you don't know, then you don't need to know.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:46 AM   #150
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

hmmm, you can send vibes; you must earn Karma.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:14 AM   #151
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Just be vague if you really need to vent R*an. Like my "friend" did this thing "a few months ago" that's really bugging me, [analogy close enough for you to get it off your chest].
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 10-25-2005, 04:16 AM   #152
BeardofPants
the Shrike

'twasn't talkin' 'bout the earned karma, but the karma you give on some bulletin boards
Old 10-25-2005, 08:17 PM   #153
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardofPants
If you don't know, then you don't need to know.
Fine . BE that WAY. I've got to go read up on methods of Artificial Gravity anyway, so I'll do a wikipedia search.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:21 PM   #154
Rían

thanks, bopper and nurvaroo I'm feeling better now - the, um, source is now a little farther away...

*throws vagueness spells around just in case ... *

Old 10-26-2005, 02:47 AM   #155
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

My vent today: my brother is struggling to get better grades in German class, practicing, having extra classes (with a friendlier teacher) to better understand stuff & keep up with it... but sometimes he still feels he's getting nowhere with all that. Yesterday was a day like that... It took a looong talk and mum's help to make him feel better.

There's no way I can help him - I mean, I'm not good enough in German to help him practising (I stopped learning it, um, about 6 years ago and I've forgotten almost everything - feel ashamed about that, but still) and of course I can't learn anything instead of him. I love languages - I'm pretty good at English, I know a little French, I even play around with Quenya words just for the fun & beauty of it - but there's no way I can help him.

He took up English a year ago, and he's pretty quick & good in learning that.. but it's not enough to make him feel better about German. For him, language learning means struggling and bad teachers and more struggling, and thus he's too exhausted to see the beauty in it. and I feel so sad about that, he misses the best part...
Old 10-26-2005, 10:37 PM   #156
trolls' bane

Tell your brother that he and Trolls' Bane have a lot in common. Of course I took Spanish for one year, nothing else, but I know what he's going through with bad teachers and struggling.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:58 PM   #157
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

Thankee for the response, TB and never give up

*sigh* So, another silly vent of a silly childish girl... who cannot predict her dad's reactions, and has many problems because of that...
'Cause he wasn't glad about the calligraphy pen set I bought yesterday. Especially after I told him the price of it. I should've talked about my intention of buying beforehand, silly me, stupid me.

But in September, when I got that friggin' money from my parents, and we decided to leave the most of it in the bank and take the rest out, we talked about that 'rest' being totally mine, without having to tell what I do with it!

Well, I *always* told them when I bought something. ALWAYS.

I bought textbooks.
I bought 3 books for myself, 2 of them at a very low price (about 1/8 of the real price - bookstore discount...)
I bought clothes and shoes I needed for autumn/winter.
I bought make-up and other girlish thingies - I showed everything and told about everything. No objections.

And tonight, after showing these pens, it turns out that I should've used that money only for my needs at university. Now WHO CAN FOLLOW THAT?

Of course, dad's worried about money, worried about us, and all. I just hate when he's envisioning the total financial breakdown of our family because of a set of friggin' pens.

So how would I dare buying books on Monday - HoME, in English original, since only the first two have ever been translated into Hungarian - what for, indeed? When we pay an awful lot to the doctor I'm visiting, and for the train tickets, etc. Tsk, tsk. Silly me.
Edit: Being ironic, of course.. but still, the situation si very much like this now.

Last edited by littleadanel : 10-27-2005 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:35 AM   #158
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

It is something to consider; money; after all the family is more than just you.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:03 AM   #159
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

Of course it is
And I was wrong not telling him beforehand. I see now that it was the main problem... And there was a misunderstanding about that money. I try to be more careful from now on... Actually I've spent less then the half of it, maybe I'm not too late. I really don't want to distress my dad, he's such a worrying type, and indeed there are things to worry about, there always are...

*sigh* Such a strange mixture of adult and child I am.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:06 AM   #160
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

..You seem to have a good heart and if you just keep aware that you're changing from child to adult, it will help you and your dad.
Closed Thread