Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 04:12 PM   #141
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Wow! Thanks! I think that it is sad how kindergardiners saw them fall, I mean, they must have had nightmares for days afterwards. They may have had them anyways, but they had to be worse to the ones that saw it happen, then to the ones that just heard about it. I allso fill bad for anyone else who saw it, and for all of the kids that never got to see mommy's or daddy's face after words, or maybe even both were killed. I just kills me to think about that, there lives in my opion were affected more then anyone else's that lived through it, imagine a newly born baby, that only got to see there dad's face a few times, or a five year old who comes home from school and no one is wating for her, even though mommy usaully is, who finds out from a naubor, or a friends parent, or from a teacher or police officer that their mom and dad had died, and that they had to go live with there uncle, grandma, aunt, cousen ect. That to me would be worse then dieing, I would chose dieth over that any day. (I just made up the five year old thing, but you never know, it could be true to someone older or younger, I am 100 persent serten that at least one couple both worked in the towers, but if that ever happend I may never know, but it probally did somewhere).

Just wondering if Jersydevil saw them fall by any chance?

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
Old 09-12-2002, 04:30 PM   #142
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by samwiselvr2008
Just wondering if Jersydevil saw them fall by any chance?
Nope just on TV and that was bad enough. It took me almost a whole year to finally go visit the twin Towers site. I ended up going on September 1st. I got a lot of phone calls from people concerned that I was there on 9/11. I don't know why though. I only went to them a couple of times a year. Everyone said they were concerned that I had picked that day to go to the Twin Towers.

I think right around Rahway on the NJ Turnpike is where you could start to see the Twin Towers. Rahway is about a half hour north from me. I have tons of video of them though. I still think it's amazing that all the times I wanted to take video of the Twin Towers flying into Newark and I didn't. In May 2001 I finally decided that was it - I was going to tape them. So I got out my video camera and video taped them on final approach and landing into Newark Liberty. Then in August 2001 I had my friend tape them on our way to Liberty State Park in Jersey City as we drove on the New Jersey Turnpike.

The Twin Towers were my east coast Mt Hood. I'd always point out the Twin Towers to everyone - the same way I'd always point out Mt Hood to everyone. And I loved taking pictures and going to both of them.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 09-12-2002 at 04:36 PM.
Old 09-12-2002, 04:52 PM   #143
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

I know that you loved them, I saw some of the pictures on the website with all of the pictures, nice sight! Do you wish that you ad seen them fall (from a safe distance off course)? I wouldn't, no matter how far away I was, but since you loved them so much more then me, would you have liked to be ther to see them fall?

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
Old 09-12-2002, 06:50 PM   #144
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by samwiselvr2008
I know that you loved them, I saw some of the pictures on the website with all of the pictures, nice sight! Do you wish that you ad seen them fall (from a safe distance off course)? I wouldn't, no matter how far away I was, but since you loved them so much more then me, would you have liked to be ther to see them fall?
No way. There is no way I wanted to see them fall at all. And i don't regret not seeing them. Theonly thing I regret is not having more pictures and not being able to see them one last time (even if I was there just the month before) It's bad enough having to see them destroyed over and over again on TV. Also - there is no way I could deal with seeing the people jump out the windows. If you look at my pictures looking down from the roof of the Twin Towers - it'll give you an idea of how desperate the people must have been. I don't think i could have jumped. Being up in the Twin Towers never bothered me - but ever since the 1993 bombing I always thought about what would happen if there was another terrorist attack and I was there.

Thanks for the compliment on the site. I hope to be adding more.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 09-12-2002, 07:46 PM   #145
Sicirus
Elf Lord

I visited the twin towers earlier that year. They were large buildings. I also feel bad for some U.S Muslims who get abused by stupid people who think they were involved in the attack. I saw a news report about it. Sometimes I wish I was at the WTC so I could help some of the people out of the building. I think about it all the time. I read a article about people helping others get out of the WTC. helping those who could barly walk. there was also another sad story about two best friends and a brother. The friends boarded seperat plans and one plan hit one of the towers and the other into the other one. and the brother was in one of the buildings.
Old 09-15-2002, 05:00 PM   #146
The Lady of Ithilien
Elven Warrior

Last year it was so difficult. This year, I thought it was going to be difficult, too, but it turned out to be healing, the remembrances. I work at home and had thought of taking the day off, but since it had been so important on September 11, 2001, to finish the day's work, even when we were all reeling, that would be an honorable thing to do a year later, too. But I did watch the Webcasts of some of the events. At first it was kind of distant and formalized, but by the time I was watching the President and family members of those who went down on Flight 93 in that Pennsylvania field, the human perspective started to come back into focus, and fortunately, he said exactly the right thing that night, including:
Quote:
Tomorrow is September the 12th. A milestone is passed, and a mission goes on. Be confident. Our country is strong. And our cause is even larger than our country. Ours is the cause of human dignity; freedom guided by conscience and guarded by peace. This ideal of America is the hope of all mankind. That hope drew millions to this harbor. That hope still lights our way. And the light shines in the darkness. And the darkness will not overcome it.
So, today is September 15, and we go on. I'd like to share the whole of a famous poem, of which generally only a few lines are remembered:

"Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land:
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

------The New Colossus, by Emma Lazarus (1883)

We go on.
Old 09-16-2002, 02:35 AM   #147
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Sorry, I havn't had a chance to give my thoughts sooner.

I watched the whole tragedy live on television and I was scared, even though here in Australia I was as far away from New York as you can get. I didn't get to see much tributes this September 11, but I saw a very good show with all they babies born whose fathers had died on September 11. It was very sad. Australians died in the Twin Towers collapse, so it was an attack not just on America, but on all free countries.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:57 AM   #148
jerseydevil

September 11, 2003

Well this is the second anniversary of that horrible day. If anyone is interested in seeing a sample of the memorial that was around St Pauls Chapel - I have finally gotten the 10 pages of pictures posted on my AboutTwinTowers.info website.

WTC Memorial

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 09-11-2003 at 08:58 AM.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:59 AM   #149
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

It is indeed a sad anniversary.

Can anyone provide information on what's happening on ground zero now? Are they building a memorial? I read about the families that have no grave to go to, instead they were frequently visiting the place where the remnants of the ruins of WTC were thrown. It is awful.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:28 AM   #150
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Artanis
It is indeed a sad anniversary.

Can anyone provide information on what's happening on ground zero now? Are they building a memorial? I read about the families that have no grave to go to, instead they were frequently visiting the place where the remnants of the ruins of WTC were thrown. It is awful.
Most people buried something. The last firefighter was buried last week - they buried a vial of blood he had donated the week before the terrorist attack. I don't know if anyone else has held off on having funerals. But no one is going to the fresh kills landfill - it's literally a dump.

As for the WTC site - everything is up in the air. There are some victims families that don't want anything built on the 16 acre site at all - except for the memorial. Right now they have been demanding that nothign at all goes on the two acre footprints of the towers.

Right now they have been getting the PATH train and subway stations back up. They're still doing the design work on the memorial.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 09-11-2003, 12:23 PM   #151
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

The world will remember what happened on 9/11 for every anniversary yet to come.
JD, I like your Memorial pictures very much.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 09-11-2003, 02:04 PM   #152
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Yes, it's sad... I will always remember. We mustn't forget.

Somehow I remember what I was doing and thinking in that day, 2 years ago. I can even remember what computer game I and my friend played. I wonder why...
Old 09-11-2003, 02:27 PM   #153
Sween
im quite stupid

i would at this point also like to rember the people that died in the Hollacorst and ever other trajdy that has ever befallen the world
Old 09-11-2003, 02:33 PM   #154
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Radagast The Brown
Somehow I remember what I was doing and thinking in that day, 2 years ago. I can even remember what computer game I and my friend played. I wonder why...
Yes, it's odd how you remember little things like that, isn't it? Most people remember exactly where they were when they heard about the attack or maybe even what they were wearing that day and things like that. It's like the majorly significant events make us remember the small things that we would normally forget. But there are some things we'll always remember.

Psalm 107:31
Old 09-11-2003, 02:50 PM   #155
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Khamûl
Yes, it's odd how you remember little things like that, isn't it? Most people remember exactly where they were when they heard about the attack or maybe even what they were wearing that day and things like that. It's like the majorly significant events make us remember the small things that we would normally forget. But there are some things we'll always remember.
Hmmm... how weird... my friend told me he also remembers.
I remember the day Isac Rabin was murdered, and I was 6 years old! My mom told me when she woke me up in the morning.

Yes, there are things we won't forget. never.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:29 PM   #156
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

why haven't we caught anyone yet?
Old 09-11-2003, 05:42 PM   #157
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by LuthienTinuviel
caught anyone? they were all incinerated in the attacks. theres nothing to "catch". If you mean terrorists then have a look at guantanamo bay where we have hundreds of them locked up with out any official charge against most of them. if you mean possible masterminds behind the attack itself then we have some of those but whose to say really. if you mean osama himself well no hes still at large.

the problem is they were succesful. and beyond their wildest dreams i might add. so all we can do is be furious and take weak pot shots against the rest of their organization which is like chasing a shadow in the dark. its a frustrating prospect. and no matter what we do there will never be any kind of real moment of ultimate retribution. we will never have satisfaction no matter what we do. the damage was too great. all we are doing now really is desperately trying to make sure they cant do that again. nothing more.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Old 09-11-2003, 06:12 PM   #158
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by LuthienTinuviel
We have caught or killed a lot of the major players in the Al Qaeda orginization. We haven't gotten Osama yet - but he seems to be currently stuck in the mountains in Pakistan where our forces can't go and where the Pakistanis have treaties with the local tribes not to go. So it makes the job very difficult. It's like trying to find a person in the Rockies.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 09-11-2003, 06:14 PM   #159
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan
The world will remember what happened on 9/11 for every anniversary yet to come.
JD, I like your Memorial pictures very much.
Thanks Jonathan. I hope it gives people an idea of the Twin Towers before the attacks and the many people who were affected afterward. I wanted to try to recreate the memorial that had gone up around St Pauls Chapel.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 09-11-2003, 06:22 PM   #160
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
and no matter what we do there will never be any kind of real moment of ultimate retribution. we will never have satisfaction no matter what we do. the damage was too great.
You're right about us never having a moment of ultimate retribution, but bin Laden's head on a stick would come pretty close...

Psalm 107:31
Closed Thread