Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-26-2006, 08:34 AM   #141
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoli
All my questions seem too hard! The song is from Macbeth, the one which goes something like "Double, double toil and trouble, Fire burn and Cauldron bubble"

That's because, while technically your question (and others in the past) are from the movies, they come from the rolling credits at the end.

I feel it would be more in the spirit of "trivia" to ask questions based upon the movie itself rather than the credits.

Why not try again.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:29 AM   #142
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

But I never saw the end credits! I recognised the song by listening to them sing... anyway, i can't think of anything, really... so, u give a question for once, Spock

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Serenoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:02 AM   #143
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

I understand, but only a small number of music fans would recognize the song, etc. and so the question would still be a bit 'exotic' for general trivia.

I'll try and post a question later today.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:51 PM   #144
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

When do we first see Mad Eye Mooney?
Old 09-28-2006, 05:24 AM   #145
jammi567
I'm Eru, and lord of Arda.

At the very end of movie four, if i read your question right.
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.

Last edited by jammi567 : 09-28-2006 at 05:27 AM. Reason: it's the movie, not book thread
jammi567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:09 AM   #146
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammi567
At the very end of movie four, if i read your question right.
Oh, Jammi567, you make me smile. I'm not the only one who gets tired and makes mistakes on this board.

Try again.

Last edited by Spock : 09-28-2006 at 12:23 PM.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:44 AM   #147
jammi567

i'm sure it's right. unless you mean imposter moody.

and i didn't think you'd messed up the question, it could just be a trick question.
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:20 PM   #148
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
When do we first see Mad Eye Mooney?

I see that jammin, modified his answer earlier-I was acutally on but didn't post my reply until 10am EST.

Quote:
i'm sure it's right. unless you mean imposter moody.

I'm looking for a description as well as timing for this answer and yes, it is a tricky question deliberately.

Last edited by Spock : 09-28-2006 at 12:25 PM.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:41 PM   #149
jammi567

at the start of term feast.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:58 PM   #150
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
at the start of term feast.
ok, you're on the right track to one of the possible answers I'll accept.......you're almost there, just a little late.......(that's a hint)

...back after my run to the post office......
Old 09-28-2006, 01:01 PM   #151
jammi567

in the middle of the start of term feast.

Old 09-28-2006, 01:31 PM   #152
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

The sought answer in detail.

Quote:
in the middle of the start of term feast.
As jammi567 and a very few others (along with myself) are the only ones keeping the trivia going; I'm going to spell out the answer and turn over the next question to him.

1. MEM is first seen walking across the 'moors' in the rain (carrying his walking stick) going towards Hogwarts.

2. Three quick scenes later (about 45 seconds or so) we see his face appear at the dining hall where is entering.

3. Since we know by watching the ENTIRE movie, that this is NOT MEM but an imposter

4. MEM is "seen" in section 7 of his trunk when DD opens it.

I was open to both the first sighting of the imposter or the first of the real MEM---remember I admitted it was a tricky question.

J-take it away.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:41 PM   #153
jammi567

Cool. so i did get it right first time.

Ok, who played Quirrill?

Old 09-28-2006, 01:46 PM   #154
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:

...in fact, you did not....real mooney was in 7th level of trunk.....
.......fake mooney was walking across moors in the rain......
....just to keep the record straight......
Old 09-28-2006, 01:58 PM   #155
jammi567

that question was really evil.

Old 09-28-2006, 06:16 PM   #156
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

A question cannot be evil. The purpose of trivia in in trivial nuances. I was just at the top of my game with that one.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:44 PM   #157
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

so can we get a question as opposed to complaints, jams?
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.
----------------
Shanti, shanti, shantih...
durinsbane2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 05:31 AM   #158
jammi567

try post 153. and i'm not complaining, i'm only saying that that question was practically a trick one. but it's over and done with now, so now you can try and answer my question at post 153.

Old 10-06-2006, 12:12 PM   #159
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:

Ok, who played Quirrill?

now THAT is a ssssssneeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeee question.

reading the credits shouldn't be part of MOVIE trivia, but that's only MO

so to answer- Quirrill was played by Ian Hart.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:21 PM   #160
jammi567

yeah. your go.