Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-25-2002, 07:59 PM   #141
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

I assume you accidently used the wrong button, be careful next time Merry Brandybuck.
Comic Book Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 08:32 PM   #142
entss89
lord of the ents

Nazgul HI

SCREAM FOR JOY!
entss89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 10:17 AM   #143
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
First, I'd go check out the Valley of Singing Gold. I really wanna learn how they make all those leaf brooches and other Elven jewelry. Then I'd learn to make and use swords.
Then I'd leave and go on a journey, carrying a sign saying: "MARY SUE -- USE FOR TARGET PRACTICE" and see if I got stuck full of arrows.
If I survived that, I'd take up where Sauron left off in making Rings of Power.
Bwahahahaha . . .

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka

Last edited by Laurelyn : 08-24-2002 at 05:57 AM.
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 11:05 AM   #144
Durheledwen
Sapling

Tom Bombadil Elven Rituals....

I would love to go to Rivendell... elves everywhere... it would be heaven... bliss... sweet... okay, I'm rambling now...
Durheledwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 01:33 PM   #145
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

I would first try to find a place to eat and stay. Then i would pack up and go to all the elven dwellings then to the Shire and other places of interest. Definatly Aragorns kingdom.
Old 08-23-2002, 10:32 PM   #146
Brokehorn4000
Elven Warrior

Re: HI

Quote:
Originally posted by entss89
SCREAM FOR JOY!
Anything you want to talk about, entss89?
Old 08-26-2002, 09:52 AM   #147
katya
Elven Maiden

most likely i would first go absolutely insane with joy. i have been wishing i could go ther for like ever. then i would go to nice pretty shire with no sharkey and hide. no seriously though if i didnt start out there i would be screwed. i wouldnt know what to do. i would sing a lot of english songs and scare people with my outlandinshness. i wonder if they would speak westron. that would suck. i think all i would be able to do is try and remember some people's "real" names and hope someone got the picture.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 01:19 PM   #148
barrelrider110
Peer of the realm of Sanguine

I would first stop at the Prancing Pony, and have a pint of old 1420 and find out for myself if it is really Barliman's best ale.

I would then go to the Old Forest, look up old Bombadil, and ask him who he really is.

I would then find Gandalf, and ask him if the Balrog really had wings.

I would then begin my search for the Entwives and hope it takes a really long time.

Really I would.

Fear Complacency!

Last edited by barrelrider110 : 08-26-2002 at 01:20 PM.
barrelrider110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 02:18 PM   #149
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

Well said *again*, barrelrider. I believe I would do that as well.
Sminty_Smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 12:16 PM   #150
Telperion
Enting

It depends on when I appeared. If I appeared after the ring was destroyed I would wander around everywhere. If it was during the war, I would run and hide in either Rivendell or Lothlorien [if they let me]

Aim for the stars, if you miss, you'll at least land on the moon!

He who is made of air should not accuse the wind.

My mind wanders.
"Not all those who wander are lost."
Therefore, my mind is not lost.
Now, my question to those of you who doubt my sanity is this: How can someone who has not lost their mind be insane?
Telperion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 12:28 PM   #151
Celebrian
Enting

I would be absolutley terrified of being attacked by orcs. I would run to some small town as far away form Mordor as possible. When Sauron was defeated I would go every where I could. I would be sorry that I probably would have missed all the elves, but at least I would be alive!

Tall ships and tall kings, three times three.
What brought they form the foundered land
Over the flowing sea?
Seven stars and seven stones and one white tree.
Celebrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 02:40 PM   #152
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Celebrian, I don't lke you're idea... I think that if you would go to Rivendel, that's far away of Mordor and a beautiful land full of elves and men, or Lothlorien, you might have more fun.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 09:42 PM   #153
katya
Elven Maiden

oh! i just thought of something. a really horrible thought. ok first of all i would go insane with happiness. then i would check to see if i still had my braces...if i didn't i would jump for joy some more which i will do anyway when i get the stupid things off. but if i still had them, with no available dentist...oh my gosh i would scream, cry, mope, cry, then forget it for a while and jump for joy again. then i would mope. then i would find a way to get them off. that is what i would do.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 10:22 PM   #154
Brokehorn4000
Elven Warrior

lol
Old 09-06-2002, 11:10 PM   #155
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

i absolutly HATE braces.
That is all
Old 11-13-2002, 05:54 PM   #156
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
I have read too many stories about winding up in parallel dimensions, soooo ...

(1)I would figure out if I was still in my own body -- anyone who's read something like The Dragon and the George will know how important that is. You probably don't want to go wandering happily around Hobbiton if you're an elf, and you certainly want to be cautious if you've become one of the characters. You need to know who and what you are!

(2)Figure out what time I was in. Makes a HUGE difference.

(3) Determine whether I was "safe," "not safe," or somewhere in between. Obviously if I were one of the characters I'd have to act as myself AND the character, particularly if I'd become Frodo or someone and had a quest to complete!

(4) If safe: I'd go wandering about and asking everyone inane questions.
If not safe: I'd figure out what I had to do (or could do to make myself and others safer) and I'd do it.
If somewhere in between: If I needed to do something, I'd do it, otherwise I'd attempt to keep safe.

Also I would eventually try to get some friends from my homeworld (aka Earth, lol) to Middle Earth as well.

Heehee -- yeah, I know, a complicated plan for "just appearing" in other worlds, I'm weird.
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 09:29 AM   #157
barrelrider110
Peer of the realm of Sanguine

Thanks for the insight Silverstripe. You've obviously given a lot of thought to this.

Fear Complacency!
Old 11-14-2002, 09:55 AM   #158
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
Quote:
Originally posted by barrelrider110
Thanks for the insight Silverstripe. You've obviously given a lot of thought to this.
Yep. Some people spend their days deciding what to do if there's a fire or an earthquake or a tornado. I, on the other hand, decide what to do if I get transported into another dimension, attacked by dragons/orcs/random monster, or encounter a mythological being when out wandering around in the forest.
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 09:57 AM   #159
Miranda
'Bohemian princess of Covent Garden

Ooh if Iwas suddenly transported to Middle Earth- sounds like my fan fic "An Immortal Love" I would do as my two main characters do. Tag along with a group of funny little people whose leader clearly has something on his mind, travel to a tavern in the middle of a smelly village and meet a scary rnager who turns out to be ok but hey, TAKEN bugger!!! Follow him to some weird pixie city only to discover that elves aren't two inches high and have wings but are...MIAOW!!!!!! Meet a tall, blond elven prince and... I'm not giving anymore away because I'll be posting it when I've finished. If you're looking to get to Middle Earth in my story you have to go down an alley way in Soho and find an ithildin gate- Don't ask. Haven't found it yet, despite many drunken attempts Tee hee!!!! Later all Mx
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 08:24 PM   #160
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Quote:
Originally posted by Silverstripe
Yep. Some people spend their days deciding what to do if there's a fire or an earthquake or a tornado. I, on the other hand, decide what to do if I get transported into another dimension, attacked by dragons/orcs/random monster, or encounter a mythological being when out wandering around in the forest.
Hmpth...
No one thinks of the more important things to think about these days. Really I mean you have to be prepared just in CASE you go to another dimension.
Honestly.