Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-07-2002, 02:56 PM   #141
Rosie-Lass
Elven Warrior

Quote:
However, I cannot see Theoden without thinking of Father Jack Hackett of Craggy Island........
That is TOTALLY what I thought! Freakish resemblance there...
You can so imagine him asleep saying "DRINK...GIRLS...".
Lol.
Old 04-07-2002, 04:06 PM   #142
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by bropous
owever, I cannot see Theoden without thinking of Father Jack Hackett of Craggy Island........
Edit: Yeah he does look like him....

Last edited by BeardofPants : 04-07-2002 at 04:08 PM.
BeardofPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 03:15 AM   #143
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Treebeard is . . . omigod, like, totally rad!

*coughs*

Yeah, and I really like Gollum. I never thought of him sounding like that, but it's beginning to slowly grow on me. I think the thing that made me the most excited was getting to see and hear Gollum.

Theoden was perfect, and so was Gandalf the White. I love the scene where Gandalf first reveals himself, and the poem Theoden recites.

I just know this movie is gonna be great.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 04:42 AM   #144
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

WOOOHOOOO!!! I'VE SEEN IT!!! IN YOUR FACE!!!!

Um sorry Ohmygodohmygodohmygod!! I saw the trailer! It took ONE BLOODY WEEK but I saw it! At first my sister and I thought we missed it since we arrived as the commercials and trailers were already being shown. At the end of the movie I said 'Drat, we MISSED it!' and she said 'Well we'll have to see it again shall we?' And than the screen went black and the letters 'next christmas' appeared on the screen And we went like ohmygoditthetrailerohmygodthey'reshowingitohmygodw e're reallyseeing!! (hard to imagine the fact that we're both older than 18 is it?)

It was awesome! Woohoo! Treebeard is great! Meduseld is fantastic! And the scene as Gandalf reveals himself to Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli, MAGNIFICENT!!!! (and he went to the hairdresser's heehee) But what is Arwen doing there (again!) and what's with the sleeping beauty scene? Eowyn is just as she should be (I can see why you guys are over moon for her) at least she had the right to wave a sword around goddammit! But really Arathorn keep your hormones in check, she went for your SON for crying out loud!

And a poem! they got a poem in it! Yesyesyes! And the battle scenes ! marvellous and the way allright Eärniel STOP IT!

Ah I get carried away... For some reason I can't get on that download site, boohooo...sniff...
Old 04-08-2002, 04:55 AM   #145
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Hey, Earniel! Try the one I posted on the previous page (I tried CBG's one, and it didn't work).
Old 04-08-2002, 05:03 AM   #146
Earniel

I tried every link including the one you posted. But it kept saying the page didn't exist. Now I'm trying it again, seems he's abit more cooperative now. Well at least I'm downloading something tokienish. we'll see what the result is. I keep my fingers crossed.
Old 04-08-2002, 07:01 AM   #147
Dwarven Sen
Elven Warrior

OK i saw the film twice within 10 days once before once after the trailer was released and may i just say wow wow wow

Dont heckle the supervillain

Note to Self: Remember that sarcasm is hard to detect from text.

What ever you do, don't click this link!

my LJ
Dwarven Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 09:14 AM   #148
Earniel

I've succeeded in downloading the trailer, I opened it to watch it ...and what do you know? Dave (that's my computer) says he doesn't have the program! I could have known...
Old 04-08-2002, 11:05 AM   #149
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

If it's a .mov file, you need to download Apple's quicktime player

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 02:44 PM   #150
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

Quote:
Originally posted by Arathorn
If it's a .mov file, you need to download Apple's quicktime player
not if it's kazaa
Old 04-08-2002, 02:53 PM   #151
Earniel

I tried downloading quick time player. It didn't work. I'm cursed
Old 04-08-2002, 03:07 PM   #152
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

WOW!!!!

I downloaded the trailer and have watched it about fifteen times so far....

But it is so bloody dark it looks like it was lit by an Itty Bitty Book Light.
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 03:11 PM   #153
Earniel

You're mean, bropous, real mean...snif
Old 04-08-2002, 06:12 PM   #154
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quicktime should work, that's what I'm running it on, but then, I'm using a Mac, and well, Mac's are infinately superior.
Old 04-08-2002, 10:11 PM   #155
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

oh god, not the old "Mac v IBM" canard again......let's just go back to whether balrogs gots wings....

the trailer from the site listed above is REALLY dark-lit, it is extremely difficult to make out any details. Had I not seen the trailer twice at the theater I'd not have known half of what was going on.

I'm looking forward to finding a better copy of the trailer.....as it is I've watched it about seventeen times.....LOL
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
Old 04-08-2002, 10:30 PM   #156
anduin
Entwife

No, she is right. Macs are superior. Unlike the quality of the trailer.
anduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 10:47 PM   #157
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Hmm . . . I've got a link to the full trailer, but I'm not sure if I can post it or not. It's not perfect condition, and there's a flicker, but it's great!
Old 04-08-2002, 10:52 PM   #158
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Whatever. I wouldn't take a Mac if you paid me.

Well if you could take pity on a poor soul straining his eyes out trying to see this dark trailer I would love if you passed me the link, Rogue......
Old 04-08-2002, 11:01 PM   #159
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

'The Two Towers' trailer. Parts of it do get dark, but I think you can handle it.
Old 04-08-2002, 11:09 PM   #160
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Thank you sooo much, RE/RE!